Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   WOOF Alternate Forum (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   WHAT DIRECTION TO MOVE IN REGARDING COMMISH. (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=54719)

Ben E Lou 11-28-2006 05:51 AM

WHAT DIRECTION TO MOVE IN REGARDING COMMISH.

(NOTE: For option one, it is assumed that if we don't find someone suitable from outside, that we'd then pursue option 2 or 3.)

3ric 11-28-2006 06:06 AM

The IHOF caught lightning in a bottle with VPI volunteering to be a non-playing commish... I doubt we'd achieve the same stability with an outsider. We should take care of it from within.

Narcizo 11-28-2006 06:09 AM

I don't see any reason to restrict ourselves in this. We can at least see if there's any good candidates out there who would be interested. It doesn't mean we have to accept them or not sort it out internally anyway.

Northwood_DK 11-28-2006 06:14 AM

I voted to ask around but still sugest we ask Nugget699.

Ben E Lou 11-28-2006 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwood_DK (Post 1318093)
I voted to ask around but still sugest we ask Nugget699.

That would be interesting. He'd clearly make great logos. It sounds like he's been lurking a lot longer than he's been posting. The #1 question I'd have would be reliability, though. He's such an unknown factor. Of course, it would be a great feel-good story if the unknown turned out to be a great commish.

EDIT: The #2 question would be to wonder if he'd be willing to accept our team names. From reading his thread in the MP forum, it looks like he's somewhat locked in to those names/logos.

wade moore 11-28-2006 07:34 AM

I voted take care from within.

I would have said an outsider if I felt there is someone with a proven track record out there, but for the most part I think we have either invited or have the most proven owners/commishes out there.

I'm very much not in favor of an unknown as our commish. For instance, Nugget699 could be the best commish ever, but we just don't know anything about him.

miked 11-28-2006 07:37 AM

I voted within. It's just so hard to find somebody willing to devote so much to something they aren't "truly" involved in. I think giving much power to somebody who really has nothing to lose by leaving might hurt.

Eaglesfan27 11-28-2006 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade moore (Post 1318152)
I voted take care from within.

I would have said an outsider if I felt there is someone with a proven track record out there, but for the most part I think we have either invited or have the most proven owners/commishes out there.

I'm very much not in favor of an unknown as our commish. For instance, Nugget699 could be the best commish ever, but we just don't know anything about him.

Agree with this also.

MIJB#19 11-28-2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miked (Post 1318157)
I voted within. It's just so hard to find somebody willing to devote so much to something they aren't "truly" involved in. I think giving much power to somebody who really has nothing to lose by leaving might hurt.

On the other hand, a non-playing commish will have an easier time to choose a point of view when a decission has to be made on ownership changes, penalties for breaking rules, etc. Not to mention that the trust level has to be much higher with a commish within. The determining reason for joining the GEFL has been that I knew I could trust the commish (VPI97).

wade moore 11-28-2006 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIJB#19 (Post 1318185)
On the other hand, a non-playing commish will have an easier time to choose a point of view when a decission has to be made on ownership changes, penalties for breaking rules, etc. Not to mention that the trust level has to be much higher with a commish within. The determining reason for joining the GEFL has been that I knew I could trust the commish (VPI97).

Yeah.. I think the basic advantage to a non-playing commish is that he's totally impartial.

I like the idea in theory, it's just that I don't know of anyone out there... I guess we could go to our top list of owner invitees, of which I know a commish (Taco) is on the top of the list. But I know that he has had to take breaks at times, so we'd have to have backup options.

RedKingGold 11-28-2006 11:09 AM

Has option #3 won? 11 votes in either direction would still give option #3 the win.

Ben E Lou 11-28-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedKingGold (Post 1318365)
Has option #3 won? 11 votes in either direction would still give option #3 the win.

Let's let it get one more to get a clear majority before declaring it.

Icy 11-28-2006 01:20 PM

Unless we can get a great and proved outside commish, i prefer a league member to take the spot.

Ben E Lou 11-28-2006 01:28 PM

Looks like this one is decided. Starting new thread...