Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf CXXIV - Watchmen (Game Over, Wolves Win!, endpost:704) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=80532)

The Jackal 01-28-2011 09:31 AM

Werewolf CXXIV - Watchmen (Game Over, Wolves Win!, endpost:704)

WARNING: SPOILERS - I'm not going to be revealing the whole plot or anything like that, but some of the characters will have abilities tied into things that are revealed in the book. It's a great read, so if you haven't yet, you should! Also, some of the characters that are labeled "evil" have been fudged by me so I could have some bad guys - this isn't accurate to the story.

Night Deadline: 10 PM EST (A warning, I end up going out some nights for dinner and the like, so the writeup may not ALWAYS go up at 10, but I'll do my best to get it in then, since I feel this is a better deadline then midday)
Morning Deadline: 930 AM EST

RULES:

There is to be no editing of posts. Editing of posts will result in instant death, with a flick of Dr. Manhattan's pinky finger.

In the event of a tied lynch vote, the deciding mechanism is unknown.

The wolves will know which roles are not in the game, should there be any.

ROLES:

Good:

Vanilla Villager - You are a regular Minuteman, called to serve a higher purpose and fight crime. You have no special abilities. (THIS IS THE VANILLA VILLAGER PM THAT ALL VANILLAS WILL RECEIVE)

Dr. Jonathan Osterman (Doctor Manhattan) - Duke. May once per game change the outcome of the vote. He cannot be nightkilled or lynched - once he is revealed (either by being targeted by the wolves, scanned by the wolves, or an attempted lynch) there will be a hidden mechanism by which he can be killed. Also possesses unknown powers. To clarify, an attempted night kill results in him being revealed in the writeup, as will an attempted lynch. He will know if he has been scanned by a wolf, but will not be forcibly revealed to the thread in that instance.

Walter Joseph Kovacs (Rorschach) - Seer. Each night he may scan an opposing player to learn if they are good or evil. He will not learn roles. Due to the mask he wears, if scanned by Moloch he will appear to be a regular Minuteman.

Edward Blake (The Comedian) - Bodyguard. May protect one person each night, though due to his volatile nature he will not protect the same person twice in a row. If he is protecting Sally Jupiter or Laurie Juspeczyk and they are attacked, he will kill the attacker.

Daniel Dreiberg (Nite Owl II) and Laurie Juspeczyk (Silk Spectre II) - Lovers. May communicate with each other freely through private messaging. If Laurie is killed, they both die. If Daniel is killed, Laurie will survive only if Dr. Manhattan is still alive. She will not be revealed in this case, nor will she then be subject to automatic death if Dr. Manhattan dies. If this series of events occurs, she will gain the ability to scan nightly for her father, Edward Blake.

Dr. Malcolm Long - Fake Seer. The interviewer of the notorious Rorschach, Dr. Long has become so obsessed with his story that he has turned himself into a copycat. Long will think that he is Rorschach, and can scan one player each night. He will always receive a "good" result, as his perceptive powers are faked.

Nelson Gardner (Captain Metropolis) - Former Marine-Lieutenant. If the game comes down to Metropolis and a wolf left, he will defeat the wolf and the village will win.

Hollis Mason (Nite Owl) - Lacking in any specific powers aside from his love of gadgets, Nite Owl will once during the course of the game be able to disable a player for an entire day phase. He can submit this order at any time, whether it be the night before, or anytime during the day (they will not be allowed to post for the remainder of the day).

Sally Juspeczyk (Sally Jupiter, Silk Spectre) - Sally is perhaps one of the most recognized and loved symbols of the Minutemen. In order to lynch her, she will need to be the leading candidate by at least two votes. If she is the leading candidate by one, there will be no lynch, she will be revealed, and this power will be nullified.

Evil:

Adrian Veidt (Ozymandias) - Organized this rendezvous and is controlling things behind the scenes. He is the cunning wolf, and if scanned by Rorschach he will appear to be good. If Mothman is not in the game, he will be brutal as well. Also possesses unknown powers.

Edgar William Jacobi (Moloch the Mystic) - Wolf Seer. May scan one player each night to learn their role.

Big Figure - Unknown wolf. Cannot communicate with the other wolves at the beginning of the game. Due to the connections he has developed during his time in prison, he may once per night scan a player to see if they are a wolf. If he finds one, or if Moloch finds him, he may then communicate freely with the other wolves.

Byron Lewis (Mothman) - Brutal wolf. Former member of the Minutemen that drove himself towards mental illness with his alcoholism. Has lost all concept of who he once was, and is now a vicious tool in the employ of Ozymandias. If lynched he may take a villager of his choice with him to the grave.

