Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW - Zombie Apocalypse - Game Over, Zombies Win (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=75792)

EagleFan 12-04-2009 09:15 AM

WW - Zombie Apocalypse - Game Over, Zombies Win

Will take the signup from the generic signup thread later today. The rules and signups will be posted here throughout the day.

It will be a relatively generic WW game from 12/21/2012.

Rules:

Deadline - 9:00 PM EST for both day and night deadline

Night Orders - Conditional allowed but the conditions must be specific (cannot be: "if a seer is revealed kill them")

Tie Lynch - No lynch

Nightfall - Only if unanymous (including the one being voted for)

PM's - PM's received from the GM cannot be quoted in thread, penalty will be loss of vote, night action and posting privileges for a day/night period

Village Win - Kill all the zombies

Zombie Win - Reach a 1:1 ratio with the village (exception: if there is one village and zombie remaining and the villager is the hunter)

Roles - Not all roles may be in the game

Village Roles:

Zombie Slayer - Hunter role, if the zombie slayer is the last remaining survivor in a heads up game he (or she) will stomp that zombie into oblivion for the major win. You gain a brutal ability if you are infected.

Shaman - (sorry, watched Gran Torino yesterday) You are a practicing Shaman who has the ability to read a person's soul. You are the seer. You may scan one person each night to see if they are infected. You are imune to infection.

Bruce Campbell - You were out trying to get some shopping done and now find yourself fighting zombies. What next? You'll be handing dollar bills to strippers and watching a white bronco ride down a freeway? You are the bodyguard. You may guardone person each nigh but will not find out the result of the guard or discover identity. You may self guard but may not guard the same person two nights in a row. You are immune to infection.

Duke - You may change the lynch vote one time during the game. You will be revealed upon using the ability. You are imune to infection.

Zombie Roles:

The Infector - You are the cause of this infection. You grew tired of life and spent years developing this bacteria which would turn humans into mindless and soulless flesh craving eating machines. You may attempt to infect other players each night. If successful they will become members of your zombie horde. You have the cunning ability and will not scan as a zombie.

Infected - You are a vanila zombie. If you have been infected you will begin to crave the flesh of humans. Each night one infected will be chosen to perform a kill.

EagleFan 12-04-2009 09:15 AM

It is December 21, 2012. Many people are busy trying to get their last minute holiday shopping completed and going about their lives as normal. They have no idea what terror is about to be unleashed upon them... upon the world.

You are a typical group of holiday shoppers, having just stood in line for an hour trying to get the next best thing for your kids and a little present for yourself, the latest and greatest video game.

Then you hear the screaming. Panic turns to fear inside the store as you see the most gruesome sight that you could imagine. Someone... something is leaning over a shopper which is laying on the floor perfectly still. Then you notice the puddle of blood that surrounds this lifeless body.

The person standing over the lifeless shopper turns towards you and stares at you with an empty look in his eyes. This hollow shell of a human shows no emotion and you see a trickle of blood running down his chin.

You look at the body and you can't believe your eyes, it looks like someone was eating the flesh.

Just then the soulless freak lurches forward. A shotgun blast is heard and the creature falls to the ground.

"It is time!!!" someone is shouting. "They are here. The zombies have come to claim the earth. Take up arms, it it time for us to stand and fight!!!!"

You think this is a joke but the lifeless bodies on the ground in front of you tell you differently.

Now what do you do?

EagleFan 12-04-2009 09:17 AM

Signups:
1. Danny - Infected (duked to day three)
2. Schmidty - Shaman (night four kill)
3. Telle - vanilla villager (day seven lynch)
4. KWhit - vanilla villager
5. Darth Vilus - Infected (day four lynch)
6. The Jackal - vanilla villager that got infected night seven
7. PurdueBrad - vanilla villager (day one lynch)
8. J23 - vanilla villager (day five lynch)
9. claphamsa - Duke (night six kill)
10. hoopsguy - vanilla villager (night two kill)
11. dubb93 - Bruce Campbell (night five kill)
12. Lathum - vanilla villager (night three kill)
13. RealDeal - The Infector
14. Chief Rum - vanilla villager (night one kill)

PurdueBrad 12-04-2009 09:37 AM

EF, if you're running it, I'm in.

claphamsa 12-04-2009 10:08 AM

u had me at zombie!

