Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Dungeon!- GAME OVER!!!!!! (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=70571)

Abe Sargent 02-08-2009 01:40 PM

The Dungeon!- GAME OVER!!!!!!

Hello all and welcome to The Dungeon! This is the actual game thread. In here you can talk about starting positions, strategy, items, rumors, classes, races, monsters, skills, and anything game related for the duration of your stay. Once you are dead, you are asked to stop posting in here.

You are not allowed to pm other players about the game itself, do all of your talking out here. Also, please do not edit your posts. Only I get to do that ;)

I will be highlighting certain rules here, but the full rules of the game are here:

The Unoffical FOFC-WW RPG Rules - The Dungeon! Q&A Thread - Front Office Football Central

However, please ask further rules questions in here, and not in the rules thread.

Happy Hunting Adventurers!

Abe Sargent 02-08-2009 01:41 PM

Here is the roster of players, with Class/Race. Please verify that you are correct:

1. Qwikshot, Sis'sharr Wizard
2. Chief Rum, Dvergr Cleric - Level 7. Died Day 22 to the Giant Wheel Trap in Dungeon Level 4.
3. boberot, Dvergr Cleric
4. Daddy Torgo, A rather attractive Female Human Paladin. You want to get some of this!
5. Poli, Human Bard, Townsaver, Level 10 - Winner, Day 23 Afternoon after slaying the Qulythulg and its minions
6. gi, Qwith Cleric - Level 3. Died Day 4 fighting a Sonic Elemental in Dungeon Level 2.
7. Purdue Brad, Sis'Sharr Scout. Level 5, died Day 19 fighting a Frost Giant in Dungeon level 3
8. JAG, Dvergr Cleric, Level 10 - Winner, Day 22 Morning after praying at the Altar of the Gods
9. Mustang, Qwith Scout - Level 3, died Day 6 fighting a Whipsting in Dungeon Level 1
10. chesapeake, Human Artificer, Dragonslayer - Level 10, Winner, Day 24 Movement, After Slaying an Invisible Stalker
11. Kwhit, Sis'sharr Warrior, Level 10 - Winner, Day 20 Evening, After Solving the Castle Kitchen Murders
12. Passacaglia, Human Bard
13. Dubb93, Trow Cleric
14. ntndeacon, Dvergr Cleric
15. PackerFanatic, Qwith Scout
16. The Jackal, Sis'sharr Cleric, Level 7, died Day 22 in gladiatorial combat with chesapeake in Dungeon Level 4
17. Thomkal, Human Artificer
18. Danny, Trow Warrior, Townsaver, Dragonslayer, Level 10 - Winner, Day 21 Afternoon, After slaying Euplatious, the Red Dragon

Later today (Sunday) room info well be sent to you. The game will begin on Monday Morning. The first action will be processed at 10:00 am tomorrow morning, and you can send it in anytime. Please note that you have just one action before the move action tomorrow afternoon. As such, be careful with your actions if you want to move out of the starting room.

The Day:

Each day is divided into the following:

Morning Action Deadline - 10 am
Movement Deadline - 4 pm
Afternoon Action Deadline - 9 pm
Evening Action Deadline - 1 am

(All times are EST)

You may take one action during each action phase. If you want to do a non-action (such as heal) that will be done in the same pm and at the same time.

Although this game has more deadlines that normal, I suspect it will not require your participation as much as some games in the past. As long as you check in around the deadlines, you should be fine.

Remembering that most characters will not even need to make the Evening Action Deadline, since you will need to sleep, you will only need to worry about the other three deadlines. You don't even have to send a pm for the Evening if you are sleeping, it is automatically assumed. If you want to do stuff for the evening regularly, take the Sis'Sharr race or trade for all of the items that allows you to take an Evening Action.

In a normal WW game, many players find themselves logging on and reading and doing a lot of catch up at a variety of times during the day, and the time commitment can be an hour or more per day with one deadline. here, the amount of time should be much less (unless you want it to be more) with fewer posts and info in the thread. However, you have more deadlines during the day.

