Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW DII - The Dungeon 2 : Dungeon Harder! GAME OVER!!! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=83748)

Zinto 04-04-2012 05:20 PM

That is what I thought also but Julio started three rooms forward from me and two rooms from my right. It is the only way I could make sense why he saw exits from left,right, and backwards while I saw them forward,backwards, and to the left. (Confusing I know) I am working on a map in paint and then you can look at it and say if I am crazy or not.

JAG 04-04-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634512)
JAG- I think the leprechauns have about 8, maybe 10 hitpoints but they were hard to hit. I wonder if size matters?

This is my updated map with your current location and mine. There are a couple ways we can go to explore before going into the red section I think:

PB/JAG map


Weird, so you're observing that same effect bhlloy did with the darker bricks changing sides. I wonder if we're on the opposite side of the dungeon as them.

If the Leps have 8-10 hps, I don't think it's a good idea for me to fight them.

We seem to have a couple different ways we could go, either you meet me in the Lep room and we go down the second ring or I could meet you in the serpent / chest room and maybe we check out the unexplored first ring room?

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:21 PM

All right, Chief, I think I finally figured that out.

Zinto 04-04-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634520)
Hmm, I guess I had the orientation wrong, you guys were coming from right angles. Okay, updated your map. What are the exits from teh iron maiden room.



Left and right. To the left is Julio's starting room.

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634516)


If my orientation is right, Autumn, the best way for you to put mine and Ragone's section is gong in D3, altar in D4, scrolls in C3, and cave in C4, imp in B4 and chute in B5.

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:22 PM

Except I wonder about the darker bricks. Did you ever see darker bricks, Chief.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634523)
Weird, so you're observing that same effect bhlloy did with the darker bricks changing sides. I wonder if we're on the opposite side of the dungeon as them.

If the Leps have 8-10 hps, I don't think it's a good idea for me to fight them.

We seem to have a couple different ways we could go, either you meet me in the Lep room and we go down the second ring or I could meet you in the serpent / chest room and maybe we check out the unexplored first ring room?


I like meeting up in the snake/chest room and then exploring the first ring room, might be a way to snag some XP for both of us before heading into the darker levels.

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:26 PM

Chief, you have exits of right and forward from gong room?

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634528)
Except I wonder about the darker bricks. Did you ever see darker bricks, Chief.


No, never saw darker bricks. That's why I think we're in a corner. Ragone and I would need to go a further spot in and then to the left from the cave room to get three rooms in (darker bricks).

Incidentally, the imp room has an exit toward the corner, and the scroll room has an exit to the same room. My guess is that room is a dungeon corner. On your map, I would put it at B2.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 05:27 PM

OH, one of the things that it'll allow me to do is study my scroll while I wait for you. I haven't done so yet but maybe I can get some info from it.

JAG, the room I'm in has a stream with an island in the middle. On the island is a pedestal with a strong looking sword. I have the choice of trying to get it. I think I'm going to try as it could end up being a lifesaver in the long run.

JAG 04-04-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634515)
So JAg the bricks didn't turn darker in that direction?


I've only been in first ring rooms. Haven't seen darker bricks.

Danny 04-04-2012 05:27 PM

Oh crap, the dungeon is like death from final destination. Im next on its list

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634532)
Chief, you have exits of right and forward from gong room?


Yes.

From Ragone's original perspective on Day One, my "forward" was his "left", my "right" was his "forward", and my "backwards" was his "right".

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 05:29 PM

So our current plan is:

I'll move back to the snake/chest room tomorrow and you'll move into the leprechaun room. I'll then wait for you in the chest room.

Danny 04-04-2012 05:30 PM

Hoops you onterested in partying up and heading to the left for me, forward for you?

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:31 PM

All rihgt, Chief, got it. I have your map on the top left corner of Sheet2 1 on the Google Doc. And yes there's one room there that seems to be in the corner. I'll be interested to see what you find around there. There were only two doors in the altar room as well, so you can't get deeper from there. This may shed some light on teh shape of the dungeon.

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:32 PM

Damn. Lost my party-mate. Didn't get any Xp or treasure. Got knocked back into the room I was already in. No signs of anyone else. grrrr.

JAG 04-04-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634530)
I like meeting up in the snake/chest room and then exploring the first ring room, might be a way to snag some XP for both of us before heading into the darker levels.


