Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bug or Something I'm Doing Wrong (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=96934)

james17 08-27-2020 04:37 PM

Bug or Something I'm Doing Wrong

This has happened to me twice now at the end of a season in which I play out the FOF Bowl game. At the end of the game, when exiting the week on the play it out page, the program bombs out to desktop before a save can be made.

Does this happen to anyone else? If so, is there a work around or an answer?
Thanks in advance!

james17 08-29-2020 04:48 PM

Am I the only one this has ever happened to? I play out all my games and except for the FOF championship game they always finish fine.

triplykely 08-29-2020 06:38 PM

Never had that issue but have had random crashes. The only thing that seems connected during my crashes is that I click to fast moving around the UI. I just save regularly and it doesn’t cause me issues. The end of year is a data dump point if I’m not mistaken and the game is doing more processing that normal. Not sure if you’re trying to save or do something else right away but maybe that’s the issue. Wish I could help, have you tried without calling plays in the championship? Obviously you’re calling them because you enjoy it but I’ve only won the championship when swimming so I haven’t been in that exact situation before.

james17 08-30-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplykely (Post 3298609)
Never had that issue but have had random crashes. The only thing that seems connected during my crashes is that I click to fast moving around the UI. I just save regularly and it doesn’t cause me issues. The end of year is a data dump point if I’m not mistaken and the game is doing more processing that normal. Not sure if you’re trying to save or do something else right away but maybe that’s the issue. Wish I could help, have you tried without calling plays in the championship? Obviously you’re calling them because you enjoy it but I’ve only won the championship when swimming so I haven’t been in that exact situation before.

Well, after the crash at the very end of the game when it should be moving to the next week, I do sim the game until I get a win/loss achieved by play-calling. When simming, the game ends fine and the time advances to the 'End Season' stage OK. It only crashes when play-calling the championship game.

Thanks for your input. Guess it's a bug. I'll have to post it over in the bug forum unless somebody else has anything to add.

Just had an idea. Maybe next time I'm in the same situation, I'll just sim out the last play of the game and see if it crashes then.

tzach 08-31-2020 06:29 AM

i tested and it also crashes for me. it looks like we will have to file a solecismic bug report

james17 08-31-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzach (Post 3298775)
i tested and it also crashes for me. it looks like we will have to file a solecismic bug report

Hey thanks!!! At least I know it's not just me. :)

I just posted a bug report too.

MIJB#19 09-02-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james17 (Post 3298717)
Thanks for your input. Guess it's a bug. I'll have to post it over in the bug forum unless somebody else has anything to add.

There is a bug forum?

I'd strongly recommend sending an e-mail to support, mentioned on the Solecismic website in the support FAQ section, next to last paragraph (File Not Found.

james17 09-02-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIJB#19 (Post 3299227)
There is a bug forum?

I'd strongly recommend sending an e-mail to support, mentioned on the Solecismic website in the support FAQ section, next to last paragraph (File Not Found.

My mistake about the forum. I did go to Solecismic and filed a bug report which has been received.