Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW DII - The Dungeon 2 : Dungeon Harder! GAME OVER!!! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=83748)

Simbo Klice 04-02-2012 07:20 PM

Hey Mauboy! Don't think it's a problem to mention things like that. Was there anything to fight in this room when you first moved into it? Also, I think we'll both probably be going the same direction tomorrow since there probably won't be any monsters in starting rooms.

Abe, if we both move to the same room on the same move but aren't in a party together will we still gang up on monsters?

Danny 04-02-2012 07:21 PM

btw I screwed up and submitted my action late, so there was at least one other who also would have died

Danny 04-02-2012 07:38 PM

Darth sent me a text that he went backward out of the dungeon as his movement cause he was too scared

PurdueBrad 04-02-2012 07:38 PM

Damn, I broke my own rule and re-read the old dungeon thread and I probably made a bad call with the leprechauns but I'm sticking with it.

Zinto 04-02-2012 07:47 PM

So I went forward and found four skeletons who would have defeated me without the use of my healing ability. Now I have the option to move forward through a small door only for Guzaks and Dvergr or left and right. More than likely I am moving left or right next since I am afraid of coughing up a fur ball and biting the dust in the higher level area right now.

Zinto 04-02-2012 07:50 PM

Oh and if anyone ended up in the room behind me it has a tapestry and exits forward and left

PurdueBrad 04-02-2012 08:04 PM

Man, forgot how much I loved the first game. Glad to be back in this one.

Abe Sargent 04-02-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonFox (Post 2633058)
bump [what do we do with 2 more actions? And I assume it's in the room we ended up in?]


Yes, these actions are in that room. You can search, cast some spells, use items, and do all of the actions in the rules during these non-movement tur ns.

Abe Sargent 04-02-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2633078)
Damn, I broke my own rule and re-read the old dungeon thread and I probably made a bad call with the leprechauns but I'm sticking with it.


I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use the old thread as an encyclopedia for this one, especially since many things changed...muahaha ;)

Abe Sargent 04-02-2012 08:48 PM

My clock in my office is fast and reads 9:04 so I went ahead and sent out a few pms. Sorry about that, but don't mention anything until post oollie ollie oxen free

PurdueBrad 04-02-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2633100)
I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use the old thread as an encyclopedia for this one, especially since many things changed...muahaha ;)


I kind of figure (and honestly, after reading) hope things have changed in this case but I only fear that they got worse. But as I said above, I'm holding firm to my pre-read choice despite the ominous feeling that is growing inside me.

Speaking of growing, maybe when these leprechauns hit puberty and hit the 42" it takes to ride this ride then, and only then, will I take them seriously.

mauchow 04-02-2012 08:53 PM

Kimbo Slice - I went "Right" from my previous room where I could have gone forward left or right. If I was you, I'd go the way i came and go left. A nice item for you could be in there.

Autumn 04-02-2012 09:02 PM

mauboy and simbo, can you tell me anything about the rooms you started in?

Abe Sargent 04-02-2012 09:02 PM

Someone is fighting one of these:



Autumn 04-02-2012 09:04 PM

So, Zinto, julio and I are the only ones who can fit through the small entrances. No dvergar in the game Im' surprised to see.

The Jackal 04-02-2012 09:06 PM

Water > Cat ?

mckerney 04-02-2012 09:08 PM

I stayed put hoping someone might come into the same room as me, though I am still alone. Now thinking I probably should have moved after realizing how many rooms there are.

Autumn 04-02-2012 09:13 PM

Somebody must have done something in their room to evoke that. I didn't find diddly squat in Goo Land.

Thomkal 04-02-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2633127)
Someone is fighting one of these:




Is that a water weird?

JAG 04-02-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2633127)
Someone is fighting one of these:




Looks scary for a level 1 monster

mauchow 04-02-2012 09:26 PM

Shucks, Simbo beat me to the chest in the room we were in.

The room that I started out in had a very nice staff in it. I could not remove it however.

