Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Steam Thread (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=83047)

EagleFan 07-10-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 (Post 2686473)
Do you have a smart phone? You can purchase from the steam app.

True, but if it's anything like the Christmas vacation event the fun part was going after the achievements and interacting with friends and others from FOFC.

Ramzavail 07-12-2012 07:28 AM

is this still true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanGarion (Post 1475609)
Steam doesn't care how many computers you are installed on, it only cares that you only play the game on one computer at the same time...

so I don't have to unlicense any games on steam before I reformat this laptop?

spleen1015 07-12-2012 07:34 AM

I've been able to play games on my laptop and my desktop and never had a problem. I haven't tried to play the same game on both though. I believe DG to be correct.

Draft Dodger 07-12-2012 07:39 AM

yeah, that's still true

whomario 07-12-2012 07:57 AM

I did have to verify my account (got an email telling me to) either after i switched from my old laptop to my new one or when i first used my new one at my parents house (iīm not quite sure which was it) but that was the extent of it.

Jughead Spock 07-12-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramzavail (Post 2687161)
is this still true?

so I don't have to unlicense any games on steam before I reformat this laptop?

Don't forget to backup your steamapps/common folder, so you don't have to re-download them all, though.

mckerney 07-12-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whomario (Post 2687178)
I did have to verify my account (got an email telling me to) either after i switched from my old laptop to my new one or when i first used my new one at my parents house (iīm not quite sure which was it) but that was the extent of it.

The email is for the optional two step verification rather than a DRM restriction. You can turn it off, but it really is a great security feature to protect your account so it is really not recommended that you do.

There may be some games with activation limits outside of Steam's DRM, but Steam itself doesn't have any such restriction. You'll be able to download games on your account as many times as you would like on any number of PCs, provided you only have one active login at a time.

Ramzavail 07-12-2012 10:58 AM

but what about saved games? Don't I have find those and save them myself?

Ramzavail 07-12-2012 11:00 AM

I don't mind re-downloading the games - I'm reformatting the whole thing.

mckerney 07-12-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramzavail (Post 2687332)
but what about saved games? Don't I have find those and save them myself?

Depends on the game. If the game doesn't have Steam Cloud you will have to find the save files and back them up manually.

Scoobz0202 07-12-2012 11:39 AM

Shots fired. This is a hell of a deal if you don't already own most of the games.

THQ Bundle $50

Save 84% on THQ Collection on Steam

mckerney 07-12-2012 11:56 AM

Looks like they're putting the Summer Sale deals up then.

SackAttack 07-12-2012 12:00 PM

Yeah, sale is begun.

mckerney 07-12-2012 12:18 PM

Looks like there's no Summer Camp this year though. :(

SackAttack 07-12-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 2687381)
Looks like there's no Summer Camp this year though. :(

Hard to say. They've been adding stuff to the front page even after the sale stuff went up.

There's a box for stuff friends have bought and stuff friends want that wasn't there when the summer sale page first loaded for me, for example.

RainMaker 07-12-2012 12:29 PM

Noticed Civ V is on sale pretty big. Was going to grab a few of the remaining DLC. Looks like their servers are getting hammered though.

mckerney 07-12-2012 12:32 PM

Ah, I see there are achievements you can get on your profile. Right now they're mostly just for voting though, nothing you get in games.

whomario 07-12-2012 12:45 PM

Crusader Kings II for 9,99 is one you might want to look at. Basically everything from Paradox is down individually as well for the duration of the sale.

store is being pounded. Donīt you guys have to be at work or school or sth ? Geez, itīs like noon or 2 pm on a work day ;)

Grover 07-12-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whomario (Post 2687398)
Crusader Kings II for 9,99 is one you might want to look at. Basically everything from Paradox is down individually as well.

store is being pounded. Donīt you guys have to be at work or school or sth ? Geez, itīs like noon or 2 pm on a work day ;)

"Week day? Is this... what day is this?"

Scoobz0202 07-12-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whomario (Post 2687398)
Crusader Kings II for 9,99 is one you might want to look at. Basically everything from Paradox is down individually as well.

I really really really want to get into the Paradox games. I have CKII and Europa Universalis III but neither have really hooked me. CKII has come pretty close. Paradox packs are always crazy. I mean, I could have games for years of play in their pack alone.

Scoobz0202 07-12-2012 12:51 PM

Was really hoping ArmaII:CO would be a day 1 daily. I'm tired of waiting :(

BrianD 07-12-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 (Post 2687405)
Was really hoping ArmaII:CO would be a day 1 daily. I'm tired of waiting :(

I'm watching this one too. It dropped from $30 to $24. Should we expect this to go lower?