Actually, we might be better off going around the second ring. The room on the first ring there may not give us an option but to go to the darker bricks whereas the other way we can either stay on the second ring or go to the darker bricks if we need more of a challenge.

Make sure to ID the sword before you equip it. No pink writing while we travel together. ;). And try not to die too.

Hopefully your scroll is something I can scribe in my spellbook. One thing that's handy is there's little overlap in useful equipment for us, so you can get all the good armor / weapons and fighter-type things we find and I'll take Mage scrolls and such.

The Jackal 04-04-2012 05:36 PM

Foolish Moon Dancer, little did it know that music controls the life of a dancer, and the life it can taketh away. The Drunken Harp prevails, huzza! Huzzas for all of you! (Except that one person who died. No huzzas for him, only sorrow and pain, sorrow at the lack of what could have been a life full of ale, women, and conquer)

Chief Rum 04-04-2012 05:36 PM

Well, that room may remain a mystery, unless Ragone goes there. If we meet up in the scroll room and then both go to the corner. It will be sometime next week before we actually see anything new. Fastest way for us to get to new rooms is to ignore the corner and head straight to the spider cave room and beyond.

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634549)
Actually, we might be better off going around the second ring. The room on the first ring there may not give us an option but to go to the darker bricks whereas the other way we can either stay on the second ring or go to the darker bricks if we need more of a challenge.

Make sure to ID the sword before you equip it. No pink writing while we travel together. ;). And try not to die too.

Hopefully your scroll is something I can scribe in my spellbook. One thing that's handy is there's little overlap in useful equipment for us, so you can get all the good armor / weapons and fighter-type things we find and I'll take Mage scrolls and such.


Then I'll meet you in the leprechaun room and we can head the opposite way I went before, giving us some second ring rooms to look through.

The Jackal 04-04-2012 05:38 PM

Now the drunken harp will likely have to recede, as the only exits are forwards into a guzak hole (Who would want to do that?!), left towards what should be that menacing beast, unless I have gotten turned around thrice, which seems unlikely what with the lack of REFRESHMENT, and backwards to the slain imp.

We shall see comrades, we shall see.

Julio Riddols 04-04-2012 05:41 PM

Zinto and I ventured forward (According to Zintos orientation, which was a left turn for me), and found a room full of torture devices, featuring a closed Iron Maiden. What do you say Zinto? Should we open this thing?

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:42 PM

I gave bhlloy, Julio and Zinto their own sheet and combined their maps.

What confuses me is that Bhlloy saw dark bricks to the right of the wolf statue room, which should have been the room to his right when he started. So that doesn't make sense to me.

JAG 04-04-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634552)
Then I'll meet you in the leprechaun room and we can head the opposite way I went before, giving us some second ring rooms to look through.


Sounds good.

The Jackal 04-04-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2634554)
Zinto and I ventured forward, and found a room full of torture devices, featuring a closed Iron Maiden. What do you say Zinto? Should we open this thing?


Dangerous things that have been closed,
may contain more dangerous things within.

Proceed at thine own risk,
the bounty may be worth it!

The Jackal 04-04-2012 05:43 PM

For you, cat, the guzak hole has the darker bricks. The drunken harp will provide a clearer map when he has more time to contemplate and scribble and contemplate some more.

Julio Riddols 04-04-2012 05:45 PM

Also, our exits are right and left from here. I'm assuming left will take us back into my starting room, so right or backwards would probably be our next move.. Unless it seems like a good idea to put a coin on that shelf in the first room I was in.

Danny 04-04-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2634558)
For you, cat, the guzak hole has the darker bricks. The drunken harp will provide a clearer map when he has more time to contemplate and scribble and contemplate some more.


You sure seem like an expert on the guzzak "hole"

ntndeacon 04-04-2012 05:50 PM

We have entered a room very much like a dungeon. We can move forward and to the right, as well as retreat the way we came.

Danny 04-04-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634325)
Send one of those bards in! Or who was it who said he was the handsomest character here ... oh yeah, Danny.

Danny, yo'ure needed urgently!


Alright, alright, I will take one for the team

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 2634562)
We have entered a room very much like a dungeon. We can move forward and to the right, as well as retreat the way we came.


That's strange. You have gone right, left, left, according to my notes. So you should be in the room that was forward from your start room. Yet there's no door to your left, even though there was a door forward in your start room. Did you move up or down a level at all?

