Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Icy's logo sets for FOF2007 (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=53712)

Icy 10-27-2006 06:19 AM

Icy's logo sets for FOF2007

I have decided to start a new thread as I'm going to work on a few different logo sets and this way i can update this first post with my new logos as i work on them. Of course I admit sugestions.

INSTRUCTIONS:
To use them just download them and extract them using winzip or winrar into the folder where you have the original logos installed that by default should be: C:\Program Files\Solecismic Software\Front Office Football 2007\Pictures
When asked about overwriting the original ones answer YES. If you want to keep the original logos i recomend you creating a copy of the whole Pictures folder.

If you find any error like city names misspelling or any logo not appearing please let me know.

You can host or redistribute this logo sets but please credit me as author, it has been a good amount of work to have them ready for the release day.

Here are previews of the first logo sets:

SET 1 (basic) CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IT

SET 1 (stadiums) CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IT

SET 1 (shirts) CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD IT

INTERFACE GRAPHICS MODS

Here is how my game looks now, I have edited the following:

- Positions tags
- The current/future tags
- The exerience years tags.

Maybe not so pretty but the font is easier in the eyes at least for me:

- I have also added now my moddifed experience icons in the player card view to show the position plus the experience level. Here is one sample going from 1 to 100 in steps of 10, there other two variations using letters from A to J or numbers from 1 to 10. The three versions are at the end of this thread.

Top of the image is how it looks in the original, bottom is my modded one:

You can download the bitmaps and patch the exe yourself with reshacker:

Resource 300: Current and potentials

Resource 302: Positions icons

Resource 302: Positions icons version 2

Resource 323: Experience years

Resource 330: Experience % icons in player card

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THIS VERSION:
As there are only 10 different icon colors, i used steps of 10% but for example a player with experience displayed as 50, will have any number between 41 and 50, a player with experience displayed as 100, will have any number between 91 and 100% etc. Those are my asumptions, but it could be also that not all the steps are equal, so this is just a guide, not exact experience numbers as the colors ranges are not exact either and we don't know for sure which range represents each color. Use those experience numbers as guide only.

Resource 300: Experience % icons with letters that are more abstract than numbers, J is the lowest value and A is the higher.

Resource 300 Experience % icons with numbers that represent just the 10 levels of experience, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.

GAME BACKGROUNDS:

I just remember i did this as a joke, but it's already useful when i'm playing with the notebook while watching TV without my wife telling me that i'm playing the whole day. I took an excel file screenshoot and used it as game background.

Does it look like a game? :D

The game background is the resource 328 in reshacker, you can use this as the excel background:

http://www.prodeportes.com/fof2k7/bi.../1033excel.bmp

If instead, you want a full black background, use this:

http://www.prodeportes.com/fof2k7/bi.../1033black.bmp

The black one is what i use as the default office one distracts me fom the game, i prefer all black background.

Peregrine 10-27-2006 06:22 AM

Wow that second set is a bit freaky for my early morning FOF playing, the first one is great though.

wade moore 10-27-2006 06:24 AM

I like them both! Definately a lot of potential for logo sets here... Probably a little more desire for pre-defined "fake" worlds with full logo sets than before too.

Ben E Lou 10-27-2006 06:28 AM

It took me a while to figure out what was so different and how Jim managed so much more space in this version....then I figured out that the player cards are significantly larger. Duh.

wade moore 10-27-2006 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyDog (Post 1285334)
It took me a while to figure out what was so different and how Jim managed so much more space in this version....then I figured out that the player cards are significantly larger. Duh.

A thing about them being so large...

If you look at Icy's samples in the other thread, I think there's a lot of potential for someone like Icy to make a template and a league like IHOF, CFL, and some others that have a fair amount of info in Madden could really improve their player cards.

In act, I wonder if there's any feasibility for automating splicing team logo + picture together? If nothing else I know that ct has used Uhh.. Paint Shop Pro I think it is.. to make like a macro where it automatically puts the images in the right spot when you copy and paste...

