Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Werewolf Games (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Werewolf LXXIX - The Labyrinth (Game Over - Commoners Win!) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=66702)

Tyrith 08-06-2008 10:45 AM

Meetings in the Labyrinth, next on HBO!

ntndeacon 08-06-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1802059)
ntn still has
only 4 posts, are we sure he
knows the game is on?


that is mainly because I was out all day yesterday. However the good news is that I can now speak intellegently on The Dark Knight.

claphamsa 08-06-2008 10:46 AM

it seems to me that
every game we ignore the quiet
ones and they are wolves

UTR works well
I wish I could do it ::sigh::
but I love haiku

mccollins 08-06-2008 10:47 AM

Regarding ntn, granted it's always better to lynch a wolf, but if we have no clue a low poster is always good because it is SO much harder to figure out they are a wolf later with not much from them to go on.

It sounds odd, but on day 1 (which today feels like again), I'd almost rather lynch a quiet villager who might be a wolf (since we have nothing to go on) than a vocal person who happens to be a wolf (since they might trip themselves up later).

Again, it's obviously always better to lynch a wolf.

PackerFanatic 08-06-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 1802123)
that is mainly because I was out all day yesterday. However the good news is that I can now speak intellegently on The Dark Knight.


Good excuse to be gone :-D

claphamsa 08-06-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 1802123)
that is mainly because I was out all day yesterday. However the good news is that I can now speak intellegently on The Dark Knight.


It is good you live
do you have any thoughts about
last nights deadline tie?

ntndeacon 08-06-2008 10:48 AM

well of course it is better to lynch a wolf.

mccollins 08-06-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RendeR (Post 1801850)
Clap: I find it highly ironi that you're being so adamant that I'm annoying you so badly when you normally do the exat same thing I'm doing. (Aka posting constantly, most of which appear utterly worthless) So either, join the pot/kettle brigade or shut the hell up about it.


I don't mind clap's haikus or RendeR's quotes, but...quoted for truth now. ;)

claphamsa 08-06-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1802127)
Regarding ntn, granted it's always better to lynch a wolf, but if we have no clue a low poster is always good because it is SO much harder to figure out they are a wolf later with not much from them to go on.

It sounds odd, but on day 1 (which today feels like again), I'd almost rather lynch a quiet villager who might be a wolf (since we have nothing to go on) than a vocal person who happens to be a wolf (since they might trip themselves up later).

Again, it's obviously always better to lynch a wolf.


the sky is falling
I agree with mcollins
who do you propose

ntndeacon 08-06-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1802129)
It is good you live
do you have any thoughts about
last nights deadline tie?


well Jackal's laughing reply to us seems to indicate we need more than 5 to lynch someone. So my first thought is to the 50%+1...I am hopeful it is just a tie thing though.

claphamsa 08-06-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1802134)
I don't mind clap's haikus or RendeR's quotes, but...quoted for truth now. ;)



I am livening
up the game and this seems to
help my typing skills

mccollins 08-06-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntndeacon (Post 1802131)
well of course it is better to lynch a wolf.


Yeah, but my statement is something a wolf would twist to say: "You'd rather lynch a villager ?? :confused: ZOMG!" So I felt the need to emphasize. ;)

claphamsa 08-06-2008 10:51 AM

someone walked past
my office and offered me
a calculator

apparently I
should not count on my fingers
haiku sylables

mccollins 08-06-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1802135)
the sky is falling
I agree with mcollins
who do you propose


Well, ntn has doubled his post count now and Path/KWhit made credible excuses. Abe is next.

ntndeacon 08-06-2008 10:51 AM

I also think that though Pass is suspicious for being an Alchemist who can't do anything today. We probably should look elsewhere.

Tyrith 08-06-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1802127)
Regarding ntn, granted it's always better to lynch a wolf, but if we have no clue a low poster is always good because it is SO much harder to figure out they are a wolf later with not much from them to go on.

It sounds odd, but on day 1 (which today feels like again), I'd almost rather lynch a quiet villager who might be a wolf (since we have nothing to go on) than a vocal person who happens to be a wolf (since they might trip themselves up later).

Again, it's obviously always better to lynch a wolf.


Concurred whole-heartedly. However, I would say today is far from Day 1 because we at least have a point of controversy to go over. Random votes today would be frowned upon, I would say, especially since we should probably get nine votes on someone. If it comes to ntn, though, I'd be cool with that.

mccollins 08-06-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1802140)
someone walked past
my office and offered me
a calculator

apparently I
should not count on my fingers
haiku sylables


five-seven-five, bud
I enjoy me some haiku
too. never tried here.

KWhit 08-06-2008 10:54 AM

Did I miss a post about Pass being a dinosaur? How did Farrah know that?

