Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dynasty Reports (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   FOFC Golf Tour (Interactive) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=93405)

Breeze 10-20-2017 06:41 AM

FOFC Golf Tour (Interactive)

Would anyone be interested in playing on the FOFC Golf Tour...

Some of you old timers may vaguely remember when I ran a golf dynasty, this one will be based off of that game. If you aren't familiar or if you are interested in a refresher you can find the match play tournament I ran here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=33199

There are some differences in this version of the game. Here is how the game works:

Each golfer is rated on 8 skills (I believe these are pretty self explanatory)

Driving Length
Driving Accuracy
Long Irons
Short Irons
Short Game
Sand Play
Putting Speed
Putting Accuracy

Each golfer is rated on 5 attributes

Focus - concentration
Clutch - making the pivotal shot
Course Management - playing shots to the correct locations leaving room for error
Scramble - ability to recover or create shots when in difficult spots
Consistency - how repeatable is the swing

Each golfer has 4 additional ratings that are created based on different criteria:

Luck - completely random wildcard that changes week to week
Fitness - how in shape are you (calculated based on training)
Confidence - based on finishes of previous events
Burn Out - based on level of training

Each player will also select a style of play (conservative, normal, aggressive) for Driver, Long Iron, Short Iron, Short Game, and Putting, but this time the setting will be done by hole. So players can be as detailed as they would like. In order to help you determine your style of play each hole on a course is rated Easy, Normal, or Difficult, and each pin placement is likewise rated Easy, Normal, or Difficult.

The tour consists of 20 tournaments with 4 majors. Each tournament has a purse that will be distributed to any golfer that makes the cut. That money will be used to pay your expenses, caddie, coach, etc.

Each week players will have time to train. Training can be done in a number of ways. Players can train just their overall game

Driving
Ball Striking
Chipping
Putting

They can spend hours working on a specific skill from the above list (driving length, driving accuracy, long iron, etc.). They can play practice rounds, or they can group up and play for money. All of these will combine to create the players total hours of training. The training will be applied and the skills and attributes will be adjusted accordingly. Each player must take 1 week off during the first 10 weeks and 1 week off during the second 10 weeks of the season.

I have caddie and coaching features built into the game, but I won't be using it initially. If the dynasty goes well I'll put it in place for season 2 if you are interested.

If you are interested in playing I need player name and country and you should distribute 880 points across the 8 skills and 5 attributes. You can PM me your settings so other players won't know what you chose. No single rating should exceed 100 or be below 50.

I'm sure I've forgotten something important and I've left out a number of details because I don't want to get too far into this in case there is little to no interest (no since wasting my time). However, if you have questions - fire away, I'm happy to explain as long as it won't give away too much of the game mechanics.

Breeze 10-20-2017 11:42 AM

We've got 2 signed up...

Coffee Warlord 10-20-2017 12:50 PM

Grip it and rip it.

Breeze 10-20-2017 01:47 PM

We've had 4 people submit scores, but I messed up in my initial write up. I listed just putting as just 1 skill...it should be split into 2 separate skills

Putting Accuracy - ability to read the line
Putting Speed - ability to hit the right firmness on a putt

So moving forward I need the following skill scores rated between 50 and 100 for:

Drive Length
Driving Accuracy
Long Irons
Short Irons
Short Game
Sand Play
Putting Accuracy
Putting Speed

Focus
Clutch
Course Management
Scrambling
Consistantcy

And if you submitted previously, please adjust your points accordingly. I apologize for the confusion and needing you to do it again.

Coffee Warlord 10-20-2017 01:49 PM

We need more points. :)

collegesportsfanms 10-20-2017 02:11 PM

feel free to just randomize my skills again. I'm good with whatever I get.

Breeze 10-23-2017 07:34 AM

We have 7 golfers entered. I'd like to get a few more, so if you are interested sign up. If you have any questions feel free to ask. You can be as involved on a round to round bases, or you can simply choose your high level settings at the beginning of the season and forget it.

I'll post some updates on the tournaments soon. I have a CT scan tomorrow and I'll be out of the office some today in order to deal with a prescription issue, but I'm working on getting character sheets created.

