Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WW CLVII - Ghostbusters - Game Over (result in post 1521) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=86720)

JAG 03-10-2013 05:50 AM

WW CLVII - Ghostbusters - Game Over (result in post 1521)

Thread for dead players

Continuing our 80s movie theme from Clue, we move to New York City where three men have set up shop as paranormal experts and dubbed themselves The Ghostbusters. Increasing paranormal activity as of late has led to the belief that something major is about to happen. It's up to them and the citizens of New York to put a stop to it and return the city to its normal serene life.

The game will be simple in its structure (usual winning conditions for the most part, voting, etc...) with some thematic twists and additions to spice it up. I'm hoping for a Tuesday start with roles going out Monday night.

JAG 03-10-2013 05:50 AM

Rules:

Rules that are somewhat different from most games:

Editing of posts: I will allow editing of posts if you do so within five minutes of your original post time. For simplicity's sake though, after five minutes from the original post time, please don't edit your post, simply make a new one. One exception: please do not edit any posts with a vote in it.

Tiebreaker: If two or more players end up with the same number of votes, the player to be lynched will be randomly selected amongst those receiving the highest amount of votes. There is also a chance that an additional person at random will be lynched anytime there is a tie.

Nightfall: I will accept Nightfall votes. It needs to be unanimous, the wolves need to agree to it in private, and note that once you vote Nightfall, your vote for that day is locked and cannot be changed, so be completely sure of your vote if you choose to vote nightfall. Note for newer players, a unanimous Nightfall vote ends the day earlier than the normal deadline and is typically only used when there is an extremely obvious vote choice for the day.

Conditional Orders: I will accept conditional orders. The latest submitted orders are the ones I will process for you.

Processing of Orders: In the event that multiple orders somehow conflict, the orders I receive earliest will take precedence (for example, someone who submits their final orders at 1pm vs. 4pm). The lynch is always the first action to be processed, the night kill is always the final action to be processed.

Self Votes: Voting for yourself is not allowed. (hat tip to Chief Rum)

Rules that are mostly the same as other games (i.e. vets can probably just skim this section):

Deadline: 24 hr deadline is 10pm EST / 9pm CST / 7pm PST etc... Votes and night actions at 10:00pm EST and earlier count, votes and night actions at 10:01pm EST do not count. Conditional night action orders are fine if you can't be there at deadline.

Voting: Use a separate line and bold your vote, unvotes are fine, No Lynch is not an option.

e.g. JAG is clearly off his usual game. I am sure he is a wolf.

Vote JAG

Quoting private messages publicly: Don't do this.

Private messaging: If you have PM abilities, please include me on all messages.

Discussion of game: While the game is in progress, please do not privately discuss the game with anyone else still in the game (other than within the constraints of the rules of course, i.e. wolves are free to PM themselves).

Vanilla villagers: All vanilla villagers will receive the following PM:

Quote:

You are a citizen of New York City.

Victory Conditions:

Ghostbusters and citizens win if they eliminate all Gozerian forces, including Zuul (Gatekeeper) and Vinz Clortho (Keymaster) if they have been found but not Walter Peck.

Slimer wins a major victory if it meets its win condition and a minor victory if the Ghostbusters (and citizens) win (ironic I know).

The forces of Gozer win if they can reach a 1:1 ratio of evil player to good player and two Ghostbusters with a charge remaining in their proton packs are not around.

Roles: (Note that all roles may not be present. Some few minor roles may be present in the game that aren't listed here. While some basic role abilities are provided, there may be other role abilities that are not listed.)

Ghostbusters and Citizens of note

Peter Venkman - The most charismatic of the group though possibly the worst scientist of the bunch. Once per game he can persuade the group to lynch a different player.

Ray Stantz - The most enthusiastic of the group, he is looking to train and recruit another Ghostbuster to join the team, though of course not everyone has the ability and know how to become one.

Egon Spengler - The real brains of the group and the equipment expert. His PKE meter is capable of detecting paranormal activity and he is able to use it once per night (he is the seer). His proton pack begins with two charges rather than the single charge the others have.

Winston Zeddmore - Winston doesn't start off as a Ghostbuster, but he has the potential to join up.

Janine Melnitz - Don't tell, but she has a thing for Egon.

Neutral:

Slimer - He's looking for Venkman to, you guessed it, slime him. More of a mischievous ghost than a malevolent one. Note that Slimer scans as paranormal to Egon's PKE meter.