Scoobz0202 07-12-2012 01:13 PM

With it sitting at the top of the sales charts on Steam for the past few weeks I'm anticipating it being a daily deal. How much lower? Maybe $15?

If it doesn't, it will still be there at the end.

Julio Riddols 07-12-2012 04:53 PM

Crusader Kings, here I come! Tonight the fiancee and I will rule Winterfell!!

Honolulu_Blue 07-12-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2687571)
Crusader Kings, here I come! Tonight the fiancee and I will rule Winterfell!!

FYI:

Make sure you download V0.2 of the "Game of Thrones" mod. V0.1 doesn't work with the latest patch.

I have been playing as Bronze Yohn Royce. My goal is to have the Royce's become Lords of the Vale.

It progresses slowly, though my current character, Andar Royce, is married to Margery Tyrell, though my first character, Yohn, did end up giving her two children while he was still alive and she was his daughter-in-law. Weird, I know.

Julio Riddols 07-12-2012 05:00 PM

Nice, thanks for the heads up. Margaery is a saucy dame.. She'll do anything for a taste of the throne.

DaddyTorgo 07-12-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2687573)
FYI:

Make sure you download V0.2 of the "Game of Thrones" mod. V0.1 doesn't work with the latest patch.

Yuppers. I'm on the mod team, so let me know if you have any questions or comments or input or notice anything or whatever.

WVUFAN 07-12-2012 08:10 PM

My username is WVUFan1971

JPhillips 07-12-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2687579)
Yuppers. I'm on the mod team, so let me know if you have any questions or comments or input or notice anything or whatever.

I think it needs a lot more events. Once everything becomes a single kingdom there isn't much to do. I liked playing in the world, but I didn't have much to do other than marry children off every few years.

FrogMan 07-12-2012 08:24 PM

Am I just dense or are today's deals going on for way more than a day? Says the offer for COD:MW3 ends more than 27 hours...

Anyway, that's one my son will be happy to get. He left for a Summer camp last Sunday and I told him to give me a wishlist if the sale ever started when he'd be away and that one was at the top of his list ;)

FM

Scoobz0202 07-12-2012 08:28 PM

Not sure why the Daily Deals say that but I would assume they will end at 1PM EST like they always do.

Groundhog 07-12-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue (Post 2687573)
It progresses slowly, though my current character, Andar Royce, is married to Margery Tyrell, though my first character, Yohn, did end up giving her two children while he was still alive and she was his daughter-in-law. Weird, I know.

I picked the Manderly's of White Harbour and ALSO married Margaery to my son, while I picked up one of the Sand Snakes. Early on especially it's hard to ignore all the 'name' character in the game.

I did enjoy seeing Tyrion as head of the Lannister's quite early in my game too.

Groundhog 07-12-2012 08:58 PM

I don't remember applying for it - and I'm fairly sure I never did considering I hadn't heard of it prior to the offer when I opened Steam last night - but apparently I'm a beta tester for the Valve Filmmaker. Downloaded it last night but haven't tried it yet.

Scoobz0202 07-12-2012 09:00 PM

Thought i put it in this thread, but it was the other.

Anyways, if any non-US guys want something gifted throughout the sale just get a hold of me.

Steam Community :: ID :: CancerStick

Scoobz0202 07-13-2012 12:16 PM

Picking up for sure Binding of Isaac. Heard some cool stuff about it. Will probably jump on the Tribes starter pack, too.

Debating on the others like Max Payne and Anno. With all the little purchases I am making I am having a hard time justifying $25+ for a game. By the time I play through what Im getting I could probably wait for a Christmas sale for these. Also debating Sonic. Played the shit out of Sonic as a youngster, but was hoping it would be a few bucks cheaper. Anybody play it?

whomario 07-13-2012 12:22 PM

if anyoneīs interested in the game Anno 2070. In the german store, the Anno 2070 Collection is actually cheaper while containing some DLCs.

Might try out From Dust, seems like an intriguing concept.

mckerney 07-13-2012 01:04 PM

I strongly recommend The Binding of Isaac. There's also DLC that adds more types of rooms, enemies and bosses for about another $0.75.

SackAttack 07-13-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 (Post 2687867)

Picking up for sure Binding of Isaac. Heard some cool stuff about it. Will probably jump on the Tribes starter pack, too.

Debating on the others like Max Payne and Anno. With all the little purchases I am making I am having a hard time justifying $25+ for a game. By the time I play through what Im getting I could problem wait for a Christmas sale for these. Also debating between Sonic. Played the shit out of Sonic as a youngster, but was hoping it would be a few bucks cheaper. Anybody play it?

