Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dynasty Reports (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Wichita West and the GWAL (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=86858)

collegesportsfanms 04-01-2013 03:51 PM

Wichita West and the GWAL

The GWAL has been granted membership to Division I NCAA basketball.
The GWAL will be prestige 5. I decided to try something different, I got an average rating of all the schools that were in prestige 5 conferences, and I have made all GWAL schools start with a team prestige of 76. All head coaches in the GWAL will begin with a coach prestige of 8.

Now obviously that may create havoc for the first season, as conference play could be pretty even. But I expect teams to have a rise or fall in prestige based on w-l record, schedule strength, recruiting results, and assistant coaches. I guarantee not all the GWAL schools will be prestige 76 schools after season 1.

I am taking over Wichita West. For those that need a recap of the GWAL schools, we have:

Bishop Carroll
Wichita East
Wichita Heights
Kapaun Mt. Carmel
Wichita North
Wichita Northwest
Wichita South
Wichita Southeast
Wichita West

I am using the coaches file the korme was nice enough to create for us. The story on the GWAL is they are one of the best high school basketball leagues in my state, and I wanted to make them a prestige 5 NCAA conference and see how they fare. Quite simply, I will be staying at Wichita West (my alma mater) and will not be taking another job at another school unless I am fired from Wichita West.

collegesportsfanms 04-01-2013 04:15 PM

If anybody wants me to keep track of any teams during this report, I will sure do so. I enjoy giving readers the info they want, and I hope to make this a long term dynasty that keeps everybody interested.

collegesportsfanms 04-02-2013 08:33 PM

May 2012

Schaplowsky hired as new Wichita West coach

A new era has begun at Wichita West, as the newest NCAA d1 school has hired 32 year old Mike Schaplowsky as their head coach. The GWAL is the newest conference to be in the NCAA, and Wichita West is a part of it. When asked about the opportunity, coach Schaplowsky said he was elated to be a part of it. As far as career goals, Schaplowsky had this to say, "I played here several years ago, and they are gonna have to fire me to get rid of me. Seriously, I don't plan on leaving this great establishment anytime soon, and if I can coach my whole career here, I will." When asked about his goals, here was Mikes response. "Well obviously I want to win titles. NIT titles, NCAA titles, preseason and midseason tournament titles, it doesn't matter to me, I want titles. I also want Wichita West to get to a prestige of 90 or above. Those are my 2 main goals for the program."

Here is a look at Mikes coach card:

Code:

Mike Schaplowsky - Head Coach - Wichita West
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 High School:    Northeast Magnet High School
 Hometown:        Wichita, KS
 Alma Mater:      Cowley College

Current Level:  8
 Career Record:  0 - 0

Recruiting:      46
 Scouting:        87
 Offense:        45
 Defense:        82

Coaching History:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Season Team                    Position      W  L  CW  CL  Postseason

Awards & Achievements:
 Season  Award
          No awards won.

Job Movement:
 Season  Move
 2012    Hired by Wichita West (Head Coach)

collegesportsfanms 04-02-2013 08:51 PM

June 2012

We weren't invited to a tournament, so we've got 13 non-conference games to schedule. I've sent out offers to the following schools:

Road games: Wichita St., Kent St.
Home games: UCLA, Arkansas-Pine Bluff

I am leaving the other 9 spots open and see what teams come to us. As far as scheduling, I will be scheduling about 3 games with teams of higher prestige than us, about 3 games with teams of prestiges way, way lower than us, a couple games with teams of prestiges that are within 10 of us, and the rest will just be whatever I can get.

July 2012

All our offers were accepted, so we've got 9 games left to fill. We had 5 offers: home games against Kansas, Siena, and Missouri State. I've accepted all those. We were also offered road games at Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. I have decided to pass on the Oklahoma St. game and play Oklahoma.