Abe Sargent 04-02-2012 09:28 PM

AFTERNOON Actions are done. Evening actions due at 1:00 am. DAY Two morning actions at 10 am tomorrow

Abe Sargent 04-02-2012 09:28 PM

I am at 193 pms so I am deleiting some more oldies

PurdueBrad 04-02-2012 09:30 PM

Wow, ouch. Leprechaun was tough. Took down half my hit points but I slayed the little monster.

PurdueBrad 04-02-2012 09:35 PM

And, because I'm stupid, I'm going to take on another one. We'll see how that goes...

Autumn 04-02-2012 09:40 PM

nice knowing you PB!

Poli 04-02-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2633136)
Looks scary for a level 1 monster

Scooby Doo, where are you?

Thomkal 04-02-2012 09:52 PM

[Greenleaf the Qwith Ranger]

I should have known it was too good to be true. When I touched a long sword on one of the racks, it animated and tried to kill me! And it was doing a good job of it too. But I managed to survive and now I have a deanimated long sword and a lot of my own blood shed. I'm sure the dungeon creators found this room to be quite amusing. I however found it to be quite annoying.

And apparently they want to be amused again as I can animate another weapon tomorrow if I wish. I'm sorry to disappoint you dungeon creators but I will be moving on after I get a chance to get a look at this sword in the morning.

Abe Sargent 04-02-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2633135)
Is that a water weird?


No, it's a small water elemental

Abe Sargent 04-02-2012 09:54 PM

Only Sis'shar can take an action tonight, and remember, if you take an action tonight, you may not take one tomorrow night, since you have to sleep every other night.

The Jackal 04-02-2012 09:59 PM

(If I didn't receive a PM, do I just assume I went backwards, or what?)

Thomkal 04-02-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2633167)
No, it's a small water elemental


Yikes

The Jackal 04-02-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 2633171)
(If I didn't receive a PM, do I just assume I went backwards, or what?)


(Haha, nevermind, I sent you an email from my work email)

CrimsonFox 04-02-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 2633150)
Wow, ouch. Leprechaun was tough. Took down half my hit points but I slayed the little monster.



Don't let those little blarney stones tickle you!

CrimsonFox 04-02-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2633127)
Someone is fighting one of these:




one of THOSSSSSSSE? That'ssssss weird. :)

Julio Riddols 04-02-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2633025)
CF, want to lisp us some details about your rooms?

Julio, which direction did you go to get to your room? And what was in your first room?


My first room had a shelf and a rug in it. I thought about putting a gold coin on the shelf but passed on it and went forward into the new room after searching around the first room I was in. After killing a dickhead fire imp, I used the forge in the second room to make a scimitar just now, so I feel a bit safer going forward with that in my hands.. I just need to investigate it and see what exactly I have forged.

ntndeacon 04-02-2012 10:34 PM

We were abe to dispatch said water elemental with a quick snicker snee with our mighty Ax. It were barely worth our trouble, It did however leave a bit of its essence which we bottled up quite nicely.

CrimsonFox 04-02-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 2633196)
We were abe to dispatch said water elemental with a quick snicker snee with our mighty Ax. It were barely worth our trouble, It did however leave a bit of its essence which we bottled up quite nicely.


Well done! Hearty congratulationsssssss....

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2633077)
Darth sent me a text that he went backward out of the dungeon as his movement cause he was too scared



Oh you wish you lesser being! I wasn't the one who had my ass kicked today!
For your sake I hope we never meet in this dungeon :devil:

Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 01:00 AM

Time for the evening actions

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2632831)
Did you try riding the horse or talking to it?


Sorry I forgot to say. So in the first room there was a hastily painted purple star on the ground and the paint was still wet. There was a small horse in there which i had the option to pet which I tried to do but it turned out to be an illusion.

There were exits forward and left and I chose to go left.

The second room was a normal wooden room with wooden walls, floor and ceiling with exits back and right. I did however find an invisible Chameleon Man who tried so unwisely to kill me.

I dropped him like the bitch he was :D
Without even taking a scratch mind you!

Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 01:06 AM

All evenign actions are process.

Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 01:07 AM

We used our last shield just now. We protected four of you from death today, but our Magic is used up. Please do not allow our efforts on your behalf to fail.

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 01:14 AM

4? Dang what weaklings!