Icy 10-27-2006 06:37 AM

Added set 3 preview.

gottimd 10-27-2006 06:41 AM

Nice work! I'll be using these when I fire up 2007.

Quote:

If you look at Icy's samples in the other thread, I think there's a lot of potential for someone like Icy to make a template and a league like IHOF, CFL, and some others that have a fair amount of info in Madden could really improve their player cards.

In act, I wonder if there's any feasibility for automating splicing team logo + picture together? If nothing else I know that ct has used Uhh.. Paint Shop Pro I think it is.. to make like a macro where it automatically puts the images in the right spot when you copy and paste...

Now that would be a great utility.

Ben E Lou 10-27-2006 06:48 AM

Icy, these look great!

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=53713

wade moore 10-27-2006 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottimd (Post 1285341)
Now that would be a great utility.

Keep in mind, I have NO idea how realistic such a utility is.. I'm just throwing it out there in hopes that someone feels it is realistic and takes it on ;).

Bee 10-27-2006 07:21 AM

Great job as usual Icy. Looking forward to your logo set release. I especially like the third set.

JeeberD 10-27-2006 07:22 AM

Great work as always, Icy!

cougarfreak 10-27-2006 08:12 AM

Great work!

MizzouRah 10-27-2006 10:42 AM

Very nice Icy!!

You can NEVER have too many logo sets. ;)

Gallifrey 10-27-2006 11:50 AM

Great job! I like the basic the best. Thanks for the work!

Emiliano 10-27-2006 12:17 PM

Great job as usual man!

Raiders Army 10-27-2006 12:42 PM

Very nice! They look great!

Icy 10-27-2006 12:53 PM

Thanks for the nice words guys, it really encourages me to keep working on this.

Sets 1 and 3 are finished, now I just need the full game to know how to rename them and then will be published.

Added new SET 4 previews to the top of the thread.

BigDPW 10-27-2006 04:26 PM

I really like the stadium ones...

SunDevil 10-27-2006 04:33 PM

Great Job Icy. Do you have plans to make/edit any of the screens in the game?

sabotai 10-27-2006 04:52 PM

Set 3 or Set 4....set 3 or set 4.....damn, I can't decide!!

Ben E Lou 10-27-2006 04:55 PM

Wow. These look VERY impressive.

One suggestion, due to franchise city moves:

a set that doesn't have the city names.

Icy 10-27-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDevil (Post 1286029)
Great Job Icy. Do you have plans to make/edit any of the screens in the game?

I have been taking a look with reshacker at what can be edited. I could try to edit the positions, numbers and ratings as i don't like the new ones a lot, the position tags for example are a bit hard to read and the numbers for the ratings are a bit weird looking too (of course in my opinion). Will give it a shoot once i end with the logos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyDog
One suggestion, due to franchise city moves:
a set that doesn't have the city names.

Good idea, will work on one with nicknames only and not with the city name. Also if somebody has ideas for nicknames and logos for a fully fictional universe, i could give it a shoot.

gstelmack 10-27-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 1286070)
Also if somebody has ideas for nicknames and logos for a fully fictional universe, i could give it a shoot.

You could go with the default fictional nicknames that ship with the game...

kid_dynamite 10-27-2006 05:41 PM

you could go with omerta mafia names and see if teams Provenzano could beat Calabrian in an FOF showdown...i suppose only a few will know what i'm talking about :)

Emiliano 10-27-2006 05:50 PM

I love set 4 man. Very very nice!

Pyser 10-27-2006 06:26 PM

i wouldnt mind a set that was just a giant logo (say the giants "ny") and nothing else...if we can make requests :)

Icy 10-27-2006 07:01 PM

Ok, i have been playing with reshacker and photoshop, as first test i replaced the font on the positions button as the original font is not clear enought for me. Here are my changes, above is original, bellow is mine:

What do you guys think? I could also change the buttons colours but i don't think they are that bad.

Icy 10-27-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyser (Post 1286137)
i wouldnt mind a set that was just a giant logo (say the giants "ny") and nothing else...if we can make requests :)

Mizzourah has done some already that way that are good:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=53709

Deattribution 10-27-2006 07:11 PM

Great work on these, should add alot to the overall feel of the player cards.