I have sent 2 offers myself, home games against Georgia State before we start conference play and Bethune-Cookman as our last regular season game.

collegesportsfanms 04-02-2013 09:04 PM

August 2012

Scheduling

Bethune-Cookman and Georgia State accepted our offers for home games, and we've also accepted an offer to play Detroit at home. Now we have 2 road games to fill. We have sent offers to go to Murray St. and Washington to fill our schedule.

Recruiting

We've got 4 scholarships to fill this season, and I am looking for 2 PG's, a SF and either a PF or a C. PF preferred, but will take the best player we can get for the post. I am thinking big and going after guys I probably won't get, but I threw a few 3 star guys in there that had high interest in us. Here's the initial 17 on our watch list that I am evaluating:

Code:

Name                Pos    Ht  Wt  Rating  Interest        State
 Joshua Geiger        SF  6-4  217    ***  Very High        Kansas
 Leon Morelock        SF  6-5  233    ***  Very High        Kansas
 Gilbert Morales      PG  5-11  169    ***      High  South Dakota
 Larry Valladares      SF  6-4  214    ***      High      Illinois
 Richard Casiano      SF  6-4  201    ***      High      Colorado
 Edward Hutchison      SF  6-4  208    ***      High      Virginia
 Sonny Quevedo        PF  6-8  236    ***      High    Minnesota
 Alonzo Ponce          PG  5-10  170  *****    Average      Illinois
 Luigi Dean            PG  6-1  184  *****    Average      Indiana
 Stephen Clinton      PG  6-1  171    ****    Average      Oklahoma
 Delbert Bellinger    PG  6-1  183    ****    Average    Louisiana
 Julius Douglas        PG  6-4  184    ****    Average        Nevada
 John Collins          PG  6-1  196    ****    Average    Tennessee
 Gordon Talbert        PG  6-3  192    ****    Average      Virginia
 John Swann            PF  6-6  247    ****    Average      Kentucky
 Pascual Ramirez      PF  6-9  243    ****    Average        Texas
 Mark Reichert          C  6-8  222    ****        Low        Canada

collegesportsfanms 04-02-2013 09:14 PM

September 2012

Scheduling

Murray State and Washington have accepted our proposals, so our schedule is complete. More on that later.

Recruiting

I have offered scholarships to 3 star recruits PG Gilbert Morales and SF Leon Morelock. Both have very high interest in us and are expected to sign before the month is over.

collegesportsfanms 04-02-2013 09:25 PM

October 2012

Gilbert Morales didn't sign but still has us #1 on his list, but Leon Morelock is now just average interest in us and has us #3 on his list behind rival Wichita North and Kapaun Mt. Carmel. Looks like he is staying in the GWAL no matter what. A bright note, as nobody is looking at C Mark Reichert. We are the only school on his list right now, and I've offered him a scholarship and a campus visit.

November 2012

Still no signings! Dangit, I hate it when people don't sign when I think I've got them. Kansas, Duke, Florida, and Washington are now showing interest in Reichert, but we are still holding firm as his #1 school right now. No change in Leon Morelock, as its between us, Kapaun, and Wichita North. Also no change in Gilbert Morales. We are the only school he's considering right now, and I've heard rumors that he will commit to us by the end of the year 2012.

collegesportsfanms 04-02-2013 09:32 PM

Well don't ask me how but apparently I got confused on my dates. It is now November 2012 in my game. I'm not sure how I goofed, but my mistake.

Gilbert Morales (#278) signed with us, but Leon Morelock signed with Kapaun Mt. Carmel. As far as others on our call list, Mark Reichert still has us #1 on his list. I've extended an offer to 5 star PG Luigi Dean, who has Dayton, Duke, and Louisville ahead of us. I'm expecting him to decline it, but I'm hoping for the best. I also extended an offer to Julius Douglas, who has not received any offers yet.

collegesportsfanms 04-02-2013 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Let's take a look at the roster for the 2012-2013 season:

collegesportsfanms 04-02-2013 09:43 PM

And now the schedule: take note of how many non-conference games are sandwiched in-between conference games. I may have made a mistake by scheduling this way, but I wanted my guys to play at least twice a week. I wasn't happy with some of those 5 or 6 day breaks inbetween conference games.

