Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Survivor:Challenge/Common Thread (GAME OVER! FEED BACK WELCOME) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=56707)

Barkeep49 02-04-2007 07:58 AM

Survivor:Challenge/Common Thread (GAME OVER! FEED BACK WELCOME)

Right now there are 22 survivors awaiting a private message. That private message will tell them their role. They have been divided into four tribes, based on the only thing that matters in FOFC: post count. In the days to come these players will be tested to the max as they must use their Werewolf skills to outwit, outlast, and outplay, their competition.

Who will be FOFC's ultimate Survivor?

Barkeep49 02-04-2007 08:29 AM

The current remaining Survivors are:
Alan
Lathum
Path
Anxiety
Swaggs
KWhit
SnDvls

After the merge the tribes were:
Helsing
Alan
Cronin Voted out at tribal council
Lathum
Mr. W Killed by wolves
Path
SnDvls
Swaggs

Howard
Anxiety
Ardent Removed from Game
Golden Killed by wolf attack
Grammaticus Killed by Wolves
ITC Voted out at Tribal Council
Jonathan Voted out at tribal Council
Kwhit
Pass Killed by Wolves

The original tribes were:

Oz:
Ardent
Cronin
Raiders Voted out at Tribal Council
Golden
Schmidty Voted out at Tribal Council
ImtheCrew

Lupus
Swaggs
KWhit
Chief Run Voted out at Tribal Council
Anxiety
Blade Voted out at Tribal Council

Helsing
Pass
Lathum
Wednesday
Alan
Grammaticus
SnDvls

Howard
path12
LoneStarGirll Voted out at Tribal Council
ntndeaconl Voted out at Tribal Council
Jonathan
Marathonerl Voted out at Tribal Council

Barkeep49 02-04-2007 08:37 AM

Couple of quick game notes. First when I am "hosting" I will be using this lovely magenta otherwise I will be posting in Navy.

Also there is a slight relaxation of the edit rule. You may edit with-in a minute or so of posting to fix formatting (basically meaning something to do with posting in your tribe's color). You may also fix typos. Otherwise the no edit rule remains in full force. If you don't edit with-in the time frame, I will likely do it for you, but please try and remember to do it yourself.

The game has begun and you may start posting. Day 1's challenge begins tomorrow around 9 AM Eastern.

Lathum 02-04-2007 08:42 AM

BK, is it possible to list each tribe member in their thread title, it may make it eaiser to keep track of who is in each tribe.

Barkeep49 02-04-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 1378728)
BK, is it possible to list each tribe member in their thread title, it may make it eaiser to keep track of who is in each tribe.

It's not a bad idea, but it won't fit I don't think and will also mean quite a bit of remembering to update as the game goes on. I am hopeful that with people posting here in their color (*cough cough*) that you'll have an easy way of telling who is on whose team.

Lathum 02-04-2007 08:54 AM

lol, I posted BEFORE I got my PM :).

plain villegar checking in. I think the dynamics of the group ar really funny, in a good way

Alan T 02-04-2007 08:59 AM

Hello fellow survivors!

Alan T 02-04-2007 09:00 AM

Sorry, had to test the edit rules :)

Raiders Army 02-04-2007 09:32 AM

Villager/Survivor checking in.

path12 02-04-2007 09:32 AM

Um.....I think you forgot me on the list for the Howard tribe. Hi, Survivors!

KWhit 02-04-2007 09:38 AM

Yo yo dogs!

KWhit of the Lupus tribe here and accounted for.

Poli 02-04-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1378705)
Who will be FOFC's ultimate Survivor?

:rolleyes:

Ahem, me. I won last time.

:p

Poli 02-04-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1378722)

Also there is a slight relaxation of the edit rule. You may edit with-in a minute or so of posting to fix formatting (basically meaning something to do with posting in your tribe's color). You may also fix typos. Otherwise the no edit rule remains in full force. If you don't edit with-in the time frame, I will likely do it for you, but please try and remember to do it yourself.

Thank goodness. I was afraid of that posting my favs.

Poli 02-04-2007 09:48 AM

Ah, so we're all plain villagers eh? So am I.

Passacaglia 02-04-2007 10:49 AM

Interesting note. In the "meet the survivors" thread, only oz team members fixed the typo where barkeep misspelled "survivor" -- just trying to practice my attention to detail required for werewolf games. Villager here.

Raiders Army 02-04-2007 10:53 AM

Yeah, I noticed it when I cut'n'pasted BK's first post.