BRAAAAAINS!

hoopsguy 12-04-2009 10:26 AM

So we can't tell who is human and who is zombie? Or will this be a non-standard game of WW?

EagleFan 12-04-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2178467)
So we can't tell who is human and who is zombie? Or will this be a non-standard game of WW?

The rules should explain it a little better when I get them up. It will be pretty standard with a twist. :)

J23 12-04-2009 12:22 PM

I'm in. This ties in nicely with the book I'm reading, World War Z.

EagleFan 12-04-2009 02:06 PM

Lathum, hoops and dubb...

Didn't list you yet as you were tentative in the other thread. Let me know if you want in.

Day one will be Monday and I'll get the roles out Sunday night.

hoopsguy 12-04-2009 02:20 PM

List me, I'll be playing. Thanks.

claphamsa 12-04-2009 02:25 PM

so the infector starts out alone... and converts one a night? interesting... also makes vote following tough...

EagleFan 12-04-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2178687)
so the infector starts out alone... and converts one a night? interesting... also makes vote following tough...

I figured it will be an uphill battle for the zombies in the beginning so that will be the best way to help them battle the odds.

dubb93 12-04-2009 03:29 PM

I'm in.

RealDeal 12-04-2009 05:06 PM

ill do this one.

Lathum 12-04-2009 06:08 PM

OK, I can play as long as there is no weekend play.

I leave for Vegas Friday @ 4:00 PST and will be back by the monday night deadline.

hoopsguy 12-04-2009 06:39 PM

EF, Schmidty once ran a game with conversions once per night. It is really, really hard for the villagers to compete against that alone. In conjunction with a kill, I'm not sure how the zombies lose if they get to Day 3. I'm anticipating balance being really, really hard with that setup.

EagleFan 12-04-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2178846)
EF, Schmidty once ran a game with conversions once per night. It is really, really hard for the villagers to compete against that alone. In conjunction with a kill, I'm not sure how the zombies lose if they get to Day 3. I'm anticipating balance being really, really hard with that setup.

It's not going to be a once per night thing. There will be some restrictions to it, but you'll need to role the Infector role to find out the restrctions. :)

EagleFan 12-04-2009 07:53 PM

dola: actually, if we can get saldana in the game I may just make everyone a zombie... :D

Chief Rum 12-06-2009 04:37 AM

Cool, I was waiting for an actual game thread to be started (apologies to the thread starters of the "next game" thread--I couldn't commit to a game without knowing more about when it would start or the deadlines and such).

I am in.

Danny 12-06-2009 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2179837)
(apologies to the thread starters of the "next game" thread--I couldn't commit to a game without knowing more about when it would start or the deadlines and such).

That was me and I am seriously offended ;)

EagleFan 12-06-2009 08:19 PM

Going to be sending out the roles shortlyand it will be game on when I post the green light.

There will be some changes to the original intent wich will make this closer to a standard WW game due to the small number of player.

Danny 12-06-2009 08:35 PM

Standard WW? What's that?

EagleFan 12-06-2009 08:42 PM

Everyone is still shocked from the recent events. The store is now closed off and quaranteened. There is no way out, unless you can eliminate those who may be infected, or become infected yourself.

Deadline is 9 PM EST Monday for day/night one.

Who do you eliminate first?

GAME ON!!!

claphamsa 12-06-2009 08:48 PM

ok... I got a role... but its not listed!

EF did you intentinally leave out the super awesome ninja from the writeup?

Danny 12-06-2009 08:48 PM

So it looks like the village side of this game is pretty standard. We have a seer, bodyguard, duke and hunter.

The wolves are more iffy. We definitely have the infecter, but it doesn't give us many details about infecting other than it can be attempted each night. This to me makes it seem like there may not be many other wolves. That said, it does seem to make it clear that the infected is the ones doing the kill, so I think night 1 will tell us a lot about whether or not we have a second starting wolf or not. If there is a kill, I think that means there is at least two starting wolves.