Code:

Date        Opponent                Record  RPI  Result  Score  Record
  11/19/12    #17 UCLA                  0-0  285                     
  11/23/12    Arkansas-Pine Bluff        0-0  15                     
  11/27/12    at Wichita State          0-0  314                     
  12/01/12    at Kent State              0-0  129                     
  12/03/12    Missouri State            0-0  248                     
  12/07/12    #22 Kansas                0-0  127                     
  12/09/12    at Washington              0-0  306                     
  12/12/12    Siena                      0-0  235                     
  12/14/12    at Oklahoma                0-0  198                     
  12/17/12    Georgia State              0-0  98                     
  12/20/12    at Wichita North          0-0  348                     
  12/22/12    Wichita Heights            0-0  346                     
  12/25/12    Detroit                    0-0  69                     
  12/29/12    at Wichita South          0-0  350                     
  01/01/13    Kapaun Mt. Carmel          0-0  347                     
  01/05/13    at Wichita Northwest      0-0  349                     
  01/10/13    Wichita East              0-0  345                     
  01/12/13    Wichita Southeast          0-0  351                     
  01/15/13    at Bishop Carroll          0-0  344                     
  01/19/13    Wichita North              0-0  348                     
  01/24/13    at Wichita Heights        0-0  346                     
  01/28/13    at Murray State            0-0  173                     
  01/31/13    Wichita South              0-0  350                     
  02/02/13    at Kapaun Mt. Carmel      0-0  347                     
  02/07/13    Wichita Northwest          0-0  349                     
  02/09/13    at Wichita East            0-0  345                     
  02/14/13    at Wichita Southeast      0-0  351                     
  02/16/13    Bishop Carroll            0-0  344                     
  02/20/13    Bethune-Cookman            0-0  22                     

collegesportsfanms 04-04-2013 09:52 PM

Nov. 2012 Games

We only have 9 available players as we've got 3 on academic suspension and a couple other redshirting, so games through January are going to be tough. Everybody will have a chance to play most likely.

11/19 - lost to #17 UCLA 78-53 (0-1) -- Obviously we aren't ready for the big time yet, as the Bruins dominated us from start to finish. Jimmie Thorton led us with 11 points and 9 boards. We committed 22 turnovers in the loss.

11/23- beat Arkansas-Pine Bluff 83-50 (1-1) -- I get my first win as head coach here at Wichita West, hopefully the first of many. Joseph Crone was POTG with 28 points and 9 assists, big game for him. David Santiago also had 20 points.

11/27- lost to Wichita State 102-91 (2-1) -- If you like defense, this definitely wasn't the game for you. Most people would think with a score like that, the game had to go into OT, but it didn't. Just 40 minutes of basketball. We shot 53.6% from the field, the Shockers shot 56.9%. Joseph Crone had another big game with 24 points, 10 assists. Richard Slaughter had 17 points, 10 assists. Too bad we decided not to play D this game.

collegesportsfanms 04-08-2013 10:21 PM

Dec. 2012 Recruiting

Mark Reichert (#88) signed with us, and I've picked up my first 4 star recruit. As expected, Luigi Dean shunned us and went with Dayton. However, Julius Douglas, another 4 star recruit, now has very high interest in us and has us #1 on his list. We are going all out for him.

Dec. 2012 Games

12/1 - beat Kent St. 90-63 (2-2) -- A big win against what was expected to be a contender in the MAC. Richard Slaughter led us with 27 points and David Santiago added 19. We shot almost 60% from the field and held them to 39%.

12/3- lost to Missouri St. 93-83 (2-3) -- Just can't seem to put a winning streak together, but at least we are playing quality opponents. Had 4 guys in double figures, but letting them shoot 60% from the field killed us.