Breeze 10-23-2017 07:37 AM

Tour Roster:

Mike Schaplowsky - USA
Rob Nielsen - USA
Saku Koekela - Finland
Will Brown - USA
David Ginsberg - Israel
Brian "The Putting Butcher" Babson - Egypt
Deacon Palmer - Canada
Ches O'Peake - USA
Frank Justyce - USA
Jimmy Fujita - Japan

Breeze 10-24-2017 04:44 AM

Well it looks like interest in participating is drying up. I'll start creating additional players to round out the field.

If you aren't signed up and you are interested, jump in.

Breeze 10-25-2017 11:06 AM

FOFC Golf Tour - Carded Players

Joe Smith - USA
Mike Schaplowsky - USA
Rob Nielsen - USA
Saku Koekela - Finland
Will Brown - USA
David Ginsberg - Israel
Brian Babson - Egypt
Deacon Palmer - Canada
Ches O'Peake - USA
Frank Justyce - USA
Barrett Hays - USA
Brett Hawkins - USA
Wade Whitaker - USA
Benton Frazier - Canada
Ray Vecchio - Italy
Jake Doyle - Ireland
Des Courtney - Ireland
Serge Storms - Spain
Tim Dorsey - USA
Walter Sherman - Germany
Will Robie - USA
Branch Connally - USA
Ray Kowalski - Poland
Archie Goodwin - USA
Issac Bell - England
John Puller - USA
Tommy Phan - Japan
Malcolm Reynolds - USA
Amos Decker - USA
Jason Bly - England
Art Mullen - USA
Harold Finch - USA
Chuck Finley - USA
Jesse Porter - Bahamas
Clinton Jones - USA
Colton Rhodes - USA
Dickie Bennett - USA
Jimmy Fujita - Japan

Breeze 10-25-2017 11:24 AM

FOFC Golf Tour - Preseason

Prior to the start of the season we will run through 2 training sessions. Each training session is based on hours spent. You can split your hours between:

General Skills
Driving
Ball Striking
Short Game
Putting

Specific Skills
Drive Length
Drive Accuracy
Long Iron
Short Iron
Short Game
Sand Play
Putting Accuracy
Putting Speed

Other Options
Practice Rounds (4 hours/round max of 3)*
Gamble (4 hours/round max of 1)*
Fitness training

(*Total number of practice rounds and gambling rounds may not exceed 3)

Quick note on the Gamble option of training. To gamble you will need to coordinate with other players and line up a round. Then you'll need to determine how the bet will work (match play, skins, total strokes, $/hole, etc.), and how much money will be at stake. Communicate that to me and I'll play the round for you on the course that you will be competing on once the tournament starts. Once completed I'll post the results of the round and adjust the financials of each player involved.

The results of training will be added into a pool that determines your skills that will be used for that weeks tournament. Be aware that more is not always better and over training can lead to Burn Out. If your player reaches the level of burned out, it will impact you negatively both directly and indirectly as your score on a hole can be directly impacted while your skills scores will drop as well. Also keep in mind, that while training is calculated by hours your tournament play also adds into your total hours spent. Each tournament round is also considered 4 hours of training. However, the tournament play is added to the training of the following week not your current week as training is applied before the start of the tournament on Thursdays (training week runs Thursday to Wednesday). So you will know how many hours of tournament play you had leading into the training week allowing you to adjust as needed.

What I need from each of you is a breakdown of how you'd like to spend your time training. If you can use the list provided above and put the number of hours next to each that would be perfect. If you'd prefer to PM me that will be fine too.

Breeze 10-25-2017 11:46 AM

FOFC Golf Tour - Player Financials

Each players starts the season with a $35,000 sponsorship.

Each week the players will have to deal with the following payments:

- caddy - 5% or $200 whichever is greater
- coach - $5000/week
- travel - $750/week
- room and board - $250/night*
- misc (life outside of golf) - $2500/4 weeks

*note that if you play practice rounds or gamble you'll have to stay extra nights because you'll be on the course before the tournament.

