Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW - Nightmare Before Christmas (Game Over - Wolves Win!!!) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=80040)

Autumn 12-17-2010 10:04 PM

Hooray!

Autumn 12-17-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 2395771)
Could be... ;)

I knew it!

EagleFan 12-17-2010 10:08 PM

Well played wolves.

Though I thought you were about to be caught yesterday when you both jumped off CW right away as only you two would know that CW wasn't a wolf with a fake reveal trying to lure the real santa out.

Autumn 12-17-2010 10:11 PM

Yeah, DT coming on strong in favor of the reveal and saying CW had been dropping hints is what made me move. Though I have to admit, I missed them. That was a huge Christmas gift in our lap because we weren't going after CW and he would have had me.

EagleFan 12-17-2010 10:12 PM

Thoughts on the Christmas Miracle on day one? I remember there was talk a while back about coming up with a way that there was no day one lynch and yet still have the vote mean something. I figured if everyone voted thinking there was going to be a lynch that would be the best way for it to mean something.

I had a plan in place for how to handle each side being "screwed" by that. Then you go and lynch the "Jack". Was hoping to see how his role was going to play out.

Lathum 12-17-2010 10:13 PM

I had my vote changed to autumn and erased the post. Him wanting go go after me fir ne real reason threw me off for sure. Juggler I wouldn't have gotten. Always hard to nail a first timer as a wolf. Still. Well played by all. Thanks for running it ef.

Lathum 12-17-2010 10:17 PM

Dola- just s little soap box but I hate it when people post their alligence before the fm can do a write up. Really takes away from the flavor of the game. Not trying to single out ra as others have find it as well b

Lathum 12-17-2010 10:17 PM

Stupid iPhone.

thejuggler3 12-17-2010 10:20 PM

That was fun. I know it must have been hard with me being a new guy. Coffee had me dead to rights. I didn't think that my whole "this is my first time, so I'll go with the flow a bit" had him thinking I was a wolf right away (he scanned me night 2). Luckily, I was the cunning, so I was trying to give myself a little heat for a scan.

thejuggler3 12-17-2010 10:26 PM

Just to give some insight, I was playing sort of how I normally play (with the exception of early in the game when I milked the new player thing a bit.)

I tend to do what I think is right. I have no problem switching if need be, especially to break ties. I usually lay out who I think is guilty as best I can. The only big difference is when I'm a villager, I'm willing to be swayed by others more if they make good arguments. Often that gets me voted out as a wolf, but I tend to be a colaborator and compromiser. People get suspicious of vote switchers, especially since it usually turns out bad when I switch.

Figure that may help for another game.

All in all, this was deinitely the most intense game I've played. I guess I can say it really did take me a few days to get in the flow. By the end of day 2 I had a chart with everyone's votes, movements, suspicions, etc.

I've only ever done werefolf live before (Gencon Indianapolis). You'll probably see me in other games here. Thanks everyone, for the good time! And thanks to my fellow wolves. What big teeth you have!

thejuggler3 12-17-2010 10:30 PM

One last fun fact: one of the reasons I wanted to get Coffee out is because he inroduced me the game here, and I couldn't help but feel it would be funny if I got him killed for it.

Merry Christmas, CW :D

Autumn 12-17-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2395778)
I had my vote changed to autumn and erased the post. Him wanting go go after me fir ne real reason threw me off for sure. Juggler I wouldn't have gotten. Always hard to nail a first timer as a wolf. Still. Well played by all. Thanks for running it ef.

Juggler will attest that I was expecting you to change your vote right up until the very last second. I never quite know if I've got you snowed. I was glad that DT didn't show up because I thought the two of you might talk yourselves back over to me.

Yeah, I did the whole Lathum thing today to try to throw you guys for a bit of a loop. Danny had us nailed and I wanted to at least sow confusion for tomorrow if I did get voted off. I figured it would look like I was trying to save RA or you and maybe get Juggler of the hook tomorrow.

Really i slipped up last night. I should have had juggler come out today voting me along with Danny. I think that would have worked very well, but I was too busy to really figure out a strategy.

I hate being a wolf against Danny. Sorry, but I will probably just night kill you day one next time.

EagleFan 12-17-2010 10:31 PM

Glad to have you aboard juggler, great to have new faces.

Autumn 12-17-2010 10:32 PM

Oh and kudos on CW for his seer job. I really did not suspect him at all. And scanning both Juggler, and potentially me. Right spot on.

Danny 12-18-2010 12:50 AM

Not surprised at all, I knew Autumn was a wolf and I figured Juggler was the other. I consider this a win for me ;)

Autumn 12-18-2010 12:52 AM

Just like last game was a win for me I guess ;-) Man it is hard to sneak past you.

Danny 12-18-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2395419)
Just to see if my gut is right, my guess is the last two wolves are juggler and Autumn. I wont be voting Juggler today for the reasons I posted, but throwing this out there in case I end up right :)

:D

Danny 12-18-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2395834)
Just like last game was a win for me I guess ;-) Man it is hard to sneak past you.

I'm just glad I had a good game cause I was awful in the last game.

Danny 12-18-2010 12:59 AM

You guys played well, I think you made good choices in your night kills.

Autumn 12-18-2010 01:04 AM

Thanks, Chief and Saldana were good guesses, but we were pretty loss for the seer after that.

Danny 12-18-2010 01:08 AM

I wonder if it was hard for EagleFan to resist making Lathum and Saldana Clause and Ms. Clause.

