Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW DII - The Dungeon 2 : Dungeon Harder! GAME OVER!!! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=83748)

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 01:42 PM

Heh heh heh

Autumn 04-04-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vilus (Post 2634316)
I'm in a room with an old woman who wants to tell my fortune. Why there is an old fortune teller in the middle of the dungeon I have no idea. And she has this look that seems to say "I'm lonely...." Which is creeping me the fuck out!


Send one of those bards in! Or who was it who said he was the handsomest character here ... oh yeah, Danny.

Danny, yo'ure needed urgently!

Autumn 04-04-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2634323)
Heh heh heh


Laugh it up, laugh it up.

Autumn 04-04-2012 01:47 PM

Kwhit, if I don't see you around in a bit I'm going to revoke your leadership!

Julio Riddols 04-04-2012 01:48 PM

I updated my movement and whatnot in your doc, Autumn.

Autumn 04-04-2012 01:51 PM

Hopefully everyone is remembering that their directions are always given from the perspective of their movement. So if you go right, forward is no longer towards the center of the dungeon, left is.

Autumn 04-04-2012 01:52 PM

Maybe just highlight any fields you change so I can make sure I update/correct my minimaps.

Julio Riddols 04-04-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634333)
Maybe just highlight any fields you change so I can make sure I update/correct my minimaps.


Will do.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634314)
Thanks, Chief. So you are in the second layer of dark bricks, correct?


I have moved forward one room. Never got any brick info. Is dark bricks the outermost layer? If it is, then yeah, second layer of dark bricks, I guess.

Autumn 04-04-2012 01:59 PM

Maybe I did not understand your info, Chief? The room with the table in it is three rooms deep into the dungeon, correct?

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634318)
It seems Ragone might be near you, Chief. He found a room that was cave-like. Compare details and see if it's the same.


It's tough to say. If I am reading things right, and that cave room Ragone found is the same as mine (and it sure seems to, he fought a spider and mentions a trap; I fought a Trap Door Spider), then I am in the room he was in before that. Your spreadsheet calls this room an altar room, but I am in a room with a table holding four scrolls (well, three, I grabbed one and it turned out to be a Paper Sprite).

JAG 04-04-2012 02:03 PM

No, using his directions forward is towards the center of the dungeon (no matter his orientation), left would mean he moved to the room left of his current one (left if you're facing the center of the dungeon), etc...

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634337)
Maybe I did not understand your info, Chief? The room with the table in it is three rooms deep into the dungeon, correct?


No, it's two rooms deep. I only forward once (from the Imp room to the cave room). I went sideways (parallel) twice, once out of me starting room, and then again out of the cave room.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634340)
No, using his directions forward is towards the center of the dungeon (no matter his orientation), left would mean he moved to the room left of his current one (left if you're facing the center of the dungeon), etc...


Yeah, JAG has got it.

I thought it would be confusing sticking with a relative perspective, instead of an absolute one.

JAG 04-04-2012 02:06 PM

I believe I will be in someone's starting room today. There's only six or so people it can be by my reckoning (not accounting for oddities we've noticed thus far), so hopefully one of you six would like to meet up and form a party.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 02:10 PM

I changed my mind. I am going to go deeper into the dungeon ("forward" from the absolute perspective, "right" from my relative perspective).

Autumn 04-04-2012 02:11 PM

I see, JAG. Got turned around somehow.

Autumn 04-04-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2634339)
It's tough to say. If I am reading things right, and that cave room Ragone found is the same as mine (and it sure seems to, he fought a spider and mentions a trap; I fought a Trap Door Spider), then I am in the room he was in before that. Your spreadsheet calls this room an altar room, but I am in a room with a table holding four scrolls (well, three, I grabbed one and it turned out to be a Paper Sprite).


Sounds like differnet caves here, or something else Abe is laughing about right now. He said he made a sacrifice on an altar. Doesn't sound much like your room.

Thomkal 04-04-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634296)
are you going left thomkal? Were there any other exits?


Yes I'm going left and the only other exit was backwards

Autumn 04-04-2012 02:14 PM

I listed Chief's extra move in new columns, so the days don't really match, but you guys will have to figure it out.