12/7- lost to #23 Kansas 101-88 (2-4) -- It's gonna be a long season if we don't learn how to play some defense. 55.2% shooting for the Jayhawks along with being outrebounded 45-30 makes for a tough way to win. A nice game off the bench for Eldon Gordy who ended up with 17 points.

12/9- beat Washington 76-69 (3-4) -- A much better performance tonight, as we locked down defensively, forced 18 turnovers, and never let the Huskies get into a rhythm. Jimmie Thorton was a beast on the boards, collecting 16 and put in 14 points to go with it.

12/12- lost to Siena 61-28 (3-5) -- The only way to explain this game is we came in overconfident and got our butts whipped. It was 15-1 before we knew what was going on. We got it to 22-15 at halftime. Then we just imploded, being outscored 39-13 in the second half. Just a terrible game.

12/14- lost to Oklahoma 86-78 (3-6) -- We had no answer for their SG who lit us up for 37 points. Take away even half his points and we win the game, but once again we fail defensively. 2 games in a row where we missed our chance. Could be a long season.

12/17- beat Georgia St. 71-37 (4-6) -- We needed this win in the worst way. We forced 19 turnovers while committing just 7, and held them to 30.2% shooting. Joseph Weeks had 11 points and 15 boards to lead us.

12/20- lost to Wichita North 77-50 (4-7, 0-1) -- Our conference debut didn't go as planned, as we trailed by 21 at halftime and were completely befuddled. This time we were outrebounded 45-30. Our leading scorer was Richard Slaughter with a measly 11 points.

12/22- beat Wichita Heights 73-51 (5-7, 1-1) -- I certainly like it a lot better when we play good offensively and defensively. The difference tonight was (as it usually is) field goal shooting. We shot 51% and held them to 34.5%. Our leading scorer tonight was Lenard Murphey with 16.

12/25- beat Detroit 83-66 (6-7) -- A brilliant Christmas present tonight as we went OOC to host Detroit and came away with a nice 17 point win. Richard Slaughter had a balanced game with 24 points, 6 boards, and 5 assists.

12/29 beat Wichita South 60-50 (7-7, 2-1) -- Wow how about that? A 3 game winning streak. South is probably the worst team overall in the GWAL this season, so beating them isn't a huge accomplishment, but I'm just glad we didn't overlook them like we did Siena.

collegesportsfanms 04-11-2013 09:26 PM

Jan. 2013 Recruiting

I really thought we had Julius Douglas locked up, but at the last second he got an offer from Gonzaga and took it. Now we have 2 scholarships and are back to square one. We've send offers to PG Jamey Bigelow and SG Piero Cuneo.

Jan. 2013 Games

1/1- beat Kapaun Mt. Carmel 68-64 (8-7, 3-1) -- This was a hard fought victory as we had to come from behind, trailing by 7 with 3:30 to go. Jimmie Thorton had a double double with 10 points, 13 boards.

1/5- lost to Wichita Northwest 75-63 (8-8, 3-2) -- 22 turnovers did us in tonight, and 18 of those were steals. Just careless passing, but credit their on ball defense, as they were sharp. Joseph Crone had 19 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists to lead us.

1/10- lost to Wichita East 88-77 (8-9, 3-3) -- Another 20+ turnover game. We ended up with 20 even this game. Gotta start taking care of the ball better and stop telegraphing passes. Richard Slaughter led us with 16 points, 5 boards, and 5 dimes.

- We will be switching things up this game, as the 1-3-1 zone just isn't working. We'll switch between straight man to man and 2-3 zone. Also, I've implored the guys in practice to slow the pace down. Teams get so many steals on us because we pass the ball so quickly that we don't look to see where the defense is. We'll see how next game goes.

1/12- lost to Wichita Southeast 96-72 (8-10, 3-4) -- The losing streak is 3 games. Let's face it, we are not a good defensive team. Southeast shot almost 60% on us. At least we only committed 14 turnovers, that is a slight improvement. David Santiago was our leading scorer with 19 points and 6 boards.