Passacaglia 08-06-2008 10:55 AM

But if we're voting for a person just to make sure it's not random, we lose a lot of info -- people get to hide behind bad votes, saying "Well I just wanted to make sure someone got lynched." In cases like that, No Lynch might be preferred. Especially since we don't need to kill wolves to win the game.

mccollins 08-06-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1802147)
Did I miss a post about Pass being a dinosaur? How did Farrah know that?


The dinosaur was an example. Pass quoted from the rules that it was valid to be a type of human and I did not recall that last night.

Passacaglia 08-06-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWhit (Post 1802147)
Did I miss a post about Pass being a dinosaur? How did Farrah know that?


I don't think I'm a dinosaur. I'm guessing I'm human, but not sure.

Tyrith 08-06-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1802149)
But if we're voting for a person just to make sure it's not random, we lose a lot of info -- people get to hide behind bad votes, saying "Well I just wanted to make sure someone got lynched." In cases like that, No Lynch might be preferred. Especially since we don't need to kill wolves to win the game.


I have a hard time believing that this game is setup in such a way where we can just no lynch the entire game and win. My guess is there is an element of be killing wolves or they be killing you involved here.

claphamsa 08-06-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1802146)
five-seven-five, bud
I enjoy me some haiku
too. never tried here.



I did not count wrong
haiku is my schtick get your
own you lazy bum

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-06-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1802151)
I don't think I'm a dinosaur. I'm guessing I'm human, but not sure.


I'm pretty sure Jackal would have told you that you were a dinosaur alchemist or a mouse alchemist or whatever non-human type alchemist you were. IF you really were an alchemist at all. I doubt it would have been left up to you to assume.

So I stand by my earlier assertion that your reveal last night was crap. Crap is such a harsh word....diversion? Whatever you want to call it, I don't think you're what you say you are.

vote Passacaglia

claphamsa 08-06-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1802152)
I have a hard time believing that this game is setup in such a way where we can just no lynch the entire game and win. My guess is there is an element of be killing wolves or they be killing you involved here.

I am sure the wolves
will manage to kill someone
sooner or later

bodyguard can only
block so many different
attacks from the wolves

claphamsa 08-06-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1802158)
I'm pretty sure Jackal would have told you that you were a dinosaur alchemist or a mouse alchemist or whatever non-human type alchemist you were. IF you really were an alchemist at all. I doubt it would have been left up to you to assume.

So I stand by my earlier assertion that your reveal last night was crap. Crap is such a harsh word....diversion? Whatever you want to call it, I don't think you're what you say you are.



vote Passacaglia




farrah what is he
diverting from? do you think
he is saving rendeR?

mccollins 08-06-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1802152)
I have a hard time believing that this game is setup in such a way where we can just no lynch the entire game and win. My guess is there is an element of be killing wolves or they be killing you involved here.

Exactly. I'm not trying to use the argument I said would be used against me, but, yeah, letting wolves live is never good for our health.

Passacaglia 08-06-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1802152)
I have a hard time believing that this game is setup in such a way where we can just no lynch the entire game and win. My guess is there is an element of be killing wolves or they be killing you involved here.


I don't think it's as simple as "no lynch all the way and we win" -- we still have to FIND the center. But lets think about this -- usually more villagers get lynched than wolves, right? Even in games the villagers win, they usually get more villagers than wolves, but it's not a big deal, because they get the wolves before it's too late. But here, each villager is a chance to get to the center, and killing wolves isn't even part of our win condition.

claphamsa 08-06-2008 11:03 AM

I think I make more
logical sense when haiku
is how I speak, u?

Passacaglia 08-06-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn (Post 1802158)
I'm pretty sure Jackal would have told you that you were a dinosaur alchemist or a mouse alchemist or whatever non-human type alchemist you were. IF you really were an alchemist at all. I doubt it would have been left up to you to assume.

So I stand by my earlier assertion that your reveal last night was crap. Crap is such a harsh word....diversion? Whatever you want to call it, I don't think you're what you say you are.

vote Passacaglia


I agree that he probably would have told me that I was something OTHER than human. Since he didn't, that's why I am assuming I'm human -- even though it wasn't specifically stated. I don't understand what the problem is.

claphamsa 08-06-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1802165)
I don't think it's as simple as "no lynch all the way and we win" -- we still have to FIND the center. But lets think about this -- usually more villagers get lynched than wolves, right? Even in games the villagers win, they usually get more villagers than wolves, but it's not a big deal, because they get the wolves before it's too late. But here, each villager is a chance to get to the center, and killing wolves isn't even part of our win condition.


while jackyls ruels are
vague, I think killing wolves is
a good thing to do

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-06-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1802161)
farrah what is he
diverting from? do you think
he is saving rendeR?


Not sure. When Pass made his announcement the vote was 4-4 Pass-RendeR. Then Pass admitted and ran, but not before changing his vote to RendeR.