Forces of Gozer

Terror Dogs: They are looking for the right people to possess in order to summon Gozer the Gozerian.

Zuul: One of the citizens has the potential to become The Gatekeeper. If found, she is looking for the Keymaster.

Vinz Clortho: One of the citizens has the potential to become The Keymaster. If found, he is looking for the Gatekeeper.

Librarian Ghost: One very scary ghost. Has the chance to remove a player from the game when lynched, though if they select a Ghostbuster with a proton pack charge, the Ghostbuster may be able to fend off this ability.

Generic Ghost: There are a lot of ghosts in this town, might be one of these too.

Gozer: If Gozer is successfully summoned, you're all in deep crap.

Walter Peck: He's not exactly working for Gozer (he counts as a citizen for win ratio and does not need to be removed from the game for the Ghostbusters and citizens to win), but he is sure the Ghostbusters' activities are bad for the environment and he wants to shut them down. He wins with the forces of Gozer and though it's not thematic, he will know the identity of one of Gozer's forces.

Proton Packs

Ghostbusters begin the game issued a standard proton pack containing a single charge (with the exception of Egon's pack, which has two charges). This lets them use their nuclear accelerator to potentially accomplish a number of tasks:

1. If a Ghostbuster is attacked while they have a pack with a charge, they may be able to fend off the attack at the cost of a charge. This chance is diminished if they are attacked two times within the same three night span.

2. In a desperate situation (or anytime they feel like it if they are fine with throwing caution to the wind), then can Cross the Streams. Two Ghostbusters with at least one proton pack charge are required to submit this order for it to take place. If this occurs, it takes the place of a lynch during the day. The actual results of this are unpredictable but very likely to be highly destructive and could even make a bad situation worse. If the forces of Gozer would otherwise win due to ratio and two Ghostbusters remain with at least one charge left in each of their proton packs, this order will automatically be submitted and may give the Ghostbusters + Citizens a chance to save the game.

A proton pack that has been fully depleted may be recharged at the cost of performing their role activity that day / night (i.e. no scan for Egon / no lynch change for Venkman and so on).

JAG 03-10-2013 05:51 AM

1. Lathum
2. mauchow
3. hoopsguy --- Slimer, Killed N3
4. Chubby
5. Autumn
6. murra5y --- Citizen of NYC, Killed N4
7. DaddyTorgo --- Ray Stantz, Lynched D1
8. britrock88 --- Winston Zeddmore, Killed N1
9. Danny --- Citizen of NYC, Brutal Killed D3
10. PackerFanatic --- Librarian Ghost, Lynched D3
11. fontisian
12. Narcizo
13. Zinto --- Citizen of NYC, Lynched D4
14. bhlloy
15. KatyLied
16. Coffee Warlord --- Citizen of NYC, Lynched D2
17. Passacaglia

Lathum 03-10-2013 07:14 AM

in

mauchow 03-10-2013 07:15 AM

In.

Who you gonna call?

hoopsguy 03-10-2013 08:51 AM

Cats and dogs living together? Mass hysteria!

Going to try and cram one more in for March. The earlier we can start, the better for me, as next week is pretty open and following week is pretty terrible in terms of personal schedule.

JAG 03-10-2013 09:03 AM

Excellent. Ideally I came up with a decent outline for 16-17, but I should be able to modify it pretty easily for whatever numbers we manage.

Chubby 03-10-2013 10:02 AM

in

Autumn 03-10-2013 10:15 AM

This looks great. In.

JAG 03-10-2013 10:18 AM

Some mood music:

murrayyyyy 03-10-2013 10:22 AM

In as long as I don't get Venkman. There would be a major clue every time I posted.

DQ_BOY1000 03-10-2013 10:32 AM

I will be at a conference from Wed -> the following Tuesday. I will sit this game out, next game.... y'all going down.

DaddyTorgo 03-10-2013 10:49 AM

In

bulletsponge 03-10-2013 11:12 AM

ill be busy during this game, and i dont participate well while tired and distracted, so ill skip this one

britrock88 03-10-2013 01:03 PM

Count me in.

Danny 03-10-2013 01:26 PM

In

PackerFanatic 03-10-2013 01:46 PM

Love it. In.

fontisian 03-10-2013 02:20 PM

Sounds fun. In.

Narcizo 03-10-2013 02:53 PM

Busting makes me feel good.