Poli 02-04-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiders Army (Post 1378832)
Yeah, I noticed it when I cut'n'pasted BK's first post.

Same here.

Barkeep49 02-04-2007 11:25 AM

I'm going to temporarily sticky this to make it easier to find compared to the tribal threads. If there are similar situations in the future I would be happy to sticky a thread for that game as well.

~Barkeep49, Your Friendly WW Mod

Raiders Army 02-04-2007 12:43 PM

That makes it much easier in the grand scheme of things. I think it'll help people from accidentally clicking on a tribal thread they weren't meant to click on as well.

Abe Sargent 02-04-2007 12:44 PM

I'm just me and I'm here

ntndeacon 02-04-2007 02:18 PM

I am here and a proud member of the Howard Tribe

Chief Rum 02-04-2007 03:33 PM

Is it really necessary to check in in this game, at least here? Oh, I guess I just did...

ntndeacon 02-04-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1379071)
Is it really necessary to check in in this game, at least here? Oh, I guess I just did...

Is someone afraid to check in because of thier wolf like tendencies? hmmm something to note perhaps.

Grammaticus 02-04-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1378824)
Interesting note. In the "meet the survivors" thread, only oz team members fixed the typo where barkeep misspelled "survivor" -- just trying to practice my attention to detail required for werewolf games. Villager here.

Actually, I fixed mine too. I typed it in word and the spell check kicked it out. But I guess you typed your post here first, I just didn't know this thread existed yet. See the sticky is like hiding in plain sight. :mad:

Grammaticus 02-04-2007 03:46 PM

Of course I am just a normal villager.:cool:

Blade6119 02-04-2007 03:56 PM

Im not sure i understand...are their actualy wolves in this game, and were trying to get it down to 1-1. Or is this just a free-for-all to be the WW survivor and were all good? I read the rules but didnt see it(i might be retarded and missed it),but whats the goal here?

Tyrith 02-04-2007 03:57 PM

I'm still a tribeless loser in this thread, too.

Barkeep49 02-04-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1379093)
Im not sure i understand...are their actualy wolves in this game, and were trying to get it down to 1-1. Or is this just a free-for-all to be the WW survivor and were all good? I read the rules but didnt see it(i might be retarded and missed it),but whats the goal here?

The goal is to be the ultimate Survivor. In regards to other stuff, that will become more clear as time goes on. In this game information = life.

st.cronin 02-04-2007 05:05 PM

Here, representin' Oz, not much to say yet.

Swaggs 02-04-2007 05:26 PM

Here. Representing Lupus.

Grammaticus 02-04-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade6119 (Post 1379093)

This is from the sign up thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barkeep49 (Post 1374821)
Can you outwit, outplay, and outlast your fellow Werewolf players to be crowned FOFC's ultimate Survivor?

This game will combine the mechanics of Werewolf (gotta find them before they kill you) with those of Survivor (including reward and immunity challenges).

Some details will be forth coming on how this all works, but as one would expect with Survivor there will be some twists and turns. Sign-ups will go through the weekend. Day 1 will start Monday.

So, based on the bold portion, I assume their are wolves. Also, my PM told me I was a villager. So Blade, it appears you are starting off with a fib of sorts as I must assume your role PM told you what you are.

Tyrith 02-04-2007 09:56 PM

If I get killed day 1 because I'm of low post count I'm going to be seriously ticked off.

Grammaticus 02-04-2007 11:10 PM

Is this the thread we will see new rules posted, directions, etc.?

Blade6119 02-04-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammaticus (Post 1379861)
This is from the sign up thread:

So, based on the bold portion, I assume their are wolves. Also, my PM told me I was a villager. So Blade, it appears you are starting off with a fib of sorts as I must assume your role PM told you what you are.

Oh, im aware we have roles...but roles are also given out after challenges...some good, some not...i wasnt sure if it was wolves vs villagers, or the special roles just help those players in becoming the final survivor.

Barkeep49 02-04-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammaticus (Post 1380000)
Is this the thread we will see new rules posted, directions, etc.?

Yes

Schmidty 02-05-2007 12:42 AM

Am I supposed to say something?

Alan T 02-05-2007 06:23 AM

I think you are supposed to go HULK SMASH.. but I'll be really confused at a red hulk.

ntndeacon 02-05-2007 07:38 AM

well there was a grey hulk. Maybe a red hulk is a much less aggressive hulk.

Raiders Army 02-05-2007 07:47 AM

I just like posting in red. Makes me think I'm gonna correct what you guys are saying.