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 01:18 AM

Black Market Offer

I have a leather armor if anyone wants it. I'll trade for something good that a Bard can use or 80 Gold, either way. If no one wants it I'm gonna sell it and it'll cost way more at the Djinni sale. Anyone interested?

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 01:19 AM

And you have to meet me in the next room obviously

CrimsonFox 04-03-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vilus (Post 2633317)
Black Market Offer

I have a leather armor if anyone wants it. I'll trade for something good that a Bard can use or 80 Gold, either way. If no one wants it I'm gonna sell it and it'll cost way more at the Djinni sale. Anyone interested?


We have to be in the same room to trade though yes?

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 01:26 AM

yes we do

Autumn 04-03-2012 01:27 AM

You don't have to be in the same room guys. Check the rules in the first page.

CrimsonFox 04-03-2012 01:27 AM

My good bard, I offer this scroll. I cannot read it, but perhapssss you can and make the besssst use of it.

Autumn 04-03-2012 01:28 AM

Even a silly cat like me knows that.

I'm trying to decide whether to go back and check out that cistern or continue left today.

CrimsonFox 04-03-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2629209)
Rules Post #6 - Items



The Black Market –


Player may also trade items out here in the thread. When a player finds an item, and does not want it, they may post the item here.

If a player sells an identified magic item to the Djinnis, or trades it with another, it remains identified. If it is found on the corpse of a player, it will have to be identified again.

In order to trade, one person must post, in bold:

“Black Market:
Steve will give Jay his Ring of Abe
Jay will give Steve his Wand of Sargent”

And then the other person must post the same. Once both players have posted it, in bold, the trade is made as that turn (as soon as I can process it), and may be used in combat or actions later that day. Objects cannot be traded more than once per day and you do have to be in the same room to trade. Trading does not require an action.

You may also trade a service for gold or an item. In order to trade a service, you must be in the same room similar to trading objects, and then use the same post outline as above. For example:

“Black Market:
Steve will use Cure Light Wounds on Jay
Jay will give Steve 25 gold”

Just remember you have to be in the same room when you trade services and/or items.



see boldface

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2629209)
The Black Market –

Just remember you have to be in the same room when you trade services and/or items.



I did read the rules

Autumn 04-03-2012 01:34 AM

what the funk, I just read htat and could have sworn it said "do not"

That's a huge change from last game. Huh, I guess joining a party is going to be way more necessary this time around.

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 01:36 AM

Yeah it does suck alright

CrimsonFox 04-03-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Vilus (Post 2633332)
Yeah it does suck alright


I am interessssted Sir Vilus and have a ssscroll to trade. I believe it may be magical but I cannot read it.

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 01:43 AM

If we meet up after the movement phase we'll talk =)

CrimsonFox 04-03-2012 01:45 AM

Yesssss. GOod point. I've ssssomething else....NOt sssure what it issss yet nor if you can ussssse it. I know I cannot.

Darth Vilus 04-03-2012 02:08 AM

What is it? i don't know how useful the scroll will be, that might be better suited to a battle mage or something

Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 02:44 AM

I'm off ot bed, see ya tomorroa

Simbo Klice 04-03-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1 (Post 2633119)
Kimbo Slice - I went "Right" from my previous room where I could have gone forward left or right. If I was you, I'd go the way i came and go left. A nice item for you could be in there.


That's interesting, I also went "right" from my first room, with my only choices being forward or right. I can't work out where we could have started in reference to each other if we both truly were facing inward at the start of the dungeon. I think the items in the first rooms are just markers so people have a point of reference to where they started when others enter the room.

Well mauboy, the chest had a Spike Trap that hit me for 4 damage (NBD, I healed myself automatically) and an unusual torch, as well as 120 gold. I'm thinking the torch may be either part of a prestige set or it just provides continuous light. I'll at least cut you in on the gold, if it turns out that I stop needing my torches I'll send those to you at that point.

Black Market
Simbo Klice gives mauboy1 60 Gold.