Danny 12-06-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2180318)

Let me guess, your ability is to mis-spell :)

hoopsguy 12-06-2009 08:52 PM

On the basis of the infection possibilities, I would ask all villagers to refrain from saying anything one way or another about roles in the early part of the game. Vanilla villager = clear conversion target. Non-vanilla villager = potential no-kill. It is pretty clear the wolves, even more than usual, will be "role hunting" in the thread.

claphamsa 12-06-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2180322)
Let me guess, your ability is to mis-spell :)

that one is inate!

claphamsa 12-06-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2180326)
On the basis of the infection possibilities, I would ask all villagers to refrain from saying anything one way or another about roles in the early part of the game. Vanilla villager = clear conversion target. Non-vanilla villager = potential no-kill. It is pretty clear the wolves, even more than usual, will be "role hunting" in the thread.

is it possible to role hunt more?

KWhit 12-06-2009 09:00 PM

Vanilla dude here. No infection or role present.

hoopsguy 12-06-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2180334)
is it possible to role hunt more?

Sure. When I'm playing wolf I'm digging first and foremost for seer. Other stuff is of interest, but I'm not scouring posts like nuts looking for the duke (to pick one). However, if all of those can avoid infection then it is more important than normal for the wolves to ID role/vanilla than normal.

Danny 12-06-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 2180337)
Vanilla dude here. No infection or role present.

Hoops will not be happy.

dubb93 12-06-2009 09:47 PM

Great, just what we need, zombies.

dubb93 12-06-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2180326)

Don't most peeps just claim vanilla on day 1 anyway regardless of any role they may have?

Danny 12-06-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 2180375)
Don't most peeps just claim vanilla on day 1 anyway regardless of any role they may have?

You mean they aren't all telling the truth? :confused:

hoopsguy 12-06-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubb93 (Post 2180375)

The "hit" rate on the vanilla claim is a ton higher than it should be. Nearly all of the vanilla claims are in fact vanilla, at least in recent games.

PurdueBrad 12-06-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsguy (Post 2180389)
The "hit" rate on the vanilla claim is a ton higher than it should be. Nearly all of the vanilla claims are in fact vanilla, at least in recent games.

Checking in. Don't got much else.

Darth Vilus 12-06-2009 10:36 PM

Lord Vilus checking in, this one sounds lik it could get intense

Schmidty 12-06-2009 11:32 PM

Hi.

RealDeal 12-06-2009 11:35 PM

Checking in. Good to be back werewolfin'.

Chief Rum 12-07-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2180318)

Oh, man, glad to hear this. I am the super awesome ninja hunter, and I get a minor victory if I uncover your identity. Woohoo!

Danny 12-07-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2180460)
Oh, man, glad to hear this. I am the super awesome ninja hunter, and I get a minor victory if I uncover your identity. Woohoo!

:lol:

claphamsa 12-07-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2180460)

yes but now you have to catch me!

claphamsa 12-07-2009 07:57 AM

very lively!

so we should assume there is only an infector? if so... it almost makes sense to no lynch.... (I think I just threw up in my mouth typing that)

Telle 12-07-2009 08:31 AM

Checking in.

Yet to check in: The Jackal, J23, Lathum

Danny 12-07-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 2180486)
very lively!

so we should assume there is only an infector? if so... it almost makes sense to no lynch.... (I think I just threw up in my mouth typing that)

Why does that make sense? If there is only an infector (which I think is actually unlikely based on role descriptions), we want to get him out before he begins infecting. He is cunning anyway, so it's not like we want to wait around for the seer.

Danny 12-07-2009 08:49 AM

I should be back before deadline, but I'll need to get a vote in here in the next 5 minutes or so before I leave for field work.

EagleFan 12-07-2009 08:50 AM

As of post 47:

:)

Danny 12-07-2009 08:53 AM

Vote The Jackal

Really hate making this vote on day 1 this early.

EagleFan 12-07-2009 08:57 AM

As you wait out the day trying to determine what to do next and just who may be infected the tension is mounting. Every noise causes someone to jump. Some muffled whimpers are heard as the stress is causing everyone to react in rather different manners.

A shouting match is heard between two people over something as simple as where they were sitting. Everyone turns to look but it has settled down and peace seems to be restored.

One of you turns on the television and you can't believe your eyes. This is not the only place that has been infected. You see stories of entire towns being wiped out. The National Guard has been called in and martial law is in effect.

Then you hear laughter, the most evil laughter that you have ever heard. "Everyone will pay!!!"

Who said that? Everyone looks around to see but each person has a different opinion of where the voice came from. No one know for certain, but it is definitely someone among you. Terror grips you from within. Can you survive this? If you survive in here, what will happen outside? Is your fate sealed?