Chief Rum 12-18-2010 01:11 AM

Good game, wolves. Good thing, you got me out. I had pretty much settled on Autumn as the unscanned wolf and juggler as the scanned wolf (CW to back me up, I PM'd him that, although I admitted I wasn't sure on either of you).

I became even more sure on Autumn while reading his posts today, although juggler didn't post enough for me to firm up my suspicions there. My suspicion of juggler wasn't so much on his play, but on CW's hunch that he was a wolf, and my belief that Danny was not a wolf.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda... good game, wolves!

Danny 12-18-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2395842)
Good game, wolves. Good thing, you got me out. I had pretty much settled on Autumn as the unscanned wolf and juggler as the scanned wolf (CW to back me up, I PM'd him that, although I admitted I wasn't sure on either of you).

I became even more sure on Autumn while reading his posts today, although juggler didn't post enough for me to firm up my suspicions there. My suspicion of juggler wasn't so much on his play, but on CW's hunch that he was a wolf, and my belief that Danny was not a wolf.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda... good game, wolves!

Too bad, we could have teamed up to take them down. Of course, with you I always have a little bit of doubt as you are the toughest player for me to read

Autumn 12-18-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2395841)
I wonder if it was hard for EagleFan to resist making Lathum and Saldana Clause and Ms. Clause.

I said that to the wolves at one point when we were trying to figure out who it was, and I realized it might be them. I didn't think he'd be able to stop himself from laughing.

EagleFan 12-18-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2395841)

Very hard to resist. But went with the random instead. :)

EagleFan 12-18-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2395844)
I said that to the wolves at one point when we were trying to figure out who it was, and I realized it might be them. I didn't think he'd be able to stop himself from laughing.

I thought about giving them role reversals and making Lathum the woman this time.... :)

Lathum 12-18-2010 07:10 AM

I consider this a victory that I wasn't lynched by day 2.

this was really fun, thanks for running it EF. Nice to have a game with active participants again. Maybe after the new year we can get some momentum going.

Raiders Army 12-18-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2395779)
Dola- just s little soap box but I hate it when people post their alligence before the fm can do a write up. Really takes away from the flavor of the game. Not trying to single out ra as others have find it as well b

Noted. Will not do so again. Thanks for the feedback.

Raiders Army 12-18-2010 07:13 AM

Again, I apologize to all for not being there for really the first two days.

saldana 12-18-2010 07:45 AM

great game guys, good job wolves...no idea how you could have had me pegged as rudolph...was that just a guess?

thanks EF, i echo the sentiments of others in the hope that this game can give us a little momentum coming out of the holidays.

Autumn 12-18-2010 07:57 AM

We knew there was something up with you Saldana, but weren't sure exactly what. I don't remember what gave it away, I think it seemed like Chief and some others were avoiding voting for you. I figured worst case scenario you'd been scanned as good.

We were hoping we'd get Mr. & Mrs. Clause in one go, so I was actually disappointed when you turned out to be Rudolph. It was good to get that out of the game though.

MartinD 12-18-2010 08:06 AM

Thanks for running the game EagleFan - was good to be able to play for the first time in a while. I do need to apologise for not being around more, particularly on Thursday - ended up having a very busy week at work, so wasn't able to spend as much time keeping up with the game as I would have liked.

DaddyTorgo 12-18-2010 09:14 AM

Thanks EF!!

Tough game for us villagers - good game wolves.

Wolves on a little run here of late...

PackerFanatic 12-18-2010 10:25 AM

Twas fun, even if only lasted two days :)

thejuggler3 12-18-2010 11:05 AM

Yeah, a lot of you were so, so close. We were walking a tight-rope the last few nights.

Sal, what got me was when you were in trouble with the vote, you switched to Jackal. I thought it was odd because for a defensive vote, you should have either went Martin of Coffee (both of who had more votes). It made us think that something was up. Because the suspicion was on Chief, we thought maybe we'd get both the clauses with you.

thejuggler3 12-18-2010 11:30 AM

I'm looking forward to trying another game. Since I was working from home, it made it easy for me to be on a lot more. If I have to travel, I'll be available less. We'll have to see when the next game comes up.

The Jackal 12-18-2010 11:37 AM

Totally watching Nightmare before Christmas on Disney right now. Until the Flyers game, of course.

Good game everyone, was nice to see this kind of participation again. Stick around juggler!

Lathum 12-19-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejuggler3 (Post 2395903)
I'm looking forward to trying another game. Since I was working from home, it made it easy for me to be on a lot more. If I have to travel, I'll be available less. We'll have to see when the next game comes up.

saldana has a ruleset that he never got to use and is going to post signups for after he gets home on Monday. He isnt planning on starting the game til the monday after new years so that no one is trying to play across the holidays

Coffee Warlord 12-20-2010 06:48 PM

I am now highly tempted to dig up one of my old rulesets I never used, to give Juggler a nice wacko game.

PackerFanatic 12-20-2010 07:34 PM

I was thinking the other day that we need to do another political game - the one that CR ran way back in the day (woah, just looked and it was 2 years ago, crazy!) That or the Dungeon game...or the Marvel game. There have been some really fun ones :) Not sure how you guys come up with them but I definitely enjoy getting involved.

hoopsguy 12-20-2010 10:45 PM

If anyone wants to give the Marvel game a run I'll be happy to supply them either ruleset. Both of them are pretty insane time commitments to run, but I would absolutely love to play in one of those games someday.