1/15- lost to Bishop Carroll 92-84 (8-11, 3-5) -- Halfway through the conference season and we are a struggling team. BC shot 58.9%, the second straight team to shoot that percentage against us. Going back to the 2-3 zone, it can't do any worse. David Santiago had 22 points and Richard Slaughter had 20.

1/19- lost to Wichita North 74-67 (8-12, 3-6) -- I'm just glad we held a team under 80 points again, but we just can't seem to put a full 40 minutes together. Shooting let us down tonight, as we hit just 33.3% of our shots. Joseph Crone had 20 points and 6 assists for us.

1/24- beat Wichita Heights 83-74 (9-12, 4-6) -- Hallelujah the streak is over! We forced 24 turnovers tonight, doing to them what teams have been doing to us all season. Hopefully this will spark something and turn our season around. 15 points, 5 boards, and 5 dimes for Joseph Crone while Richard Slaughter led us in scoring with 17.

1/28- beat Murray State 90-72 (10-12) -- A good non-conference win as we dominated from start to finish. Richard Slaughter could not be stopped. He was 12-16 from the field including 3-4 from 3p land and finished with 32 points.

1/31- beat Wichita South 81-69 (11-12, 5-6) -- This game was a lot tougher than it should have been, as it was tied at halftime. We found a new potential star tonight in Raul Luis. He had been complaining about playing time so I decided to start him at center tonight and he responded with 19 points and 10 rebounds. I forsee him being in the starting lineup from now on.

January Wrap-Up

Well, I'm happy that we finished the month on a 3 game win streak, but that losing streak in the middle of the month really hurt us. We are 5th in the GWAL right now, but the top 4 teams all have 8 wins, so winning the GWAL may be out of the question. The goal right now is just to make the postseason.

collegesportsfanms 04-15-2013 11:44 AM

Feb. 2013 Recruiting

Jamey Bigelow has as number 1 on his list but has not committed. He has very high interest.

We are not in Piero Cueno's top 5 yet, and he only has average interest.

Feb. 2013 Games

2/2- Beat Kapaun Mt. Carmel 73-70 (12-12, 6-6) -- Huge win to get us back to .500. No team led by more than 8 in this back and forth game, and there were 14 lead changes and 6 ties. We made 10 more free throws than they did, which is why we were able to scrape out the win. Another big game from Raul Luis with 18 points and 11 boards.

2/7- lost to Wichita Northwest 60-56 (12-13, 6-7) -- Another really close game that we fell just short on. This is a tough month as we are playing the best of the best in the GWAL. Our 30% shooting was the difference. We hit just a couple more shots and we win. Raul Luis was our leading scorer with 13 points and has really been a leader since getting inserted into the starting lineup.

2/9- lost to Wichita East 73-68 (12-14, 6-8) -- Simply put, the first half doomed us. We got off to a very slow start, trailing by 19 at halftime. Our comeback effort just fell a little short. I'm proud that we only committed 10 turnovers this game though, that is an improvement, and our defense is slowly getting better. Joseph Crone led us with 14 points, 7 assists.

2/14- lost to Wichita Southeast 91-75 (12-15, 6-9) -- Southeast is a good team, a really good team. We just can't stop them defensively. What's even more frustrating is that we put up 50 points in the first half and led by 7. Then the second half came and we were outscored 48-25. Frustration! David Santiago was our leading scorer with 18.

2/16- beat Bishop Carroll 85-73 (13-15, 7-9) -- We finish GWAL play on a good note, beating one of the top teams. Offensively we couldn't miss, shooting 54.5% from the field and 50% from three point land. David Santiago scored 21 to lead us.

2/20- beat Bethune-Cookman 94-50 (14-15) -- This was nothing more than a feel-good game heading into the GWAL tournament. We led by 25 at the half and never looked back, shooting 56.7% from the field and only turning the ball over 8 times. Granted, this win does nothing for us other than give us a confidence boost.