I don't know enough yet to assume they're working together, I just don't think Pass is presenting himself as who he really is.

mccollins 08-06-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1802159)
bodyguard can only
block so many different
attacks from the wolves


Do we know for sure there was a bodyguard block last night?

What if the "commotion" / "fight" that some people (so far: RendeR and PackerFanatic) heard was you getting in the face by the log trap?

I still think it is kind of logical for the wolves to not have been close enough to attack anyone since after the 10 pm movement 2 people got within 1 'space' of another person. That's all assumption on my part though.

PackerFanatic 08-06-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrith (Post 1802152)
My guess is there is an element of be killing wolves or they be killing you involved here.


My thoughts too. We can't just assume they won't find us if we don't attempt to find them first. And we have the minotaur to deal with too, if and when we get to the center.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn 08-06-2008 11:05 AM

back later. I'm late for the 9am meeting.

Passacaglia 08-06-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1802164)
Exactly. I'm not trying to use the argument I said would be used against me, but, yeah, letting wolves live is never good for our health.


I agree, but I think we need to be more careful about it, and not vote for someone because "we need a lynch" (which happens a lot), when, IMO, a poor lynch hurts us more than in other games.

claphamsa 08-06-2008 11:07 AM

I agree pass's
reveal was very wierd
but i do not see

what it could hope to
accomplish this early in
the game, no vote pass

mccollins 08-06-2008 11:07 AM

I'll say this - if the Minotaur is at the center, I'm not sure that's where people should go. Except the wolves since they're the only ones with a chance to kill him. And if you die in the process, we don't care.

claphamsa 08-06-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1802173)
Do we know for sure there was a bodyguard block last night?

What if the "commotion" / "fight" that some people (so far: RendeR and PackerFanatic) heard was you getting in the face by the log trap?

I still think it is kind of logical for the wolves to not have been close enough to attack anyone since after the 10 pm movement 2 people got within 1 'space' of another person. That's all assumption on my part though.


this is possible
but I can assure you pain
makes me squeel loud

Passacaglia 08-06-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1802178)
I'll say this - if the Minotaur is at the center, I'm not sure that's where people should go. Except the wolves since they're the only ones with a chance to kill him. And if you die in the process, we don't care.


My guess is that if the Minotaur stays in the center, then if a commoner runs into him, he's still reached the center, so we win right away, before any battle could occur.

claphamsa 08-06-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1802178)
I'll say this - if the Minotaur is at the center, I'm not sure that's where people should go. Except the wolves since they're the only ones with a chance to kill him. And if you die in the process, we don't care.


what incentive do
the wolves have to attcak the
minotaur, we do


not have any rules on
win conditions for wolves
jackyl, any answers?

PackerFanatic 08-06-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1802185)
My guess is that if the Minotaur stays in the center, then if a commoner runs into him, he's still reached the center, so we win right away, before any battle could occur.


I doubt that a commoner coming up to the center would actually "get there" if the minotaur is there.

Abe Sargent 08-06-2008 11:12 AM

Morning all. Let me get caught up and see what is happening.

mccollins 08-06-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1802185)
My guess is that if the Minotaur stays in the center, then if a commoner runs into him, he's still reached the center, so we win right away, before any battle could occur.


I would think the exact opposite. You meet the Minotaur, you die. (Unless you're an Ancient/wolf and then you fight.)

mccollins 08-06-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1802186)
what incentive do
the wolves have to attcak the
minotaur, we do


not have any rules on
win conditions for wolves
jackyl, any answers?


I'm not sure they'll know it's the minotaur when they attack it? Or did Jackal say that only all the rest of us look alike to one another?

The Jackal 08-06-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1802186)
not have any rules on
win conditions for wolves
jackyl, any answers?


they have to kill all
except for the minotaur
any more questions?

Passacaglia 08-06-2008 11:16 AM

So you guys think the Minotaur can sit in the center and kill us all off so that we can't ever reach the center? And he can only be killed by wolves -- the people who don't want us to win? I don't see them doing that for us!

RendeR 08-06-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccollins (Post 1802195)
I would think the exact opposite. You meet the Minotaur, you die. (Unless you're an Ancient/wolf and then you fight.)



DING DING DING, this makes far more sense.

Passacaglia 08-06-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claphamsa (Post 1802186)
what incentive do
the wolves have to attcak the
minotaur, we do


not have any rules on
win conditions for wolves
jackyl, any answers?


My thinking as well. At least, if the Minotaur can move around, the wolves might be FORCED to fight it. But if he just sits in the center preventing us from ever winning, I'd imagine the wolves would just stand pat where they are.

PackerFanatic 08-06-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 1802200)
So you guys think the Minotaur can sit in the center and kill us all off so that we can't ever reach the center? And he can only be killed by wolves -- the people who don't want us to win? I don't see them doing that for us!


But no one knows where the center is, so if they happen to stumble upon it, they fight whether they want to or not. That is my feeling on it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.