Janey Slater - First wife of Dr. Jonathan Osterman, before the accident that turned him into Dr. Manhattan. Exposure to Jon after his transformation has possibly led to the cancer that now ravages her body. Between the cancer and Dr. Manhattan leaving her for a younger woman, she has been driven to Ozymandias' side. She may scan for Dr. Manhattan each night. May also have a hidden power.

Hooded Justice - Cultist. Counts as a villager, and cannot be converted, but has grown apart from the goals of the Minutemen after being singled out for illicit activity. Wins with the wolves, but cannot communicate with them. If scanned by Rorschach, he appears to be good.

The Jackal 01-28-2011 09:31 AM

Signups:

I. jeff061 - killed night 5 - Daniel Dreiberg (Nite Owl II)
II. Autumn - lynched day 1 - vanilla villager
III. DaddyTorgo - lynched day 3 - vanilla villager
IV. PackerFanatic - disappeared day 5 - Dr. Manhattan
V. saldana - lynched day 4 - Edgar William Jacobi (Moloch the Mystic)
VI. Darth Vilus - killed night 5 - Laurie Juspeczyk (Silk Spectre II)
VII. Lathum - killed night 2 - Edward Blake (The Comedian)
VIII. Danny
IX. EagleFan - lynched day 5 - Nelson Gardner (Captain Metropolis)
X. hoopsguy
XI. ntndeacon - lynched day 2 - Hooded Justice
XII. Chief Rum
XIII. J23
XIV. Thomkal - killed night 1 - Dr. Malcolm Long

The Jackal 01-28-2011 09:33 AM

I'm not positive if I got the game number right, I tried to go off the last numbered one and count, but if someone sees a discrepancy do let me know.

jeff061 01-28-2011 09:36 AM

I am just so damned bored at work..I'm going join in on this one.

Besides, at least I've read the comic for this. The Dune story was cool but it all went way over my head :D. I have a few unread Dune books on my shelf.

Autumn 01-28-2011 09:56 AM

Awesome!

I'm in.

DaddyTorgo 01-28-2011 10:04 AM

IN!

PackerFanatic 01-28-2011 10:17 AM

In

The Jackal 01-28-2011 11:02 AM

Most of the roles are up, I'll probably add in a few more today or over the weekend. Will leave signups open at least through Monday and see how we are. Not all of the roles listed by the end of signups will be in the game, depending on the amount of players and such.

jeff061 01-28-2011 11:06 AM

Dr Manhattan's secret ability will be that he can turn everyone evil, kill them and win the game within 5 seconds.

Kind of unbalanced.

The Jackal 01-28-2011 11:11 AM

That would be a funny day 1. Dr. Manhattan decides he's tired of the game and humanity and destroys everyone. Dr. Manhattan wins!

saldana 01-28-2011 11:13 AM

in...guess i should learn myself up on the Watchmen...was the movie any good?

saldana 01-28-2011 11:14 AM

Jackal, what is the title of the book you refer to in post 1?

jeff061 01-28-2011 11:14 AM

I haven't watch the movie. My understanding that other than one key moment(don't want to spoil) it followed the books almost to close. And was a bit to slow paced because of it. At least that's the complaint's I've heard.

Also. Giant blue dick.

jeff061 01-28-2011 11:15 AM

Amazon.com: Watchmen (9781401219260): Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons: Books

I am nothing near a comic book fan, but I liked it.

Darth Vilus 01-28-2011 12:08 PM

in

PackerFanatic 01-28-2011 12:26 PM

I really have wanted to see this movie. Maybe this game will be my push toward it finally.

The Jackal 01-28-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff061 (Post 2416388)
I haven't watch the movie. My understanding that other than one key moment(don't want to spoil) it followed the books almost to close. And was a bit to slow paced because of it. At least that's the complaint's I've heard.

Also. Giant blue dick.

Yeah there's one glaring part that they changed, which kind of annoyed me, but the movie was still really good. Lots of complaints about the blue unit, but with today's culture I really don't understand how people can be so uptight. It's definitely on the longer side, but great graphics, good acting, all-around a good flick. As usual, I recommend reading it first, but it's not necessary.

MartinD 01-28-2011 01:09 PM

I would like to play - might even make it past day 1 this time round... :)

Autumn 01-28-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2416417)
Lots of complaints about the blue unit ... It's definitely on the longer side, but great graphics ...

thanks for this detailed analysis, Jackal.

jeff061 01-28-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2416456)
thanks for this detailed analysis, Jackal.

Ha, I read it the same way. Had to do a double take.

The Jackal 01-28-2011 03:04 PM

hahaha, wish i could say that was intentional.

saldana 01-28-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff061 (Post 2416338)
I am just so damned bored at work..I'm going join in on this one.