Poli 04-04-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634352)
I listed Chief's extra move in new columns, so the days don't really match, but you guys will have to figure it out.


:rant:

Autumn 04-04-2012 02:28 PM

Also the color highlighting I used in Excel differs from waht there is on Google. So there's a discrepancy between some of the blues that's not meant to mean anything. The few rooms I've marked as darker blue (like on Bhlloy's map) are the shade indicating the next level.

KWhit 04-04-2012 02:36 PM

I'm here. Just don't have much access here at work. Autumn, when you suggest ee go right, do you mean from the way I'm facing?

mauchow 04-04-2012 02:38 PM

Simba … I agree. Sit still for now. I have no means of healing as my bundle of herbs are gone.. I will continue to follow your orders.

I am on the road yet for the next few hours. I'm eating at the moment..

Autumn 04-04-2012 02:40 PM

Kwhit - Yes, I haven't been in that room before. The room behind me (your left) just has some dead goo. So it's either check out this next room, or go back into the library.

KWhit 04-04-2012 03:02 PM

Let's go into the new room to my right.

Simbo Klice 04-04-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1 (Post 2634360)
Simba I agree. Sit still for now. I have no means of healing as my bundle of herbs are gone.. I will continue to follow your orders.

I am on the road yet for the next few hours. I'm eating at the moment..


Alright, sounds good. I'll heal you first tomorrow, at that point if you want to do some looking around we'd have to split up because I'm also out of goodies and can only heal once a day.

ntndeacon 04-04-2012 03:08 PM

We are planning to go left during the movement phase.

Autumn 04-04-2012 03:11 PM

Okay, do you want to send that in for us, Kwhit?

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 03:12 PM

These will be fought today:



Autumn 04-04-2012 03:18 PM

More like Leaping Claws.

Poli 04-04-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634377)
More like Leaping Claws.


Danny should like that hands on approach.

KWhit 04-04-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634371)
Okay, do you want to send that in for us, Kwhit?


It is sent.

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 03:53 PM

I am processing actions....


and I just wanna say....



Uh oh....

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 03:59 PM

Damn, it better not be me!

Thomkal 04-04-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2634407)
I am processing actions....


and I just wanna say....



Uh oh....


this does not sound promising for my foray deeper into the dungeon....

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 04:00 PM

Oh no! Not everyone will survive today's movement action!

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 04:08 PM

I went to the third level of rooms. It is distinctly possible I'm the lucky loser.

CrimsonFox 04-04-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2634419)
I went to the third level of rooms. It is distinctly possible I'm the lucky loser.



Come on, Bards! Let'ssssssss hear it!

"Have you HEARD about the LONEsome LOsssser
Beaten BY the Leaping Handsssss every time..."

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 04:10 PM

Hmmm...worried that that could be me as I've been lucky to survive two other times. Third times a charm?

mckerney 04-04-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2634414)
Oh no! Not everyone will survive today's movement action!


Please let me live, please let me live...

Ragone 04-04-2012 04:21 PM

I'm pretty sure its going to be me..
In retrospect.. i might should have stayed put in the room i was in..

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 04:30 PM

Actions have been all sent

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 04:31 PM

Wow Abe, you keep putting some very tough choices in front of me.

JAG 04-04-2012 04:34 PM

RIP KWhit

PB, I'm in your starting room.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 04:35 PM

REALLY JAG!!!! AWESOME!!!

mckerney 04-04-2012 04:36 PM

I am alive. I'm in a room with 4 exits, a star on the floor and a lamp.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 04:36 PM

I'll add your map to my map and post it on Google docs. As soon as I'm done in this room I'll move back your way and we'll meet up...assuming you want to.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 04:38 PM

Crappy way to die, KWhit. Good luck to you.

And...I believe I have found a key part of the map. I am in the gong room, with a mauve star in the middle.

It's pretty clear I started near a corner and rather than heading "deeper" into the maze, I have merely traversed the corner. This seems clear from the directions I can go too.

bhlloy 04-04-2012 04:39 PM

I'm in the skeleton warrior room. Somebody had been here before, I don't have time to o through the thread rigt now but if I'm close to somebody let me know

Zinto 04-04-2012 04:39 PM

Alright Julio, it seems we are in the room that was to the left of your starting room today. I am thinking that today we start a real party and take a look at that iron maiden or do a search of the room whichever you would rather do.