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2634563)
Alright, alright, I will take one from the team


I bet you will.

Zinto 04-04-2012 05:57 PM

This is what the dungeon looks like so far for Julio, Bhlloy, and myself. (I stole this format from PB completely :))

Zinto Map

Zinto 04-04-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2634554)
Zinto and I ventured forward (According to Zintos orientation, which was a left turn for me), and found a room full of torture devices, featuring a closed Iron Maiden. What do you say Zinto? Should we open this thing?



We can either open it first or search the room first which ever you believe is the better idea.

Autumn 04-04-2012 05:58 PM

It says I don't have access, Zinto. But check out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kh1dXNSWi03S1E and look at your work sheet and see if it looks right.

Zinto 04-04-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634576)
It says I don't have access, Zinto. But check out Welcome to Google Docs and look at your work sheet and see if it looks right.



Yep I didn't have it set to public, hahah but everything is the same so I believe we have it right.

Julio Riddols 04-04-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2634575)
We can either open it first or search the room first which ever you believe is the better idea.


Hmm... Gonna flip a coin - Ok, we search the room first, then open that thing in the morning after sleeping next to it all night. Maybe we will find something out about what could be inside the Iron Maiden. If Bruce Dickinson is in there, I am going to run to the hills.

CrimsonFox 04-04-2012 06:12 PM

I have killed a weassssssel and risen in power. Hoping to meet up with people ssssoon.

Autumn 04-04-2012 06:13 PM

CrimsonFox choked the weasel. Congratulations.

CrimsonFox 04-04-2012 06:14 PM

I can go forward, back (to the bath room) and left from here.

I...*falls over* Oh excussse me, I'm not feeling well. The weasssssel bit me and I'm feeling a bit woozzzzy. Can anyone heal disssseassse?

CrimsonFox 04-04-2012 06:15 PM

Where wassss it announced that Kwhit died? I missssed that.

Autumn 04-04-2012 06:20 PM

People saw it on the list, I think. I announced it as well. Pour out some stagnant water for our dear friend.

Autumn 04-04-2012 06:21 PM

CF, did you get to the weasel room from the spider room? Which direction?

CrimsonFox 04-04-2012 06:23 PM

Autumn, read my thing from yesterday. I backtracked to my original room and went the other direction. That is how I reached the weasel room. Other directions are in there too.

Autumn 04-04-2012 06:27 PM

Thanks, CF, got it.

Zinto 04-04-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2634581)
Hmm... Gonna flip a coin - Ok, we search the room first, then open that thing in the morning after sleeping next to it all night. Maybe we will find something out about what could be inside the Iron Maiden. If Bruce Dickinson is in there, I am going to run to the hills.



Alright, thoughts on partying up before searching? Or going back for Bhlloy tomorrow?

CrimsonFox 04-04-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhlloy (Post 2634448)
I'm in the skeleton warrior room. Somebody had been here before, I don't have time to o through the thread rigt now but if I'm close to somebody let me know



Eeeek I hope you sssurvive! I would come help you if I knew how to get to you.

mckerney 04-04-2012 06:55 PM

My map is updated. Was hoping someone had been in this room, but no mention of a lamp yet that I could find.

The Dungeon 2 Map

JAG 04-04-2012 06:56 PM

So I don't have my notes in front of me, but looking at Zinto's map, bhlloy saw dark bricks to his right before his most recent move and that would be next to Zinto's starting room to his left, which was not described to him as being toward the darker bricks. Something odd is going on there.

JAG 04-04-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckerney (Post 2634616)
My map is updated. Was hoping someone had been in this room, but no mention of a lamp yet that I could find.

The Dungeon 2 Map


You're in dubb's first room.

Zinto 04-04-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634617)
So I don't have my notes in front of me, but looking at Zinto's map, bhlloy saw dark bricks to his right before his most recent move and that would be next to Zinto's starting room to his left, which was not described to him as being toward the darker bricks. Something odd is going on there.



Hmm...I could have screwed up my map in someway I will take a look at it and see.

Danny 04-04-2012 07:10 PM

I AM LEVEL TWO MY BITCHEs

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 07:12 PM

Congrats Danny!

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 07:16 PM

JAG, did you share what your spells are? If not and you don't want to, no biggie, just curious.