Here are the highlights of a few rules:

Winning the Game

Players leave the game in one of two ways. Either they die in battle, or they reach level ten. Once a player reaches level ten, they have won the game. Any player who is level ten is retired from the game. Retired players have won the game. The game continues until we have five winners, or everybody is dead or the time limit runs out. Retired and dead players may not continue to participate during the game.

You do not know how long you have before time runs out. You will be given a warning a few days before it happens.

The Black Market -

Player may also trade items out here in the thread. When a player finds an item, and does not want it, they may post the item here. You cannot lie about the item, but you are not required to tell the whole truth. Suppose a player found a ring, and discovered it was cursed. They could post that they found a magic ring, and then someone else might have a magic hat, and they trade. You are not required to say it is cursed, but you cannot lie and say it isn’t cursed. Any player who lies, inadvertently or vertently, will lose a small percentage of their experience points.

If a player sells an identified magic item to the Djinnis, or trades it with another, it remains identified. If it is found on the corpse of a player, it will have to be identified again.

In order to trade, one person must post, in bold:

“Black Market:
Steve will give Jay his Ring of Abe
Jay will give Steve his Wand of Sargent”

And then the other person must post the same. Once both players have posted it, the trade is made as that turn (as soon as I can process it), and may be used in combat or actions later that day. Objects cannot be traded more than once per day. You do not have to be in the same room to trade and trading does not require an action.

You may also trade a service for gold or an item. In order to trade a service, you must be in the same room, and then use the same post as above. For example:

“Black Market:
Steve will use Cure Light Wounds on Jay
Jay will give Steve 25 gold”

Just remember you have to be in the same room when you trade services, but not items. Any service conceivably useful to another can be sold. If you are a scout in a room with another player who has a small chest they carry with them that is locked, you could sell your services as a lockpicker extraordinaire, an Artificer could sell the ability to automatically identify your item(s) for a price, a Paladin or Mage could cast Detect magic for you, and so forth.

Note that you CAN exchange services and goods even if you are paralyzed, petrified, and so forth. If someone nasty has turn you to stone, you can negotiate for that nice cleric or person with a Turn Stone to Flesh Scroll to help you.

Actions:

These are the actions you can choose.

Sleep - This can only be chosen at night. Most characters will choose this most nights, although Sis’Sharr can operate every other night, giving them a lot more actions available to them. All players must sleep during the night phase unless they are Sis’Sharr or have an item that allows them to act. It is assumed that all players are sleeping in the Night Action, unless they say otherwise. No pm needed for that. That means most players can ignore the Night Action phase.

Search - This action searches for hidden doors, traps and other secret goodies. Although all characters can take this action, some are going to be better than others based on race, class, items, and spell selection. If you know spells, such as Detect Evil or Detect Magic, they will be used automatically as part of your search. If you have an item which does so, you will need to tell me that you are using them when you pm me your search.

Pick Locks - This action can only be taken by Scouts. It will attempt to pick a lock on a chest or door.

Disarm Traps - This action can only be taken by Scouts. It will attempt to disarm a trap. Higher level thieves will instead try to dissemble traps where appropriate.

Set Traps - This action can only be taken by Scouts, and only when they have at least one trap in their inventory. Select the trap you want to set. It could hit a player….

Trigger Trap - If a non-Scout finds a trap, they can trigger the trap to set it off, and then access the area, door, chest, or whatever is trapped. Since you do not know anything about traps, you are likely to hit yourself, and who knows what will happen. Not for the fearful of heart.

Bash Object - If you are a non-Scout, you can try to open a door or chest by bashing it. You may take some damage, it will be very noisy, and you may break some items inside chests.

Use Object - Some items give you an option for an action. Some objects may duplicate actions (such as a Wand of Lock Picking) and others may give you a unique action. The object description will tell you what is what.