Besides, at least I've read the comic for this. The Dune story was cool but it all went way over my head :D. I have a few unread Dune books on my shelf.

vote Jeff061

jeff061 01-28-2011 03:43 PM

Hey now I have this:
Amazon.com: Dune, 40th Anniversary Edition (Dune Chronicles, Book 1) (9780441013593): Frank Herbert: Books

In my hands right now, so surely I bought it with the intention of reading it at some point. I'm sure we can come to a compromise.

I mean look at DT. Huge fan who purposely skipped your game, he's the culprit!

Lathum 01-28-2011 03:49 PM

I turned the movie off 45 minutes into it, was unwatchable.

That being said I'm in for a game

Lathum 01-28-2011 03:50 PM

OK< just read the deadline times.

Will likely be innactive for both. The night DL is when my son goes to bed and the day DL is 6:30 AM FFS.

The Jackal 01-28-2011 03:53 PM

The day DL isn't really important for being active, just when people need to get night orders in by, 'cause that's when I'll generally be active and around a computer.

The Jackal 01-28-2011 03:55 PM

Did you read the book Lathum? Or just try the movie? It's a pretty long, slow endeavor, but does keep to the book really well. I know I enjoyed it a lot but have only watched it all the way through about twice. Same kind of thing I felt about No Country for Old Men.

Danny 01-28-2011 05:16 PM

I enjoyed the movie, but haven't read the book.

Regardless, I am in!

The Jackal 01-28-2011 05:33 PM

Solid list already for a mid-friday post! Let's hope for some more!

EagleFan 01-28-2011 06:09 PM

In, haven't played in a little while. Maybe watching Being Human made me yearn for the taste for villager blood again... I mean made me want to be a villager and catch those pesky wolves... :)

EagleFan 01-28-2011 06:10 PM

Oh... and ...

Let's Go Flyers!!!

:)

The Jackal 01-28-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleFan (Post 2416555)
Oh... and ...

Let's Go Flyers!!!

:)

EF WINS!

Lathum 01-28-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2416496)
Did you read the book Lathum? Or just try the movie? It's a pretty long, slow endeavor, but does keep to the book really well. I know I enjoyed it a lot but have only watched it all the way through about twice. Same kind of thing I felt about No Country for Old Men.

no

hoopsguy 01-29-2011 04:55 PM

I'll sign up for this one. I'm expecting kind of manic activity - won't be online regularly, but when I am I'll try to be active.

ntndeacon 01-29-2011 05:27 PM

sure this sounds good...in

The Jackal 01-29-2011 07:02 PM

I think that's all the possible roles that will be in the game, though I reserve the right to change that up until the start if I think of something interesting.

If anyone has any questions or if I've not explained something well, please ask.

Poli 01-30-2011 08:58 AM

I like this idea.

Chief Rum 01-30-2011 10:09 AM

I'll join.

The Jackal 01-30-2011 10:47 AM

Going to leave signups open through tomorrow, with a Night Zero tomorrow night so everyone can get accustomed to their roles and their partners in crime, as well as cover any questions. Official day one should start Tuesday morning.

J23 01-31-2011 08:28 AM

I'm in. I should be able to be around for this one.

Thomkal 01-31-2011 12:14 PM

Jackal if you need one more person to make the sides even, then sign me up.

The Jackal 01-31-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2417442)
Jackal if you need one more person to make the sides even, then sign me up.

Any number of people is fine, play if you want to! Can let me know by tonight.

Thomkal 01-31-2011 02:02 PM

okay just wanted to leave it flexible for you so you didn't have to squeeze me in.

Count me in then :)

The Jackal 01-31-2011 02:29 PM

Fifteen is solid! Maybe a couple more this afternoon/evening! I'll start sending roles tonight, probably between 10-11 EST sometime.

MartinD 01-31-2011 02:52 PM

Sorry, but I'm going to have to withdraw from the game - just won't have enough time over the next week, so won't be able to make anything like an acceptable contribution to the game.

Apologies if this causes any problems.

Danny 01-31-2011 03:10 PM

Boo :(

The Jackal 01-31-2011 03:32 PM

Well, I appreciate that you could acknowledge that pre-game. Hopefully some others step up!

MartinD 01-31-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2417509)
Well, I appreciate that you could acknowledge that pre-game. Hopefully some others step up!

It's not fair on you or the guys who are playing if I can't make the commitment required to fully participate, so thought that it would be better to get out now rather than possibly cause problems later.

Hope that the game goes well.

saldana 01-31-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinD (Post 2417487)
Sorry, but I'm going to have to withdraw from the game - just won't have enough time over the next week, so won't be able to make anything like an acceptable contribution to the game.

Apologies if this causes any problems.

not like it matters....you were just gonna get lynched the first day anyway :D ;)

Darth Vilus 01-31-2011 07:09 PM

So when do we get our PMs?