Zinto 04-04-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 2634448)
I'm in the skeleton warrior room. Somebody had been here before, I don't have time to o through the thread rigt now but if I'm close to somebody let me know



If there is a pit and four skeletons then Julio and I are right by you and can meet you next movement turn.

JAG 04-04-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634441)
I'll add your map to my map and post it on Google docs. As soon as I'm done in this room I'll move back your way and we'll meet up...assuming you want to.


I definitely would like to, I think our classes should compliment each other well. It'll give you a chance to get the chest and it's goodies on the way back to me also although it's going to cost us some time.

Ragone 04-04-2012 04:40 PM

It's Entirely possible i'm in Chief's last room now.. I'm in a room with scrolls..

Autumn 04-04-2012 04:41 PM

*sigh*

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 04:41 PM

Yeah, if you don't mind spending the time to link up, I'm good with it too! I'll split what is in the chest with you when we link up.

Zinto 04-04-2012 04:42 PM

Well sorry to hear KWhit and hope all is at least ok for you Autumn

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 04:43 PM

Yeah, the first one to win The Dungeon is the first one to die in the sequel. Sucks

JAG 04-04-2012 04:44 PM

How hard do the leprechauns hit? Maybe I can take one out while I wait for you to get back and at least get some modest exp.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragone (Post 2634452)
It's Entirely possible i'm in Chief's last room now.. I'm in a room with scrolls..


Yup, the presence of the corner pretty much confirms it. You are one room behind me, and we are both along the outside skirts of the dungeon.

Are there four scrolls or three scrolls? I would guess there are three.

I appear to be in your starting room. Did you ring the gong?

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 04:46 PM

Ragone, would you like to meet up? I see you're a Bard and I am a Druid. We could use a fighter, but, whatever, two of us are better than one. We are both Qwith, so, hey, we got that going for us. ;)

Ragone 04-04-2012 04:46 PM

There are 4 scrolls.. but the room could be magical in nature, i did not ring the gong.. i had way too many bad experiences in old d&d.. and i didn't wanna die in the first move :)

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634461)
How hard do the leprechauns hit? Maybe I can take one out while I wait for you to get back and at least get some modest exp.


Hey JAG, the leprechauns are not bad IF you can get past their first magic missile. I was hit for 5 in the first encounter on a magic missile and then for 9 in the second encounter. They only seem to have one per encounter though, so that's good. They give 600 xp each I believe and they had some $ and I found a scroll on the first.

Autumn 04-04-2012 04:49 PM

Ragone, did you go right to get to the scroll room?

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragone (Post 2634464)
There are 4 scrolls.. but the room could be magical in nature, i did not ring the gong.. i had way too many bad experiences in old d&d.. and i didn't wanna die in the first move :)


Which room is magical? The one you're in or the one I am in?

I am planning on ringing the gong.

If there are four scrolls, then clearly that room resets. When I grabbed a scroll, I had to fight a Paper Sprite which was hard to hit, and I couldn't run away from it. I dealt it 9 HP damage before it died, with the last hit being a 3 HP hit, so it is at least a 7 HP creature.

Of course, maybe I got a bad dice roll and the other scrolls are actual scrolls? Who is to say you will get the Paper Sprite if you grab a scroll?

bhlloy 04-04-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2634450)
If there is a pit and four skeletons then Julio and I are right by you and can meet you next movement turn.


No mention of a pit yet, but there were 4 skeleton warriors, one in each corner. Sound like the same place?

Autumn 04-04-2012 04:51 PM

I did not know him well, but Kwhit was a good man. Well, an evil man, but good at being evil. We were sprung upon by five hands. A sight no man should have to see. They were surprised by me, not able to hear my light tread approaching and I killed one of them. Two blows later I felled another leaping hand. But they were gravely wounding me. Kwhit, Kwhit did not fare so well. He was dropped by those awful, awful hands. I had to retreat. With my wounds, and without his aid I do not think I could kill the other three.

Damn you dungeon. Damn you!