Barkeep49 02-05-2007 08:41 AM

Welcome Survivors to your first challenge. Because we didn't want to make things too easy on you, this will be both a reward and immunity challenge.

In Werewolf, information is life. Normally the wolves have it and the villagers don't. The villagers also have to work together, in plain sight, while hoping to foil the wolves. This challenge will require you to do the same. In a moment I'm going to list several different descriptions, ordered ROUGHLY from easiest to hardest. You need to find an image, anywhere online and PM me the url. Each picture is worth up to four points. I will be dividing four by the number of tribes who find that picture and that is how many points you will get for it (so if 1 tribe, you get 4 points, 3 tribes you get 1.33 points, etc).

Here's what you'll be looking for:
Quote:

Bear (the animal)
Colt (the animal)
The Catch
The Tuck
Peyton Manning in a commercial
2007 Lombardi Trophy
2006 Colts Team Photo
2006 Bears Team Photo
The 85 Super Bowl Shuffle
A Super Bowl winning play
The Wardrobe malfunction (keep it clean)
Prince’s other "name"
Madden Bowl 07
Most popular take-out/delivery food on Super Bowl Sunday
Pictures of each of the 5 NFL commissioners (e.g. No Jim Thorpe)
Super Bowl XL Ring
Super Bowl XLI Ticket
Pro Player Stadium
Pre-merger championship team photo
A player whose helmet is off
Da Coach yelling
Colts moving out of Baltimore
Football playing bottles
Super Bowl ON a TV
Coin used in Super Bowl XLI
Huge Helmeted feline
Both kinds of football together
Gyrating football player Hula hoping football player
A picture from the Super Bowl of the two cities who have played each other in the championship of the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA
Picture from the “Federal” Super Bowl

Only there are a few other rules. First, you will not be allowed to use your tribal threads until the challenge is over. Second, each Survivor can only send me links to 5 pictures. This means unless tribes are both clever and work together it will not be possible for a tribe to find all the pictures. Finally, only one PM per person. This challenge will end at 10 PM or when all the Survivors have sent me their lists.

Want to know what you're playing for?

It's a good one. The winning tribe will not only be safe from tribal council, and immune from wolf attacks this night, but one of the members of the tribe will also become the seer. The losing TWO tribes will go to tribal council tonight.

Oh, one more thing. You know that two Survivors don't have a tribe. They get to chose which tribe they want to join and will participate in the reward challenge with that tribe. Sometime today they will post (Join Tribe X) and will then be a member of that tribe. They must join different tribes. OK, let's get down to the challenge.

Survivors ready? Go!

Alan T 02-05-2007 09:09 AM

So we can't talk in our tribal threads, but only this thread until this challenge is over. So any working together/against others will have to be done here correct? Also the points rewarded are based on how many people provide that picture not on how difficult it is right?

Barkeep49 02-05-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1380197)
So we can't talk in our tribal threads, but only this thread until this challenge is over. So any working together/against others will have to be done here correct? Also the points rewarded are based on how many people provide that picture not on how difficult it is right?

All that is correct. I had thought about assigning the pictures points, but decided it wasn't practical.

Tyrith 02-05-2007 09:22 AM

Score, I get a choice. Right now my gut is to join Helsing, because I want to play with Alan (even if he'll get me killed). If there aren't any objections I'm going to do that sometime in the next hour.

Passacaglia 02-05-2007 09:27 AM

While this is going on, are we also voting?

Passacaglia 02-05-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1380206)
Score, I get a choice. Right now my gut is to join Helsing, because I want to play with Alan (even if he'll get me killed). If there aren't any objections I'm going to do that sometime in the next hour.

I have no problem with you joining Helsing.

Barkeep49 02-05-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1380208)
While this is going on, are we also voting?

No voting today. All voting is done at tribal councils.

Also important rule, that was originally left out of the original description:
Only 1 PM per person.

Poli 02-05-2007 09:34 AM

You should be joining the elitists, tyrith. :)

We do it in red.

Tyrith 02-05-2007 09:35 AM

Yeah, yellow is a really ugly color, but eh, screw it.

JOIN HELSING

Let's rock it!

Tyrith 02-05-2007 09:37 AM

Dola, that's orange, not yellow. (Didn't want to put this in the edit.)

Tyrith 02-05-2007 09:40 AM

I might guess that Tribal Council will happen at night. It's possible it could happen by secret ballet, or secret until revealed all at once. I wouldn't expect a normal voting mechanic.