Also, which nights are you sleeping? I slept night 2 and plan on sleeping on night 4 but can change that to 3 and stay awake night 4.

Danny 04-04-2012 07:16 PM

Thanks. I just hope I can live a bit and get to enjoy the dungeon for a while. Winning is secondary! My level two spell will help with that

Danny 04-04-2012 07:17 PM

JAG, regarding spells, I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Danny 04-04-2012 07:18 PM

I need to pick up the pace to get to 1000 again

Danny 04-04-2012 07:18 PM

Autumn is certainly on his way

Danny 04-04-2012 07:19 PM

Crimson, instead of messaging me through steam, let's just have our conversations in this thread, ok?

Danny 04-04-2012 07:22 PM

I am a little surprised no one took Trow Beserker. Would have been fun to see their combats, though they probably would have died before Kwhit

Danny 04-04-2012 07:25 PM

Hoops, I will start it, feel free to join

Danny 04-04-2012 07:26 PM

Danny joins Party PeanutButterJellyTime

Danny 04-04-2012 07:26 PM

Danny joins Party PeanutButterJellyTime

Danny 04-04-2012 07:28 PM

My first spell was Armor, my second spell I just chose is Spook

Julio Riddols 04-04-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2634608)
Alright, thoughts on partying up before searching? Or going back for Bhlloy tomorrow?


We could search, then open the maiden tomorrow morning, then move toward bhlloy if you want. A 3 man team should provide us with excellent safety in numbers.

Julio Riddols joins party "9 Lives" Is this how we party up?

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 07:50 PM

So far, here's what I've learned this time around:

Things that seem like they should be easy to kill (leprechauns) are actually a pain in the ass.

Things that seem like they should be tough to kill (giant snakes) are also a pain in the ass.

With my afternoon action, I should be able to complete the sentence, "Things look too good to be true actually..."

Zinto 04-04-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2634645)
We could search, then open the maiden tomorrow morning, then move toward bhlloy if you want. A 3 man team should provide us with excellent safety in numbers.

Julio Riddols joins party "9 Lives" Is this how we party up?



Sounds like a plan to me. Are you wanting to lead us or do you want me to take the lead?

Zinto joins Party 9 Lives

Thomkal 04-04-2012 07:56 PM

[Greenleaf the Qwith Ranger]

I am glad no one is with me to see what just happened to me, even more than being made a stable boy. I entered an unremarkable room where a very large number of butterflies, moths, and other insects fluttered on their perches. My entrance drew their attention and soon they were swarming all over me, but otherwise not causing me any harm. The chaos they produced however was so much that I failed to see a Giant Butterfly swoop on to me and attack. Yes a trained Qwith Ranger got surprised by a Giant Butterfly.

My embarrassment was nearly complete though as it did a very good job of attacking me and its dust caused me to miss a turn due to the confusion it caused several times over. I'm very lucky to have survived, but the payoff was quite nice. I am now a level 3 ranger, and I picked up a nice item and some gems as well

I'll fill you in on the exits from the room later.

Julio Riddols 04-04-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinto (Post 2634663)
Sounds like a plan to me. Are you wanting to lead us or do you want me to take the lead?

Zinto joins Party 9 Lives


I think you have a better grasp on the ins and outs of dungeoning, so be my guest. "You have my Scimitar, my lord."

Thomkal 04-04-2012 08:00 PM

I may be in need of a black market trade (with my handy scroll) for healing items if someone has any. Just getting a clarification on how many hp's I have left from the DM.

Darth Vilus 04-04-2012 08:05 PM

Is anyone at all near me? I might be thinking of joining up with some of you even though I will have to share the glory of conquering this biznatch

Darth Vilus 04-04-2012 08:05 PM

Dropped a preistess by the way

Darth Vilus 04-04-2012 08:06 PM

just fyi :D

Darth Vilus 04-04-2012 08:11 PM

And I levelled up as well

Danny 04-04-2012 08:11 PM

He then defiled the half of her corpse thay was left

Darth Vilus 04-04-2012 08:16 PM

U wish! Taurians are int some weird shit

Zinto 04-04-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio Riddols (Post 2634665)
I think you have a better grasp on the ins and outs of dungeoning, so be my guest. "You have my Scimitar, my lord."



Hahah I wish I did but my knowledge begins and ends with a few hours playing dungeon crawls but it works for this turn.