Each tournament will have a purse to be distributed to all golfers that make the cut (which is half the field). The purses will be different from event to event. The winner will typically make $250K to $400K, a major winner will be around $600K to $800K.

If you happen to run out of money before the end of the season, you will need to take some time off to drum up additional sponsors.

collegesportsfanms 10-25-2017 11:54 AM

How many hours of training are we allowed?

Also, is this a game that you created yourself, or something that is on the market or what? I have a high interest, whatever it is

Breeze 10-25-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms (Post 3181047)
How many hours of training are we allowed?

Also, is this a game that you created yourself, or something that is on the market or what? I have a high interest, whatever it is

Training in this game runs from Thursday (start of the tournament) through Wednesday (when the training is applied to your skills). Each tournament round counts as 4 hours of training so you can safely assume that 16 hours of training is expected (4 tournament rounds at 4 hours each). From there you can assume 12 hours of training is available for players to hone their skills each day, but obviously that will be way to much. I don't want to give away too many clues because that's part of what will separate the players - who can maximize the return on training.

As for what the game is??? Well let's see how this dynasty works before I admit to anything...

AnalBumCover 10-25-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breeze (Post 3180905)
Well it looks like interest in participating is drying up. I'll start creating additional players to round out the field.

If you aren't signed up and you are interested, jump in.

Can I still join?

Jimmy Fujita needs to dust off his clubs.

Breeze 10-25-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnalBumCover (Post 3181056)
Can I still join?

Jimmy Fujita needs to dust off his clubs.

Sure...just send me your skills.

Breeze 10-25-2017 12:49 PM

One thing guys. I just realized when I created the character sheets I didn't put your usernames down. Can you please put your character name on any instructions so I can find it faster.

Coffee Warlord 10-25-2017 01:16 PM

I'm just not following how this breaks out.

We're running 2 practice sessions now. So...we provide # hours we want to spend training, over a period of what..6 days? Thursday -> Wednesday? Is that what constitutes a session?

And there's no tournament going on, so the built in 4 hours / day (over 4 days) doesn't apply.

Do we have to break this out by day, or just tally it up?

AnalBumCover 10-25-2017 01:22 PM

just sent in my skills. but i just saw the rule about them being between 50-100. I have to resend as I had a few below the min.

ntndeacon 10-25-2017 01:37 PM

So the first two sessions of training have no tournament attached to them. Correct?

Breeze 10-25-2017 02:26 PM

Obviously, I've confused everyone with this preseason training. Sorry, about that. Let me try again.

Training is done over 7 days - Thursday morning to Wednesday night. From a game mechanics standpoint on Wednesday night I'll run the training variables, and update the skills based on what inputs you requested right before the first round of the tournament at which point your skills will be locked.

On a typical week your "training" will begin with the Thursday round of the current tournament. Your second day of "training" will be that Friday. This means as long as you play in that tournament (didn't take that week off) you will have 8 hours of training. From there if you make the cut you'll get another 8 hours with weekend rounds. If you miss the cut you don't get those 8 hours, but they can be applied to some other training aspect that was outlined. Then you will have hours Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to spend as well.

Given this is the first tournament of the season, there is no tournament for you to play in, so those 8 to 16 hours that would apply because you were playing in a tournament are now open to be used in another way - without fear of burning out (because obviously you are expected to play 16 hours of golf through the weekend). I am asking for 2 weeks of training to allow each player an opportunity to adjust/raise their skills prior to start of season.

I hope this cleared things up a bit...if not ask away and I'll try to answer your questions.

Breeze 10-25-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 3181061)
I'm just not following how this breaks out.

We're running 2 practice sessions now. So...we provide # hours we want to spend training, over a period of what..6 days? Thursday -> Wednesday? Is that what constitutes a session?

And there's no tournament going on, so the built in 4 hours / day (over 4 days) doesn't apply.

Do we have to break this out by day, or just tally it up?