Sonic Generations is fantastic. I have the PS3 version, so I dunno if the PC version is better/worse, but the PS3 version of Sonic Generations was the best Sonic game I've played...well, since I was a kid.

FrogMan 07-13-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 (Post 2687667)
Not sure why the Daily Deals say that but I would assume they will end at 1PM EST like they always do.

From what I understand, the deals seem to overlap. New deals have appeared but yesterday's are still valid for a few hours. Not a bad idea if you ask me.

FM

FrogMan 07-13-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 2687884)
I strongly recommend The Binding of Isaac. There's also DLC that adds more types of rooms, enemies and bosses for about another $0.75.

This and the mention about From Dust in the specials thread is what I have always liked about these sales. Neat little games for cheap that I would probably never have heard of without this sale.

FM

dubb93 07-13-2012 02:13 PM

So far I've picked up Skyrim at it's standard discount and both Saints Row 3 and CK II at big discounts.

Coming in I wanted Skyrim, Dead Island, and CK II. I'll be waiting for the big Dead Island deal and probably end up buying about five other things just for shits and giggles.

mckerney 07-13-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SackAttack (Post 2687886)
Sonic Generations is fantastic. I have the PS3 version, so I dunno if the PC version is better/worse, but the PS3 version of Sonic Generations was the best Sonic game I've played...well, since I was a kid.

The PC version of it is also very good. Total Biscuit described Sonic Generations as, "a love letter to Sonic fans everywhere. A love letter from a spouse that has been abusing all of us for a decade."

DaddyTorgo 07-13-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPhillips (Post 2687663)
I think it needs a lot more events. Once everything becomes a single kingdom there isn't much to do. I liked playing in the world, but I didn't have much to do other than marry children off every few years.

You didn't end up with plenty of warfare?

We're working on trying to make sure there's more events going on (without having them be lame), and also on making sure that there's plenty of political instability.

Maybe you just got bored before the kingdom split apart again?

DaddyTorgo 07-13-2012 02:25 PM

Ditto what Scoobz said - if you non-US people want something gifted, hit me up. SteamID is the same as my nickname here.

mckerney 07-13-2012 02:26 PM

If you have a group you play co-op games with Payday is also worth considering. It's similar to Left 4 Dead though more focused on completing objectives than just getting to the end of the level. The bank robbery or jewel heist type missions can be incredibly intense and exciting with a good group of teammates. Unfortunately it isn't nearly as polished as Left 4 Dead, and has an experience system to level up and unlock different weapons and accessories (which can be a positive for some, though I've never really been a fan of such systems).

DaddyTorgo 07-13-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 2687925)
If you have a group you play co-op games with Payday is also worth considering. It's similar to Left 4 Dead though more focused on completing objectives than just getting to the end of the level. The bank robbery or jewel heist type missions can be incredibly intense and exciting with a good group of teammates. Unfortunately it isn't nearly as polished as Left 4 Dead, and has an experience system to level up and unlock different weapons and accessories (which can be a positive for some, though I've never really been a fan of such systems).

I thought the payday demo on my ps3 was pretty fun. not "polished" in a lot of senses, but fun.

mckerney 07-13-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2687930)
I thought the payday demo on my ps3 was pretty fun. not "polished" in a lot of senses, but fun.

Yeah, that's about it. Getting 3 friend together and playing bad guys is definitely fun enough that you'll be able to overlook the games flaws and have a blast stealing stuff. It is a game where the them does a lot for it.

It's not for single player so you either need a group of friends or be fine playing with strangers (though it's at it's best if you do have some friends to play with).

DaddyTorgo 07-13-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 2687932)
Yeah, that's about it. Getting 3 friend together and playing bad guys is definitely fun enough that you'll be able to overlook the games flaws and have a blast stealing stuff.

It's not for single player so you either need a group of friends or be fine playing with strangers.

Yeah.

If I only had friends...LOL

JPhillips 07-13-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2687922)
You didn't end up with plenty of warfare?

We're working on trying to make sure there's more events going on (without having them be lame), and also on making sure that there's plenty of political instability.

Maybe you just got bored before the kingdom split apart again?

I only played for about twenty years. There were a couple of small splits, but the combined might of the Iron Throne easily put them down. I felt like I had nothing to do other than watch the dates tick by. For me the vanilla CK2 was far more interesting.

Radii 07-13-2012 02:58 PM

I bought Shogun 2 (from the total war series) collection for $20, woohoo.