Zinto 04-04-2012 08:22 PM

Action to search the room is all sent.

Danny 04-04-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vilus (Post 2634681)
U wish! Taurians are int some weird shit


I would have defiled the innards of her kidneys, just like warm apple pie.

Darth Vilus 04-04-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2634685)
I would have defiled the innards of her kidneys, just like warm apple pie.


I rest my case :cool:

JAG 04-04-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634631)
JAG, did you share what your spells are? If not and you don't want to, no biggie, just curious.

Also, which nights are you sleeping? I slept night 2 and plan on sleeping on night 4 but can change that to 3 and stay awake night 4.


I slept night 1, so we're off schedule. I think sleeping on odd nights is the way to go so if need be we can load up at a future djinn sale, gang up for a night attack in a future room, plus be free to use the morning action to search. So if it works for you to sleep tonight that'd be good, but it depends on how your room goes.

Autumn 04-04-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2634667)
I may be in need of a black market trade (with my handy scroll) for healing items if someone has any. Just getting a clarification on how many hp's I have left from the DM.


You'd have to be in the same room, unfortunately, so trading is going to be difficult.

Autumn 04-04-2012 08:55 PM

Danny I'm at 750 XP. But I didn't get any for getting chased out of the leaping hands room. And I'm not sure I dare go into that room again, there's three left, and something scary in the library that almost killed Kwhit. Without any items, gold or an easy monster, I'm kind of stuck. Either wander away and waste a bunch of turns, but live, or dive in and stand a good chance of dying.

Autumn 04-04-2012 08:56 PM

Abe, will we be able to recover items of our fallen comrades, or do they disappear?

Autumn 04-04-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634618)
You're in dubb's first room.


Dubb's room had a lamp?

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 08:57 PM

Another of the hardest to kill craetures on Level 1 was killed today by Darth Vilus

PurdueBrad 04-04-2012 08:57 PM

Way to go Darth, congrats man!!!

JAG 04-04-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634715)
Dubb's room had a lamp?


I assume so. mckerney is in another star room and no one has revealed a lamp as being in their starting room. That leaves dubb or I and it's not mine, which had a foam spray making a star and some rocks painted to look like food.

Autumn 04-04-2012 09:02 PM

Can't believe someone's at level 3. Ugh.

Autumn 04-04-2012 09:03 PM

Makes sense, I guess, he moved two rooms to his left.

JAG 04-04-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634713)
Danny I'm at 750 XP. But I didn't get any for getting chased out of the leaping hands room. And I'm not sure I dare go into that room again, there's three left, and something scary in the library that almost killed Kwhit. Without any items, gold or an easy monster, I'm kind of stuck. Either wander away and waste a bunch of turns, but live, or dive in and stand a good chance of dying.


The other issue is you only have limited food and torches, so you may not be able to retrace your steps before they run out. I don't know if you expend those if you don't move, but sitting around for an unknown amount of turns for someone to find you doesn't seem like a winning strategy either.

Darth Vilus 04-04-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2634717)
Way to go Darth, congrats man!!!


Oh sweet, thanks :D

She never stood a chance lol.

JAG 04-04-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2634667)
I may be in need of a black market trade (with my handy scroll) for healing items if someone has any. Just getting a clarification on how many hp's I have left from the DM.


Does your scroll let someone else trade with you even if they don't have one or do both parties need one?

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2634714)
Abe, will we be able to recover items of our fallen comrades, or do they disappear?


???

Autumn 04-04-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2634726)
The other issue is you only have limited food and torches, so you may not be able to retrace your steps before they run out. I don't know if you expend those if you don't move, but sitting around for an unknown amount of turns for someone to find you doesn't seem like a winning strategy either.


I bought a few of both, so I have some resources. But I wasn't thinking of standing still, just I'd have to retrace my steps to get to a room that doesn't already occupy a monster. The room behind me has nothing in it. That's one day, and then I could either go to my start room where i could spit in the cistern, or go to a new room.

Autumn 04-04-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2634732)
???


Are Kwhit's possessions on his body if I went in that room?

Darth Vilus 04-04-2012 09:11 PM

Abe let us know when it's ok to post our PMs

Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 09:12 PM

Someone is fighting one of these:


Abe Sargent 04-04-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vilus (Post 2634737)
Abe let us know when it's ok to post our PMs


I always do


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.