Autumn 04-03-2012 06:51 AM

I wasn't sure about teaming up before, but if you have to be in the same room to trade services and goods, I think it makes sense. I can offer my ability to pick licks, disarm traps, climb and find stuff to a party, hopefully in return for some muscle, the ability to identify items and maybe some badass magic or healing. I will continue towards my left later today and maybe run into one of you first ring guys.

CrimsonFox 04-03-2012 07:00 AM

OVer the tub wassss a blue ssstar.

Thomkal 04-03-2012 07:03 AM

4 protected from death on day 1? Definitely Dungeon harder!

Simbo Klice 04-03-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2633384)
I wasn't sure about teaming up before, but if you have to be in the same room to trade services and goods, I think it makes sense. I can offer my ability to pick licks, disarm traps, climb and find stuff to a party, hopefully in return for some muscle, the ability to identify items and maybe some badass magic or healing. I will continue towards my left later today and maybe run into one of you first ring guys.


Pretty sure you don't have to be in the same room to trade things. That being said...

mauboy, with 4 people almost dying yesterday and there only being one room for us to go to that isn't a starting room, I think we should team up at least for the next room. I have a Cure Light Wounds spell so I can restore 10 HP to either of us, and I think your bow shot would definitely come in handy. Let me know if you're interested.

Autumn 04-03-2012 07:19 AM

You definitely didn't have to be last Dungeon game, Simbo. But it appears to be different this time around, unless Abe made A LOT of typos, lol.

Simbo Klice 04-03-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2633389)
You definitely didn't have to be last Dungeon game, Simbo. But it appears to be different this time around, unless Abe made A LOT of typos, lol.


Oh crap. I guess you're right, even with it bolded I misread.

CrimsonFox 04-03-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomkal (Post 2633386)
4 protected from death on day 1? Definitely Dungeon harder!


bhlloy jussssst got more valuabe. :) that issss if he can sssurvive himsssself. Perhapssss a strong defender should find him. :)

mauchow 04-03-2012 07:58 AM

Okay, Simbo Klice and I will ally up for now!

JAG 04-03-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2633330)
what the funk, I just read htat and could have sworn it said "do not"


This is becoming a trend. ;)

Simbo Klice 04-03-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1 (Post 2633394)
Okay, Simbo Klice and I will ally up for now!


Awesome! Make sure you accept my gold- Just repost what I put in bold there. Also, we both have to officially state our intention to party up and name a leader to send the moves. It can be either of us, I know I'll be around for at least the full phase today. Just repost one of these two, whichever way you want to go.

Simbo Klice and mauboy1 form Party Time, Simbo Klice is the leader.


Simbo Klice and mauboy1 form Party Time, mauboy1 is the leader.

PurdueBrad 04-03-2012 08:16 AM

Wow, I was one of those 4 that was protected from death. Tried to fight one more leprechaun, ended up having to fight two...bad idea.

Sheesh!

PurdueBrad 04-03-2012 08:28 AM

I too have a scroll that I cannot read that will certainly be available in trade as well as five days of food. So if I ever meet up with any of you scroll readers, I'll have something for you.

Autumn 04-03-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAG (Post 2633396)
This is becoming a trend. ;)


It really is. I blame sleep deprivation and stress. But the fact that a large part of my job involves carefully editing text is a bit worrisome.

Autumn 04-03-2012 09:24 AM

So by my count we have nine folks still in the first ring of rooms, 7 in the second, and four unaccounted for. I plan on moving to the left again and hopefully bumping into someone in the first ring.

First ring: Autumn NTN JAG Hoopsguy kimbo mauboy darth mckerney danny

Second ring: Zinto PB Thomkal Jackal bhlloy ragone CrimsonFox Julio

Autumn 04-03-2012 09:26 AM

Oops add simbo to that first ring. Only Kwhit, chief and dubb we don't know about.

PurdueBrad 04-03-2012 09:30 AM

I plan on skirting the second ring today rather than delving deeper. Maybe/hopefully I'll bump into somebody.

Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 10:09 AM

morning all

mauchow 04-03-2012 10:30 AM


Simbo Klice and mauboy1 form Party Time, Simbo Klice is the leader.
Mauboy accepts 60 gold


Go ahead and take care of today I am driving all day today then a meeting till about 6.