Investigate Item - You spend your time investigating an item, trying to find clues about it. You will wield a sword, wear a ring, look for runes, taste a potion, try to use a wand and wave your hands in an attempt to discover what the item does. At the end of this action, you may know if an item is magical, and if you are lucky, what properties it has. Choose what item you would like to investigate when you take this action.

Cast Spell - A variety of spells read that they must or can be used as actions. You may cast one as your action for the phase.

Room Actions - You may get options based on the room you enter. Perhaps there is a fountain. Would you like to drink from it? Perhaps there is a chair. Would you like to sit in it?

Go to Djinni Sale - This action may only be chosen during the Afternoon every even numbered day. Tell me in the pm if you’d like to sell and/or buy and what items interest you.

Food:

You begin the game with five days worth of rations. During the game will automatically consume one ration during the movement phase (except for Sis‘Sharr who do not need to eat). You will have to find more food during the course of the game, or buy some from the Djinni Sale. If you ever run out of food, your character will be paralyzed until the next Djinni Sale, at which point you must buy food from the Djinnis and then you can begin adventuring again.

Abe Sargent 02-08-2009 01:47 PM

Over seventy-five years ago, the people of Intaria were unorganized and meat for various marauding monsters, until a large band of adventurers committed to ridding the nation of many of its problems, and began to administer the area.

Decades later, the retired adventurers have passed laws discouraging the populace from becoming adventurers themselves. Instead, the older adventurers use their contacts in the adventuring world to complete various tasks, such as raising dungeons, investigating ruins, killing rogue bands of monsters, and so forth. Since adventuring is the fastest way to wealth and riches, many young locals resented the rules.

In order to demonstrate the harsh reality of adventuring, the rulers decided to create a sprawling underground complex of rooms with various monsters, items, obstacles, traps and more. Any native Intarians interested in becoming adventurers were given a small amount of equipment and ushered into the labyrinth at the beginning of each month. The first five would-be adventurers that reached a sufficient amount of experience were declared official adventurers and could try to formalize their lives of fame and glory and adventure. Those who survived but did not win would re-acclimate to the normal lives, with additional wisdom and experience from their plights in the dungeon. Some would die there, and would not make it.

You are the top applicants to be adventurers, and have been granted access to the dungeon. You have a piece of armor, a weapon on your choice, 5 days of rations and 50 gold. Your initial rooms are oriented such that forward faces the center of the dungeon. Good luck!

Abe Sargent 02-08-2009 01:57 PM

REmOVED for NEXT GAME

DaddyTorgo 02-08-2009 02:17 PM

I'm the only Paladin? I'm now accepting offers to join bands and offer my unique talents.

PurdueBrad 02-08-2009 02:54 PM

As a Sis'Sharr scout, I am willing to help and aide anyone in any way I can. DT, if you find yourself in the need of a scout, let me know.

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 03:18 PM

There are many Dvergr Clerics. But I am the best one.

And here I would like to offer my services to Qwikshot, the only Wizard in our grouping. I will work to protect you as you improve your craft.

Daddy Torgo and Purdue Brad, it seems to me you both would also be good fits. There is only one Warrior in our grouping as well, and that is KWhit, but I do not know if it is better to have a Sis'sharr Warrior is a better armed warrior than a Human Paladin. So I will ask DT instead first if he would wish to join forces.

As for PB, we all need a scout, and PB has already offered his services to DT.

If Qwikshot joins us, we will quickly become a powerful group to deal with, I think.

Abe Sargent 02-08-2009 04:09 PM

In a few moments, I will begin assigning people to starting locations (randomly of course). I will the send out pms of the beginning location to individuals. Please do not post any info i send you until I post that I have sent out all info. Then post away.

PurdueBrad 02-08-2009 04:10 PM

Abe, quick question. Even though I'm a Sis'Sharr, do I still start with 5 days worth of food? If so, is this something that I could share with another player or group as we progress?