Pyser 10-27-2006 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 1286187)
Mizzourah has done some already that way that are good:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=53709

missed that, sorry!

Ajaxab 10-27-2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 1286186)
Ok, i have been playing with reshacker and photoshop, as first test i replaced the font on the positions button as the original font is not clear enought for me. Here are my changes, above is original, bellow is mine:

What do you guys think? I could also change the buttons colours but i don't think they are that bad.

I know I like your alterations. Looks good to me.

SunDevil 10-27-2006 08:23 PM

I like the changes as well.

BigDPW 10-27-2006 09:58 PM

Any idea when these and MIZ's will get hosted somewhere for us all to download...

Capital 10-27-2006 10:00 PM

Icy...as always...your work is top notch...

Icy 10-28-2006 04:27 AM

Update:

Sets 1 and 3 are ready to be downloaded, details in the first post of this thread.

yabanci 10-28-2006 04:59 AM

nice, I really like that first set. Much thanks.

Emiliano 10-28-2006 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 1286186)

Great. I like these as well.

Icy 10-28-2006 05:34 AM

Sorry i have messed some logo names and i'm going to check all the set slowly again, will upload them once corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Icy 10-28-2006 05:52 AM

Fixed, sets 1, 3 and 4 are up and corrected.
If you downloaded them before i posted this, do it again please.

Capital 10-28-2006 06:01 AM

Thanks again for your work on all the text based games...

Ben E Lou 10-28-2006 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 1286865)
Fixed, sets 1, 3 and 4 are up and corrected.
If you downloaded them before i posted this, do it again please.

Thanks, Icy!!!

All: Icy's logos are now hosted in our centralized location as well. See the stickied thread above with downloads.

Peregrine 10-28-2006 07:48 AM

Very nice Icy, can't wait for those position button changes also. Is there a way you could replace the current scout overview values with something more readable? The way the numbers are displayed in that field (crooked and leaning) is really bugging me.

Icy 10-28-2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine (Post 1286884)
Very nice Icy, can't wait for those position button changes also. Is there a way you could replace the current scout overview values with something more readable? The way the numbers are displayed in that field (crooked and leaning) is really bugging me.

It bugs me a lot too, will edit them.

cuervo72 10-28-2006 10:04 AM

I'm about halfway through a version of the ratings fwiw, just cutting and pasting from the old ones and giving slight color tweaks to the various sets to match the new colors (the mask image seems good enough that I won't bother). I'll post when I'm done...whenever I can get my main computer back from the kids, who have commandeered it.

Icy 10-28-2006 10:53 AM

i made a new version only editing the numbers to use a more clear font. It replaces all the numbers in every screen.

Original

Edited

SunDevil 10-28-2006 11:48 AM

ICY,

I love it, how can I put this in the game?

jeff061 10-28-2006 11:56 AM

Nice Icy, even nicer response time :). The fonts look great.

Icy 10-28-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunDevil (Post 1287135)
ICY,

I love it, how can I put this in the game?

You need to use a program named reshacker. There was a tutorial in the forums for 2004 but i can't find it now, try to search for it or you will need to wait until i edit also the positions tags and then i'll upload my moddified .exe with the changes already done. In the future maybe i'll write a small tutorial but now i'm looking into finishing this to start to play the game, i have been working on graphics all the time and have not even started a game yet.

Peregrine 10-28-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 1287158)
You need to use a program named reshacker. There was a tutorial in the forums for 2004 but i can't find it now, try to search for it or you will need to wait until i edit also the positions tags and then i'll upload my moddified .exe with the changes already done. In the future maybe i'll write a small tutorial but now i'm looking into finishing this to start to play the game, i have been working on graphics all the time and have not even started a game yet.

Thanks for your dedication Icy, here you are helping us and it's keeping you away from the game!

Deattribution 10-28-2006 12:18 PM

again, great work on these and thanks for taking the time to do it.