Hey CW,

You don't have to break it out by day...just number of hours spent on the different skills for the week...for instance:

General Skills
Driving - 0
Ball Striking - 1
Short Game - 1
Putting - 1

Specific Skills
Drive Length - 1
Drive Accuracy- 1
Long Iron - 1
Short Iron - 1
Short Game - 1
Sand Play - 1
Putting Accuracy - 0
Putting Speed - 0

Other Options
Practice Rounds (4 hours/round max of 3)* - 1
Gamble (4 hours/round max of 1)* - 1
Fitness training - 1

This would be 18 hours of training...if I played in the tournament the weekend before and made it through to the weekend play, I'd have another 16 hours for a total of 34 hours. If I had missed the cut, I might add hours to my training list above because I know I was 8 hours short of tournament play.

In this case to start the season, because there is no preceding tournament you'll be 8 to 16 hours short of a normal training week so that time, like with a missed cut can be applied to other skills.

AnalBumCover 10-25-2017 02:53 PM

Jimmy Fujita's practice sessions for the week:

General Skills
Driving - 1
Ball Striking - 1
Short Game
Putting - 1

Specific Skills
Drive Length - 1
Drive Accuracy - 1
Long Iron - 1
Short Iron
Short Game - 2
Sand Play - 1
Putting Accuracy
Putting Speed

Other Options
Practice Rounds (4 hours/round max of 3)* - 3
Fitness training - 2

DavidCorperial 10-25-2017 07:04 PM

David Ginsberg

General Skills

Driving
Ball Striking
Short Game
Putting

Specific Skills
Drive Length - 2
Drive Accuracy - 2
Long Iron - 2
Short Iron - 2
Short Game - 2
Sand Play - 2
Putting Accuracy
Putting Speed

Other Options
Practice Rounds (4 hours/round max of 3)*
Fitness training - 16

Coffee Warlord 10-25-2017 07:55 PM

Want both weeks at once/combined, or split out?

vex 10-25-2017 10:48 PM

Do skills decrease over time if they are not trained and will skills increase without training them(by playing in tournaments)?

Breeze 10-26-2017 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord (Post 3181089)
Want both weeks at once/combined, or split out?

Each week separately, but you can give them to me at the same time...

Breeze 10-26-2017 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vex (Post 3181121)
Do skills decrease over time if they are not trained and will skills increase without training them(by playing in tournaments)?

To answer this I'm going to break down the question a couple of ways to try and make my explanation clearer.

1. Do skills decrease over time if they are not trained - Absolutely. It is possible to ignore a skill and not have it drop, but odds are it will go down.

2. Will skills increase without training them - No, if no training is done on a specific skill, that skill will not increase - However...

3. Will skills increase if you don't train them but you play in tournaments, practice rounds or gambling - Possibly. By playing rounds of golf you are in effect honing your skills, just on a more general level. So it is possible that by simply playing golf your abilities can increase.

Breeze 10-26-2017 07:14 AM

FOFC Golf Tour - Tournament Schedule

Below is the tournament schedule. The money listed at the end is the winner's share of the purse. The larger the winners share the larger the overall purse. Figured this might come in handy when you try to decide which weeks you'll take off.

Week 1 - California Coastal Country Club Championship - San Diego - $320,000

Week 2 - Beachfront Pro-Am - Pebble Beach - $350,000

Week 3 - Arizona Open - Phoenix - $300,000

Week 4 - FOFC Bay Harbor Memorial - Orlando - $300,000

Week 5 - Augusta National - Augusta - $750,000

Week 6 - Hilton Head Tournament - Hilton Head - $250,000

Week 7 - Players Championship - Jacksonville - $375,000

Week 8 - Texas Open - San Antonio - $295,000

Week 9 - Dove Ridge Open - Charlotte - $300,000

Week 10 - US OPEN - TBD - $725,000

Week 11 - Memorial Tournament - Dublin, OH - $285,000

Week 12 - Greenthorn Classic - Lewisburg, WV $285,000

Week 13 - Farmer's Classic - Silvis, IL $275,000

Week 14 - BRITISH OPEN - TBD - $715,000

Week 15 - Canadian Open - Oakville, Ontario $265,000

Week 16 - Firestone Championship - Akron, OH - $300,000

Week 17 - Greensboro Invitational - Greensboro, NC $300,000

Week 18 - Northern Classic - Paramus, NJ - $270,000

Week 19 - Bobby Jones Memorial - East Lake, Ga $350,000

Week 20 - PGA CHAMPIONSHIP - TBD - $715,000

Breeze 10-26-2017 07:21 AM

A quick note on the courses...