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Sargent (Post 1939821)
In a few moments, I will begin assigning people to starting locations (randomly of course). I will the send out pms of the beginning location to individuals. Please do not post any info i send you until I post that I have sent out all info. Then post away.

Oh, so we don't start in the same place? That might make being a group harder. ;)

Abe Sargent 02-08-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1939824)
Abe, quick question. Even though I'm a Sis'Sharr, do I still start with 5 days worth of food? If so, is this something that I could share with another player or group as we progress?

Yup, sell, trade, etc.

Abe Sargent 02-08-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1939830)
Oh, so we don't start in the same place? That might make being a group harder. ;)

You can be groups. Trade items with each other long distance. Try to find each other. You can adventure with someone you find. If you and Bob are in teh same room, you could talk to each other here and then both agree to go the same direction next time, etc.

ntndeacon 02-08-2009 04:43 PM

Ahh Chief again you show how wrong you can be. Clearly the best of us Dvergr Clerics is myself.

Abe Sargent 02-08-2009 04:44 PM

Everybody should have a pm waiting for them called "Beginning Room." The Dungeon! has begun.

You may pm your choice for tomorrow morning's action any time. For your conveinence, I copied the actions rule and pasted them above.

May fortune carry you! May your sword arm be strong andy our spell arm be quick.

Qwikshot 02-08-2009 04:59 PM

"Ah, yes, well...magic is as magic does...and considering that a mouse could probably thrash me, I'd adore being in larger numbers, because you just cannot have too many friends. But it looks like I'll have to find you all before we can all join...now if I can just get my spell book organized and stop stumbling into walls..."

PurdueBrad 02-08-2009 05:03 PM

I've found myself in a room with a trio of choices, one of which includes taking a chute. Most importantly, however, may be the large pulsating star on the floor.

If we are unable to group and you find yourself desperately in need of food, you have a friend in the maze. However, I still think grouping is our best hope as we can balance out a strong fighting force, searching force, and magic/healing force.

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 05:06 PM

There's a star on the floor of my room as well.

BTW, can anyone use a sword?

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 05:06 PM

I have two exits. One forward and one right. Natural instinct says to go forward, so, of course, I am leaning to going right.

Qwikshot 02-08-2009 05:31 PM

"Funny thing, got a hastily painted purple star here...and a horse..."

PurdueBrad 02-08-2009 05:45 PM

Chief, is your star pulsating? Trying to figure out if one is different from the rest as mine pulsates, Qwik's is painted.

dubb93 02-08-2009 06:23 PM

I have a star inlaid in the floor of my room. Nothing special about it from what I can see, it is just there.

The Jackal 02-08-2009 06:46 PM

I have a cistern in my room that I could interact with, but I haven't decided yet.

PurdueBrad 02-08-2009 07:05 PM

Got a little more info on the chute in my room. It is not an exit, stays in room, along the lines of maybe a kid's slide kind of thing. I'm thinking I'll try it although realize it could be an early danger.

KWhit 02-08-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1939849)
There's a star on the floor of my room as well.

BTW, can anyone use a sword?

Funny you should ask. I specialize in longsword.

KWhit 02-08-2009 07:37 PM

I have a mirror in my room. I can ask it a single question. Any ideas?

PurdueBrad 02-08-2009 07:42 PM

I will try to map my locations as I go. I've never tried it before in any game but I will try here to see if I can share any information, particularly if we get lucky and people venture through similar rooms.

One possibility, as I'm assuming we're all on the outer edge of the dungeon. What happens if half of us move and half don't (or do things in their room, like my slide), maybe we could get lucky and stumble into each other as long as the movers are able to skirt the dungeon rather than plunging deeper.

Personally, I wouldn't mind teaming up with someone as I can be an aide to them and yet I could likely use the aide of either a magician or a warrior. I believe that I can offer advantages as well, such as no food use, ability to search rooms when you have to rest (every other day), I can disarm traps, and I have the ambush attack benefit. So I'm hoping we can form a small team along the way.