PurdueBrad 04-03-2012 10:32 AM

Hiya Abe!!!

Autumn 04-03-2012 10:32 AM

Oooh, our first duo. They're so cute together.

Autumn 04-03-2012 10:33 AM

Abe, you blackhearted tyrant, why oh why must you change the trading rules.

PurdueBrad 04-03-2012 10:35 AM

Yeah Autumn, looks like teaming is going to be MUCH more important here. I'm hoping to find one today or tomorrow at the latest.

Autumn 04-03-2012 10:51 AM

Do either of you mages have the Identify spell? Or is just our bards at the moment we can rely on for that?

Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 11:12 AM

Sorry, had an emergency I got called out for. It's not common, but it does happen. I am processing mornings now, and if anyone gets it too late to getht ehir movmenet in on time, I'll stretch the movmeent deadline for them on a case by case basis, just lmk

Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauboy1 (Post 2633512)

Simbo Klice and mauboy1 form Party Time, Simbo Klice is the leader.
Mauboy accepts 60 gold


Go ahead and take care of today I am driving all day today then a meeting till about 6.


Trade Done

dubb93 04-03-2012 11:13 AM

I had the power of the light on my side as I vanquished a zombie in a single swing.

I picked up a weapon, but as I have no one near me I will not share what it is. Needless to say, I will not be using it. There are however others among us who could benefit from it.

bhlloy 04-03-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2633532)
Sorry, had an emergency I got called out for. It's not common, but it does happen. I am processing mornings now, and if anyone gets it too late to getht ehir movmenet in on time, I'll stretch the movmeent deadline for them on a case by case basis, just lmk


vote abe

JAG 04-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2633061)
So again, initial room had a throne on it (which I sat on and did nothing) with exits foward and to the right.

I went to the right, encountered four guzzaks and they would have killed me if not for pixies coming to my rescue. Pretty sure Abe planned to stick me in the room right next to four monsters


Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny (Post 2633062)
My exits for this room are backward, forward, and right for Dvergr or Guzak


So you remained in the room with the guzaks or got knocked back to your starting room? If you're still in the 4 guzak room, you said there was an exit to your right and with your orientation, that would take you out of the dungeon (if you could fit through it). That seems odd. If you're back in your starting room, that would mean you got a new exit to the room and another one changed to only allow small characters through.

JAG 04-03-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2633523)
Do either of you mages have the Identify spell? Or is just our bards at the moment we can rely on for that?


I didn't pick Identify. You can still investigate an item, it just isn't guaranteed to work (I think) and requires an action.

The Jackal 04-03-2012 11:25 AM

The Drunken Harp is already going backwards while everyone else is killing zombies and leprechauns. Poor cowardly drunken harp.

Autumn 04-03-2012 11:28 AM

Nothing to report in my room. Just stomping on goo and waiting to leave.

PurdueBrad 04-03-2012 11:33 AM

Searched the leprechaun room and nothing doing. I'm heading through the smaller opening, hoping to meet somebody in the second ring.

Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 11:40 AM

One of you had to fight this:



Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 11:40 AM

Actions all processed. See you at the Movement Action

Simbo Klice 04-03-2012 11:46 AM

Sweet. Everburning Torch, no further need of torches for this guy!

Simbo Klice gives mauboy1 4 torches.

I assume you won't need them until we part ways... I'm still trying to decipher which way we should go to not end back up in one of our starting rooms, if we both went right to get here. Gonna have to PM with Abe to figure this out I think.

Simbo Klice 04-03-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 2633557)
One of you had to fight this:




... The vaunted Poop-Covered Spider. Nice.

Autumn 04-03-2012 11:51 AM

What are the ways out of your room Simbo?

Ragone 04-03-2012 11:52 AM

I kinda triggered a trap... stung a bit.. no big deal.. Got myself a spear, and an Scroll of Spook.. Probably going to be heading to Djinni Sale today.. Let me know if someone wants to trade for the Scroll

Abe Sargent 04-03-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simbo Klice (Post 2633565)
... The vaunted Poop-Covered Spider. Nice.


Is this better for ya?




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.