Obviously the course names are pretty easily aligned to real courses on the PGA Tour. However, that doesn't mean that those courses were always used to create the course that will be played in this game. In some instances the holes were used for inspiration, and the skills needed on those holes in real life are stressed in this game. In other instances the holes were combined from different courses in the same area to create the course in the game, and in some places the holes will be entirely fictional.

Breeze 10-26-2017 07:42 AM

General Update

Given I haven't gotten 2 weeks of training from anyone, and this seems to be confusing most of you, I'm going to back off of my original plan and simply ask for 1 week of training (which I have received a couple of).

This will also allow us to start the first tournament next week if we can get the training information and style of play information in.

collegesportsfanms 10-26-2017 07:44 AM

sportsfanmas (Mike Schaplowsky's) training

General Skills
Driving - 2
Ball Striking -
Short Game - 1
Putting - 1

Specific Skills
Drive Length - 1
Drive Accuracy - 1
Long Iron - 1
Short Iron - 1
Short Game - 1
Sand Play - 1
Putting Accuracy - 1
Putting Speed - 1

Other Options
Practice Rounds (4 hours/round max of 3)* - 2
Fitness training - 2

Apply this to both weeks, and if I need to add or take away training, let me know and I'll make adjustments. Basically doing this on the fly so my numbers and totals are probably off.

vex 10-26-2017 08:05 AM

Will Brown

General Skills

Driving - 3
Ball Striking - 3
Short Game - 3
Putting - 3

Specific Skills
Drive Length - 2
Drive Accuracy- 1
Long Iron - 2
Short Iron - 2
Short Game - 2
Sand Play - 1
Putting Accuracy - 1
Putting Speed - 2

Other Options
Practice Rounds (4 hours/round max of 3)* - 1
Gamble (4 hours/round max of 1)* - 0
Fitness training - 1

vex 10-26-2017 08:08 AM

Are there diminishing returns with training or is it the same from one level to the next?

Breeze 10-26-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vex (Post 3181164)
Are there diminishing returns with training or is it the same from one level to the next?

There are diminishing returns...there is a sweet spot, if exceeded you won't do better and the further from the sweet spot you get the worse the result.

Coffee Warlord 10-26-2017 08:33 AM

Nielsen, Week 1
-------
Driving (2)
Ball Striking (2)
Short Game (2)
Putting (1)

Drive Length (1)
Drive Accuracy (1)
Long Iron (2)
Short Iron (2)
Short Game (2)
Sand Play (1)
Putting Accuracy (1)
Putting Speed (1)

Practice Rounds (1) (4 hrs)
Gamble (0) (0 hrs)
Fitness training (6)

Breeze 10-26-2017 08:58 AM

Looks like I have completed training for 6 of the 10 of you...and you 6 should have all received PM updates on your players skills headed into the tournament...

If you didn't receive a PM let me know and I'll get the info to you.

DavidCorperial 10-26-2017 09:27 AM

I have not received a PM.

Breeze 10-26-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidCorperial (Post 3181173)
I have not received a PM.

David,

I'm keeping my PM inbox cleaned out so I have enough room for responses about this dynasty. So unfortunately, I've deleted what you sent. Can you resend your character name and training info and I'll make sure I ran it or I'll run it now...

AnalBumCover 10-26-2017 12:20 PM

I didn't get a PM post-training update either. My training schedule is post #23 above.

Breeze 10-26-2017 01:43 PM

Ok guys, got your training updated...sorry didn't go back far enough in the thread to see your training. Now we are only missing:

Saku Koekela
Brian Babson

Once we have those in place I'll work with you guys on setting you style of play.

Young Drachma 10-26-2017 02:07 PM

Saku Koekela

No preference. Just randomize it.

Breeze 10-27-2017 06:23 AM

Post Training Explanation

Everyone has gone through training now, so I want to take a second to explain a few things:

- The stats you received post training represent your prepared game heading into the tournament. They are NOT your new base stats. This is important to understand because next week if your skill drops despite training exactly the same way or even more, it simply means the the training while it made you better it didn't work quite as well as the previous week.