In, please.

britrock88 03-10-2013 03:20 PM

Whee! Now I don't have to feel bad when I don't put vote charts together!

JAG 03-10-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narcizo (Post 2794006)

In, please.

Awesome, welcome back Narc!

Pretty solid response thus far, I may push up the start date to Tuesday being D1, with roles going out Monday night, so if you're thinking about signing up, sooner would be better if you could.

Zinto 03-10-2013 04:10 PM

I am in.

bhlloy 03-10-2013 04:16 PM

Sure, I'll play

KatyLied 03-10-2013 04:22 PM

Excellent. Count me in.

Autumn 03-10-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

In, please.

Yay! Our nights have been quiet without your incessant, lonely chatter.

Lathum 03-10-2013 09:45 PM

Really cool to see Narc in

hoopsguy 03-10-2013 09:58 PM

I'm pretty sure I want the Peck role, even if it leads to an exchange about the merits of me shutting off the power :)

JAG 03-11-2013 08:06 AM

Roles are going to go out tonight and D1 will be Tuesday. Ideally we'd get at least 1 or 2 more (though more would be fine too), but there shouldn't be a problem running with 15 and it's silly to push out the start date another day if there aren't any sign ups for 24+ hrs.

Coffee Warlord 03-11-2013 08:35 AM

Oh what the hell. Why not.

DaddyTorgo 03-11-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

In, please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2794090)
Really cool to see Narc in

This. Hell yeah this.

Passacaglia 03-11-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatyLied (Post 2794019)
Excellent. Count me in.

If DoctorWu is in, I'm in.

(this means I am in)

KatyLied 03-11-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2794229)
If DoctorWu is in, I'm in.

(this means I am in)

:cool:

Danny 03-11-2013 01:38 PM

I texted Darth to see if he wants to join.

JAG 03-11-2013 04:31 PM

I'm going to try and get roles sent out in 3-4 hours. Maybe sooner if I can manage it.

JAG 03-11-2013 07:53 PM

Roles are going out now. Please hold off on posting until I write the introduction post.

JAG 03-11-2013 08:07 PM

There can be no doubt about it. There has been a marked increase in the amount of calls the Ghostbusters have received about ghost sightings and supernatural phenomena as of late. Readings are off the charts for paranormal activity. Something major is in the works. It's up to the citizens of the city along with the Ghostbusters to determine what's going on and put a stop to it.

Day 1 has begun. Deadline for Day 1 / Night 1 is Tuesday at 10pm EST. You may now post away.

Chubby 03-11-2013 08:27 PM

NYC citizen here. and one that is off to bed :D

Autumn 03-11-2013 08:28 PM

Nice to see we got another big game off the ground. This one's got some wrinkles too, I'm going to go reread the rules.

Lathum 03-11-2013 08:30 PM

vanilla citizen here,I probably wont even read the rules

Danny 03-11-2013 08:32 PM

Not a cultist checking in

Autumn 03-11-2013 08:32 PM

This wolf situation is complicated, I'm not sure what we're looking at here. There are Terror Dogs and ghosts, which are vanilla. Library ghost is a brutal. There is the potential for a Gatekeper and a Keymaster, but it sounds like those are converts? Presumably if the wolves get both of those, then they can summon Gozer?

Autumn 03-11-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2794464)
vanilla citizen here,I probably wont even read the rules

You'll be a big help, thanks, Lathum.

DaddyTorgo 03-11-2013 08:33 PM

Game onnnnnnnnnnn

fontisian 03-11-2013 08:39 PM

So, how many starting ghosts are we looking at, assuming Zuul and Vinz Clortho can both be converted?

Lathum 03-11-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 2794468)
You'll be a big help, thanks, Lathum.

I bet you're glad I am back

Lathum 03-11-2013 08:43 PM

VOTE AUTUMN

Autumn 03-11-2013 08:46 PM

lol

Autumn 03-11-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontisian (Post 2794471)
So, how many starting ghosts are we looking at, assuming Zuul and Vinz Clortho can both be converted?

Well it seems there must be at least three, a terror dog, a ghost and the library ghost? Possibly more of the vanillas? Two possible converts, I'm assuming. I can't see going much more than three in that case, especially with a cultist. Though the good guys have a lot of rules including a possible "convert" too.

Coffee Warlord 03-11-2013 08:51 PM

Vote Danny

Hi!

fontisian 03-11-2013 08:51 PM

The Terror Dogs description is plural, so there might be more than one.