February Regular Season Wrap-up

We had a great chance to finish in the top half of the GWAL, but a couple near misses and a couple bad halves are the difference between us being an 18 win team and a 14 win team. Pretty simple, we are going to have to win the GWAL tournament to make it to the NCAA tournament. I guess there's a chance we could slide into a lesser tournament, even with a quarterfinal loss, but I highly doubt it. I think we gotta win our first tournament game to even have a chance to sniff postseason.

collegesportsfanms 04-15-2013 05:05 PM

2013 GWAL Tournament

I am definitely going to have to edit the conference to move the tournament back a couple of weeks, as our tournament runs a good 2 weeks before anybody elses. Oops. As it stands, lets look at the final GWAL standings for the 2012-2013 season.

Code:

TEAM                                  CW  CL  Pct  W  L  Pct  RPI  Prestige
 Wichita East Blue Aces                12  4  .750  18  11  .621  73        76
 Bishop Carroll Eagles                11  5  .688  22  7  .759  74        76
 Wichita Northwest Grizzlies          11  5  .688  23  7  .767  57        76
 Wichita Southeast Golden Buffaloes    11  5  .688  22  6  .786  47        76
 Wichita Heights Falcons                8  8  .500  15  13  .536  144        76
 Wichita North Redskins                7  9  .438  15  11  .577  90        76
 Wichita West Pioneers                  7  9  .438  14  15  .483  95        76
 Kapaun Mt. Carmel Crusaders            3  13  .188  12  16  .429  237        76
 Wichita South Titans                  2  14  .125  7  19  .269  205        76

First Round

(9) Wichita South beats (8) Kapaun 72-43. Didn't expect that result.

Quarterfinals

2/22/13 - beat (2) Bishop Carroll 79-60 (15-15) -- We might have played our best game of the season tonight, committing just 7 turnovers and forcing 23.
Joseph Crone scored 23 points and 7 assists as we move into the semifinals.

(1) Wichita East beats (9) Wichita South 66-39
(4) Wichita Southeast over (5) Wichita Heights 83-46
(3) Wichita Northwest over (6) Wichita North 60-52

Semifinals

2/23/13 - lost to Wichita Northwest 76-61 (15-16) -- Just not enough steam to compete in this one. We actually led by 8 early in the game but couldn't hold the lead, and finish our season with a whimper. David Santiago finishes his Wichita West career with 14 points.

Wichita East over Wichita Southeast 72-65.

Championship

Wichita Northwest beats Wichita East 61-57 to win the GWAL title

collegesportsfanms 04-15-2013 05:39 PM

March 2013 Recruiting

Jamey Bigelow signed with us, but Piero Cueno signed with BC. Still got one more schollie to fill.

GWAL in Postseason

NCAA

Wichita Southeast (10th seed West), Bishop Carroll (12th Midwest), Wichita Northwest (10th seed East)

NIT

Wichita East (5th seed Midwest)

CBI

Wichita North (12th seed)

collegesportsfanms 04-16-2013 09:42 PM

2013 Postseason Wrap-Up

GWAL Results

Bishop Carroll lost their first game in the NCAA tournament to Minnesota 81-80.

Wichita Northwest also lost their first game in the NCAA tournament, 81-57 to Memphis.

Wichita Southeast made it 0 and 3 for the GWAL in the NCAA tournament, losing their first game to Tennessee 70-47.

Wichita East won their first round NIT game against Miami 59-41, then lost in the second round to St. Louis 72-69.

Wichita North won their first round CBI game, beating Missouri St. 78-55, then lost in the second round to Milwaukee 70-60.

Not a good performance overall this season for the GWAL who came into NCAA division 1 with a conference prestige of 5. That could change.