- While the stats I sent you are not your new base score, they are influencing your base, just much slower than the weekly jumps you received going into week 1.

- While I provided each of you a full rundown on your stats headed into the first week, I will not be supplying the burnout reference moving forward. You'll have to make assumptions based on play. I can tell you, that there are comments built into the game that will provide hints that you might be burned out. (More on write ups later)

- Confidence for everyone is True for this week. Everyone starts the season expecting to play well. Honestly, unless you play extremely poorly the first week you'll likely also be confident heading into week 2. However, after the second week your performance in tournaments will start to determine you confidence moving forward.

- Some of you may have noticed a stat that was below 50...again this isn't your base score, but your trained (not trained) skill. Also, just because your creation instructions limited you to 50 - 100 points a skill doesn't mean the game doesn't have provisions for extra low or extra high settings, so no need to worry about being outside of the prescribed range.

Breeze 10-27-2017 08:08 AM

FOFC Golf Tour - Tournament Play

Currently our tour has 38 golfers - 10 FOFC players and 28 filler players to round out the field. Here is how tournaments will be played out:

Before the start of each tournament I'll will post an explanation of the course you are playing. The explanation will include:

- is the hole considered Easy, Normal, Difficult
- is the Pin Placement considered Easy, Normal, Difficult
- Par and Yardages
- a brief explanation that will highlight some skills that may come into play (these explanations are very high level and in no way encompass all the different combinations of skill checks possible)

After this is posted, each player will be asked to submit a style of play. The style of play set at Conservative, Normal, Aggressive, is broken down by the type of shot - Driver, Long Iron, Short Iron, Short Game, Putting, and by hole. So you can be as detailed or high level as you would like (I'll get into this more later).

Once the style of play is set, the first round of the tournament will be played and the results will be posted scorecard style for all players.

Prior to the second round, Pin placements will be adjusted and announced and players will be given the opportunity to change their style of play. Once any changes are updated, the second round will be played and results will again be posted scorecard style for all players. This means that for the first 2 rounds I won't be doing write ups. There are just too many players to handle this easily and it would slow the results to the point that the dynasty would drag.

At the end of the second round, the top half of the field plus ties will make the cut. Pins will again be adjusted and announced an players will be given an opportunity to adjust their style of play. Then the 3rd round will begin.

The 3rd round will be handled more like a TV Broadcast with write ups more common on players in contention. So players on the cut might end up with just a scorecard type list of their game, where other golfers in contention will receive blurbs.

4th round is the same procedure as the 3rd.

At the end of the tournament prize money will be awarded and expenses will be applied to your overall financials.

I'm sure I've left something important out. If you have any questions, please ask.

Breeze 10-27-2017 08:41 AM

California Coastal Country Club Championship (5Cs) – San Diego - (Course 1)

1. Hole Difficulty: Normal
Pin Placement : Easy
Par 4 : 480 Yards

Downhill hole with a tight fairway. An accurate drive makes this hole very birdie-able. However, a tricky green can require a steady putter and strong focus.

2. Hole Difficulty: Easy
Par 4 : 435 Yards

A short and easy par 4. A bogey here would really hurt as there should be quite a few birdies

3. Hole Difficulty: Easy
Pin Placement : Hard
Par 3 : 188 Yards

The third hole is also considered easy for a par 3, but it will require more skill to birdie than the second hole. Strong ball striking with irons comes in handy here, and the green is pretty straight forward, so a good putter can always generate a birdie.

4. Hole Difficulty: Normal
Par 5: 542 Yards

A solid hole, that offers numerous opportunities to players. Intelligent and confident players have a good shot to score well.

5. Hole Difficulty: Hard
Pin Placement : Normal
Par 5 : 580 Yards

Back to back par 5s. This one is much more difficult, but a player can still birdie. However a poor drive can put a player in jail which makes saving par very difficult even on a par 5.

6. Hole Difficulty: Normal
Par 4 : 445 Yards
Trap down the left comes into play off the tee. If players are in the trap they need some skill to grind out a birdie.