Autumn 04-04-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 2634472)
Which room is magical? The one you're in or the one I am in?

I am planning on ringing the gong.

If there are four scrolls, then clearly that room resets. When I grabbed a scroll, I had to fight a Paper Sprite which was hard to hit, and I couldn't run away from it. I dealt it 9 HP damage before it died, with the last hit being a 3 HP hit, so it is at least a 7 HP creature.

Of course, maybe I got a bad dice roll and the other scrolls are actual scrolls? Who is to say you will get the Paper Sprite if you grab a scroll?


I'm not sure it's the same room, Chief. It doesn't seem like it from the maps.

Ragone, are the scrolls on a table?

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 04:52 PM

Sorry KWhit, sorry Autumn. I pray to my goddess for mercy on you.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634470)
Ragone, did you go right to get to the scroll room?


Autumn, if you look at my map on the last page, Ragone's gong room is to the right of my Room [4]. Ragone is in Room [4] right now, and appears to have come from Room [3].

The altar room Ragone visited is presumeably to the right of Room [3] and down from the gong room I am in right now.

Zinto 04-04-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 2634474)
No mention of a pit yet, but there were 4 skeleton warriors, one in each corner. Sound like the same place?



Yep, if there are four exits one on each side then you are definitely in the same place.

Ragone 04-04-2012 04:53 PM

Well lets figure this out, my exits are right,back,left..

i went forward on day one, right on two.. and right today..

You want me to stay put in this room chief?

Yes, there are 4 scrolls in the room, i'm figuring like you said it may magically reset, i'm a bit worse for ware after the trapped pit and spider room, so little leary of having another combat

Autumn 04-04-2012 04:55 PM

Bhlloy, which way did you go to get to the skeletons?

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634476)
I'm not sure it's the same room, Chief. It doesn't seem like it from the maps.

Ragone, are the scrolls on a table?


No, I am pretty certain. Too many interconnections.

Ragone has been in a room like a cave where he fought a spider, and then went to a room with scrolls, both like me. I am now in a gong room, which is what Ragone started with.

It makes sense if you realize that (again, going off of my map) this corner of the dungeon must be to the left of the scroll room (Room [4]) and above the imp room Room [2]).

Autumn 04-04-2012 04:57 PM

Chief can you look at my Google Doc, Sheet two, at the map of your stuff (at the bottom) and of Ragone's (top left) and see if they make sense to you? I'm bad at rotating these in my head.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 04:57 PM

JAG, how many rooms have you been in and what directions did you take to get in my starting room?

bhlloy 04-04-2012 04:57 PM

Sounds like the same room Zinto. One of the exits is small person size yeah? I'd love to meet up with you guys, think that would be a hell of a team

Autumn - I went forward

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 04:58 PM

I'm hoping one of you talented bards puts together a song honoring the brave, but evil, Kwhit

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:00 PM

Interesting, so bhlloy which direction is the small exit to you?

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragone (Post 2634481)
Well lets figure this out, my exits are right,back,left..

i went forward on day one, right on two.. and right today..

You want me to stay put in this room chief?

Yes, there are 4 scrolls in the room, i'm figuring like you said it may magically reset, i'm a bit worse for ware after the trapped pit and spider room, so little leary of having another combat


I just moved up a level, so I am a little better off. My other idea was to maybe have us do parallel courses and then see if we can buy the Horse Figurine at the next Djinn sale to meet up. That way one of us doesn't have to stay put, and we can continue to explore.

But if you're not doing so hot with HP, we need to get you with me, so we can "split the damage". So I will ring the gong and stay put and wait for you. Or maybe I will go on to the altar room and you can go back to the gong room, and then I'll wait in the altar room. Either way, we're stuck in areas we have already seen for a couple days. :(

bhlloy 04-04-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634492)
Interesting, so bhlloy which direction is the small exit to you?


To the left

Zinto 04-04-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 2634488)
Sounds like the same room Zinto. One of the exits is small person size yeah? I'd love to meet up with you guys, think that would be a hell of a team

Autumn - I went forward



Yep sounds like the same room to me. If you search watch out for the pit it did five fall damage to me when I was in there. Yes so tomorrow I plan on moving to the room we just left so we can meet up.