NCAA Championship

(1) Duke beat (1) Kansas 80-69

NIT Championship

(1) Clemson beat (1) St. Louis 89-79

CBI Championship

(1) Arizona St. beat (2) Michigan 2 games to 1. Game 1: Michigan 62-50, Game 2: Arizona St. 53-46, Game 3: Arizona St. 62-55

CIT Championship

(9) Iona beat (14) Santa Clara 68-57

collegesportsfanms 04-16-2013 09:59 PM

2012-2013 Summary

Final Stats

Code:

Player              Pos  GP  GS  Min  Pts  Orb  Reb  Ast  Stl  Blk  To  Fls  +/-
 Joseph Crone          PG  31  31  31.1  14.1  0.7  3.2  6.5  1.8  0.3  2.2  2.6  2.0
 David Santiago        SF  31  31  28.9  13.3  1.3  5.0  2.5  1.4  0.2  1.7  3.2  2.0
 Raul Luis              C  17  17  27.8  9.2  2.1  7.1  1.1  0.6  0.8  1.6  2.9  0.2
 Richard Slaughter    SG  31  31  27.5  13.3  1.2  3.5  2.2  1.0  0.5  2.5  2.5  -0.3
 Jimmie Thorton        PF  31  31  25.0  7.3  2.5  8.5  1.6  0.6  0.3  1.4  2.7  2.2
 Lenard Murphey        SF  31  0  20.4  7.0  0.7  2.1  2.2  0.9  0.2  1.3  2.1  0.7
 Joseph Weeks          C  31  14  15.4  2.7  1.5  4.7  0.6  0.3  0.3  0.8  1.5  1.2
 Eldon Gordy          SG  31  0  15.2  5.9  0.6  1.4  1.3  0.4  0.0  1.5  1.5  -0.8
 Dudley Cope          PF  31  0  12.3  2.7  1.0  3.3  0.2  0.2  0.3  0.5  1.2  0.5
 Gaylord Wallace      SF  12  0  9.1  3.8  0.3  1.4  0.8  0.3  0.0  0.5  0.7  2.6
 Jeffrey Bowyer        SG  30  0  5.1  0.7  0.2  0.5  1.0  0.3  0.1  0.8  0.4  -0.4
 Ethan Knudsen          C  0  0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0
 Berry Hughes          C  0  0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0
 Jerrell Murguia      SF  0  0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0
 Richard Tejeda        SF  0  0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0

Season Awards

PG Joseph Crone was GWAL player of the year.
PG Joseph Crone and SF David Santiago were all-GWAL First Team

Graduating Class

PG Joseph Crone (starter)
SF David Santiago (starter)
PF Jimmie Thorton (starter)
SF Gaylord Wallace

Comments: We are losing almost 40 points a game from this years team, along with about 13 rebounds a game. Crone and Santiago are going to be tough to replace.

Final Recruiting Class

C Mark Reichert (****, #88)
PG Gilbert Morales (***, #278)
PG Jamey Bigelow (***, #344)

We ended up, surprisingly, with the 53rd best recruiting class in the nation. Only Wichita Heights had a better recruiting class than us in the GWAL. This bodes well for next year, as Reichert should be able to contribute immediately.

collegesportsfanms 04-16-2013 10:04 PM

Everybody started with a prestige of 76 in the GWAL, lets take a look and see how things opened up after 1 season.

Code:

TEAM                                  Prestige
-----------------------------------------------
 Wichita Southeast Golden Buffaloes    80 (+4)
 Wichita Northwest Grizzlies          78 (+2)
 Wichita East Blue Aces                78 (+2)
 Wichita West Pioneers                74 (-2)
 Bishop Carroll Eagles                77 (+1)
 Wichita North Redskins                73 (-3)
 Wichita Heights Falcons              75 (-1)
 Wichita South Titans                  71 (-5)
 Kapaun Mt. Carmel Crusaders          72 (-4)

collegesportsfanms 04-16-2013 10:08 PM

Here's a look at all the coach moves from the 2012-2013 season:

Code:

Team                        Coach              Action                         
 Arkansas-Pine Bluff        David Bennett      Hired from Kansas               
 Austin Peay                Tommy Amaker        Hired from Harvard             
 Binghamton                  Toby Farley        Hired from Mount St. Mary's     
 Butler                      Ray Harper          Hired from Western Kentucky     
 California                  Mike Montgomery    Retired                         
 California                  Greg McDermott      Hired from Creighton           
 Central Connecticut State  Howie Dickenman    Retired                         
 Central Connecticut State  Tim King            Hired from Duke                 
 Chattanooga                Josh Crawford      Hired from South Carolina State 
 Creighton                  Daniel Feeney      Hired from Old Dominion         
 Davidson                    Matthew Guthrie    Hired from Winthrop             
 Delaware State              Marcellus Brown    Hired from Connecticut         
 Duke                        Mike Krzyzewski    Retired                         
 Duke                        John Thompson III  Hired from Georgetown           
 East Tennessee State        Carl Kelley        Hired from Tennessee Tech       
 Eastern Illinois            Gregg Barnes        Hired from North Carolina State 
 Florida State              Leonard Hamilton    Retired                         
 Florida State              Jerod Haase        Hired from UAB                 
 Georgetown                  Mark Gottfried      Hired from North Carolina State 
 Gonzaga                    Wayne Tinkle        Hired from Montana             
 Harvard                    Todd Bozeman        Hired from Morgan State         
 Holy Cross                  King Rice          Hired from Monmouth             
 IUPUI                      Bob Williams        Hired from UC Santa Barbara     
 Kent State                  James Shafer        Hired from UL-Lafayette         
 Lipscomb                    Stanford Matos      Hired from Kentucky             
 Loyola Marymount            Max Good            Retired                         
 Loyola Marymount            Tommy Dempsey      Hired from Binghamton           
 Miami-Ohio                  Ronald Kimber      Hired from IUPUI               
 Michigan                    John Beilein        Retired                         
 Michigan                    Bryce Drew          Hired from Valparaiso           
 Monmouth                    Emmanuel Miller    Hired from Notre Dame           
 Montana                    Scott Sanderson    Hired from Lipscomb             
 Morgan State                Jewel Graham        Hired from South Carolina       
 Mount St. Mary's            Horace Maxwell      Hired from Pittsburgh           
 North Carolina State        Chris Mack          Hired from Xavier               
 Notre Dame                  Mike Brey          Retired                         
 Notre Dame                  Brad Stevens        Hired from Butler               
 Old Dominion                Jerome Allen        Hired from Pennsylvania         
 Pennsylvania                Milan Brown        Hired from Holy Cross           

Team                        Coach              Action                         
 Richmond                    Rob Senderoff      Hired from Kent State           
 Rider                      Murray Bartow      Hired from East Tennessee State 
 Sacred Heart                Dave Bike          Retired                         
 Sacred Heart                Marcos Appel        Hired from Maryland             
 Sam Houston State          James Chapin        Hired from Arkansas-Pine Bluff 
 Siena                      Joe McKibben        Hired from Rider               
 South Carolina State        Steve Lappas        Hired from Youngstown State     
 Southern Methodist          Larry Brown        Retired                         
 Southern Methodist          Jason Hooten        Hired from Sam Houston State   
 Tennessee Tech              Jay Spoonhour      Hired from Eastern Illinois     
 UAB                        Hans Rayford        Hired from Miami-Ohio           
 UC Santa Barbara            Donte Corrales      Hired from Arizona             
 UL-Lafayette                Albert Theobald    Hired from Chattanooga         
 Utah State                  Stew Morrill        Retired                         
 Utah State                  Mark Few            Hired from Gonzaga             
 Valparaiso                  Chris Mount        Hired from Siena               
 Western Kentucky            Dave Loos          Hired from Austin Peay         
 Winthrop                    Greg Jackson        Hired from Delaware State       
 Xavier                      Chris Mooney        Hired from Richmond             
 Youngstown State            Jerry Slocum        Retired                         
 Youngstown State            Bob McKillop        Hired from Davidson