7. Hole Difficulty: Hard
Par 43: 212 Yards

Tough hole requires some clutch play and/or some strong putting to birdie.

8. Hole Difficulty: Normal
Par 4 : 451 Yards

A huge drive can set up birdie here. But inconsistency can be costly.

9. Hole Difficulty: Hard
Par 4 : 488 Yards

Extremely difficult to birdie this hole, long and straight off the tee will give you a shot. Often players need to scramble to save par on this one.

10. Hole Difficulty: Normal
Par 5 : 561 Yards

Tough green can prevent birdies and force bogeys.

11. Hole Difficulty: Normal
Par 4 : 470 Yards

Typically the approach shot here is the key. Got to be on the right shelf to have a legitimate run at birdie.

12. Hole Difficulty: Easy
Par 3 : 202 Yards

Long iron into a very large green. To birdie you need to be close. Missing the green can really stress a player short game

13. Hole Difficulty: Easy
Par 4 : 432 Yards

Nothing spectacular is needed to birdie here. A consistent swing alone can do it.

14. Hole Difficulty: Normal
Par 5 : 588 Yards

Long par 5 that is heavily influenced by style of play…aggressive players with skills to match can birdie, but they also run a higher risk of getting into trouble.

15. Hole Difficulty: Normal
Par 3 : 182 Yards

Pretty straight forward par 3…Got to be on the green and need a good flat stick to birdie.

16. Hole Difficulty: Easy
Par 4 : 436 Yards

Short hole typically means a short iron into the green…players that can knock down pins with the short irons have an advantage here.

17. Hole Difficulty: Normal
Par 4 : 454 Yards

Accuracy is more important off this tee than length. Bunkers surround the green, so sand play might be important to save par.

18. Hole Difficulty: Hard
Par 4 : 482 Yards

Tight fairway requires a straight drive, to attack the pin requires a long one. Bunkers very much in play here as well.

Breeze 10-27-2017 08:55 AM

Style of Play

I wanted to take a second to do a bit of a deeper dive on style of play. If you think about this as a matrix with the rows being:

Driver
Long Iron
Short Iron
Short Game (note for style of play short game includes Sand Play)
Putting

And the columns being each hole, you'll have a pretty good view into how this works.

From there you can set any one of those shots to Conservative, Normal, Aggressive by hole. Or you can take it more high level and set everything the same or anything in between.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some examples:

Option 1. Set all drivers to Aggressive, long and short irons to normal, short game and putting to conservative.

Option 2. On par 3s be conservative, on par 5s be aggressive, par 4s normal

Option 3. Hole 1. Drive Aggressive, Long Iron - conservative, Short iron - normal, Short game - aggressive, putting - normal

Hole 2. Driver Conservative, Long iron - conservative, Short Iron - aggressive, Short game - aggressive, putting normal

Hole 3...etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any way you want to carve this up feel free. If you have any questions ask. Otherwise feel free to submit your style of play...(PM or in the thread is fine)

Breeze 10-27-2017 10:43 AM

Quick Update

All NPCs have completed the first round.

Rob Nielsen and Frank Justyce have also completed the first round. Once I have a style of play I will complete the round and I'll post results once everyone has finished the first round.

Breeze 10-27-2017 11:25 AM

Quick Update

Half of the FOFC Golfers have entered their style of play and none have come close to duplicating the approach of another golfer :D I LOVE IT!...

Breeze 10-27-2017 01:53 PM

Just so everyone is aware. I probably won't be updating this during the weekend, but please submit any instructions, style of play, etc. I will catch up early Monday.

Anyone who has not submitted a style of play by early Monday EDT, will have their style set to Normal across all shots and all holes in order to move the dynasty forward.

Breeze 10-30-2017 07:39 AM

5Cs - Round 1 - Leaderboard

Code:

Brett Hawkins                -6
Chuck Finley                -4
Rob Nielsen                -3
Archie Goodwin                -3
John Puller                -3
Amos Decker                -3
Saku Koekela                -2
Benton Frazier                -2
Jake Doyle                -2