Qwikshot 02-08-2009 07:52 PM

"Hmm...yes...well, I'm going to search the room, I'm amazed by this horse, but I want to determine there are no traps about, ven if it is just my starting point."

KWhit 02-08-2009 08:02 PM

I have a star carved in the floor of my room too, FYI.

PurdueBrad 02-08-2009 08:07 PM

After reading about actions, I believe I am going to search my room (more worried about traps than anything else) and then use the chute before moving out of the room on my third action. So one of you may get lucky and bounce into my room depending on how far away we are from each other.

Danny 02-08-2009 08:20 PM

I am in a room with 16 different icons that have initials and a sign reading "danger befall that which you select". I'm debating whether to step on the PB icon or the KW icon.

PurdueBrad 02-08-2009 08:21 PM

Danny, I was about to proudly tell you to choose the PB one and then I thought to double-check the player list...jerk!

funny though!

Danny 02-08-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1939929)
Danny, I was about to proudly tell you to choose the PB one and then I thought to double-check the player list...jerk!

funny though!

:)

I wanted to take a game off, but I'll be following along.

Poli 02-08-2009 08:38 PM

There's a fount here that sprays in a star,
Though I can't say I know how far,
Left or right I can go,
Though which way I don't know,
Is the way to get me home to the bar!

Poli 02-08-2009 08:51 PM

(doh, turns out I can go forward as well)

The Jackal 02-08-2009 08:51 PM

Perhaps the Sis'Sharr should band together, we do after all have a wizard, warrior, scout, and cleric.

PackerFanatic 02-08-2009 09:15 PM

There is a gong in my room, and I am definitely going to ring it :)

PackerFanatic 02-08-2009 09:17 PM

And there is also a star on the floor of my room as well.

PurdueBrad 02-08-2009 09:21 PM

Abe corrected me on something so I won't be searching. I'm going to take a blind chance and ride the chute. Weeeeeee!

Mustang 02-08-2009 10:26 PM

There is a big pile of gold in my room.

I am now level 50. I win. That was a short game.

Ok maybe not. I just wanted to be that guy that you meet that is always level ubertastic and brags about it.

Mustang 02-08-2009 10:30 PM

I must have missed the rule that Packer fans have to be Qwith Scouts.

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1939862)
Chief, is your star pulsating? Trying to figure out if one is different from the rest as mine pulsates, Qwik's is painted.

Nope, no pulsating. Just kickin' it on the floor.

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1939906)
Funny you should ask. I specialize in longsword.

Well, there's a sword and shield hanging on the wall of my room. I'm a cleric, so cutting weapons are of no use to me. I was figuring to keep the shield, but I would give away the sword in a pinch.

Actually, even better, you're a Sis'sharr. I'll trade you the sword for some food.

That is assuming that when I grab it, it doesn't end up being cursed, of course.

BTW, can't tell if it's a longsword yet. That info was not given me. Just that it's a sword.

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jackal (Post 1939883)
I have a cistern in my room that I could interact with, but I haven't decided yet.

Cistern. That's a well, right? Can you go down it? Or do I have the wrong idea of what a cistern is?

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurdueBrad (Post 1939888)
Got a little more info on the chute in my room. It is not an exit, stays in room, along the lines of maybe a kid's slide kind of thing. I'm thinking I'll try it although realize it could be an early danger.

How did you learn this? Are you saying we can ask Abe for descriptive details outside of our "actions"?

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 1939941)
There's a fount here that sprays in a star,
Though I can't say I know how far,
Left or right I can go,
Though which way I don't know,
Is the way to get me home to the bar!

Are you, like many bards I have met, of ambiguous sexuality?

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 10:40 PM

BTW, must be a human thing. Us Dvergr, we know where that's supposed to go , and we don't really think otherwise.

Mustang 02-08-2009 10:42 PM

There is a plain star and throne in my room.

Chief Rum 02-08-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 1940069)
There is a plain star and throne in my room.

You going to sit on the throne?