Zinto 04-04-2012 05:05 PM

It seems at least according to my map that you started a room away from where I started.

Ragone 04-04-2012 05:05 PM

So, just to check that my orientation is correct.. i'll need to go backwards.. and you'll need to go forward?

JAG 04-04-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634487)
JAG, how many rooms have you been in and what directions did you take to get in my starting room?


I've only been in a few rooms, basically two rooms to the right of your starting room and one beyond that (though briefly). Basically once we connect we can either continue along the second ring (which should be untouched rooms as of yet, I think) or we can go to the darker bricks though I'd rather get a level or two and some upgraded equipment first.

Do you remember how many hps the leprechauns have?

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:06 PM

I won't link the maps yet, but if that's the same skeleton room then it looks like if you go forward you'd be in the room with the beds that had the ghouls in it.

Zinto, what isthe room you and Julio are in?

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634486)
Chief can you look at my Google Doc, Sheet two, at the map of your stuff (at the bottom) and of Ragone's (top left) and see if they make sense to you? I'm bad at rotating these in my head.


Here's how it should look, Autumn:

Code:


[?]---[4]---[5]---?
.|.....|.....|
.|.....|.....|
.|.....|.....|
[2]---[3]---[6]
.|.....|
.|.....|
.|.....|
.?.....?


JAG 04-04-2012 05:08 PM

Autumn, you seem to have been really screwed on room placement. What's that, like three lethal rooms around where you've traveled?

mckerney 04-04-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 2634440)
I am alive. I'm in a room with 4 exits, a star on the floor and a lamp.


Nevermind me, only two exits. I'll update the info when I can get home a.d change my map.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 05:09 PM

5 is the gong room. It is where I am at right now, and where Ragone started.
6 is the altar room Ragone visited.
4 is the scrolls room Ragone is at right now.

The other numbers conform to my previous map. I messed up, though, put a "?" along the bottom left where my room [1] should be (my starting point).

[1] My starting room (chute)
[2] Imp Room
[3] Cave/Spider Room
[4] Scroll room
[5] Gong room (Ragone's start room)
[6] Altar room

Ragone 04-04-2012 05:10 PM

What page is the link with your map on autumn?

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 05:11 PM

JAG- I think the leprechauns have about 8, maybe 10 hitpoints but they were hard to hit. I wonder if size matters?

This is my updated map with your current location and mine. There are a couple ways we can go to explore before going into the red section I think:

PB/JAG map

Zinto 04-04-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634503)
I won't link the maps yet, but if that's the same skeleton room then it looks like if you go forward you'd be in the room with the beds that had the ghouls in it.

Zinto, what isthe room you and Julio are in?



We headed forward from where I was looking, to the left of where who Julio was looking and if my map is correct to the right of the center of dungeon. There is an iron maiden in the room that we can examine.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragone (Post 2634500)
So, just to check that my orientation is correct.. i'll need to go backwards.. and you'll need to go forward?


Well, that is mixing perspectives. If you go backwards, you go back to the cave spider. If I go forwards, I go what was "left" for you in your starting room.

But now that I see the altar room has only one exit, it doesn't make sense for us to go that way. You should stay where you're at, and I will return to you tomorrow.

Then Friday, we will travel together to the spider room. And then after that (Saturday/Monday) we will finally reach a room neither of us has been.

And we know the Spider resets.

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:14 PM

So JAg the bricks didn't turn darker in that direction?

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:15 PM

Welcome to Google Docs

Ragone 04-04-2012 05:15 PM

Fair enough, think i will leave the scrolls alone today

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2634513)
We headed forward from where I was looking, to the left of where who Julio was looking and if my map is correct to the right of the center of dungeon. There is an iron maiden in the room that we can examine.


Don't you mean right from where you were headed? I thought you guys came in from opposite directions.

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:19 PM

Hmm, I guess I had the orientation wrong, you guys were coming from right angles. Okay, updated your map. What are the exits from teh iron maiden room.

dubb93 04-04-2012 05:20 PM

It was a good day for the light. The Axis of Evil is no more, and the darker bricks led to a Berzerk Trow(now deceased).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.