Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Dynasty Reports (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Ping: Mods, regarding the "One and Done Challenge" (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=64146)

st.cronin 03-05-2008 07:22 PM

Ping: Mods, regarding the "One and Done Challenge"

Can we get those threads cleaned up? I don't think any of them are active, but they show up in my drop down menu. Its a mild annoyance, but they were supposed to be gone some time ago.

Edited the title. Mods do check this forum, don't they?

Lorena 03-06-2008 04:41 PM

DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!

DanGarion 03-06-2008 10:18 PM

It annoys me to see misconfigured message boards.

Ben E Lou 03-07-2008 03:56 AM

It's not "misconfigured." It was never intended to go away. It's a great resource and reference for the cohesion and creeping mechanisms. If we do it again, I'll think through where I want to put it, but if forum jumps to the junk below those are that crucial, I'd suggest bookmarks. They're faster anyway.

Toddzilla 03-07-2008 09:32 AM

While you're at it, Dark Knight, can you please re-name the Hattrick forum?

:D

Ben E Lou 03-07-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toddzilla (Post 1678191)
While you're at it, Dark Knight, can you please re-name the Hattrick forum?

:D

To what?

DanGarion 03-07-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyDog (Post 1678062)
It's not "misconfigured." It was never intended to go away. It's a great resource and reference for the cohesion and creeping mechanisms. If we do it again, I'll think through where I want to put it, but if forum jumps to the junk below those are that crucial, I'd suggest bookmarks. They're faster anyway.

Plain and simple regular users SHOULD NOT she private areas of the message board. Whether or not you want to accept that it's misconfigured is your own issue. It's just plain stupid to act as ignorant as you appear to be Ben. I'm trying to offer constructive advice to running a sound message board. I'll go back to my hole and stop bothering you with advice. I forgot that you know what you are doing.

Ben E Lou 03-07-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangarion (Post 1678216)
Plain and simple regular users SHOULD NOT she private areas of the message board. Whether or not you want to accept that it's misconfigured is your own issue. It's just plain stupid to act as ignorant as you appear to be Ben. I'm trying to offer constructive advice to running a sound message board. I'll go back to my hole and stop bothering you with advice. I forgot that you know what you are doing.

They're not private any more. Once people finished the challenge, I made them public so that others could see and compare notes.

DaddyTorgo 03-07-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyDog (Post 1678214)
To what?

Something involving Soccer

"All Things Soccer" would be my suggestion

Toddzilla 03-07-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyDog (Post 1678214)
To what?

Since 95% of the posts in that forum are now about the Football Manager / WWSM series, I would suggest:

FM / WWSM / Hattrick
or
Soccer Sims

DaddyTorgo 03-07-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyDog (Post 1678221)
They're not private any more. Once people finished the challenge, I made them public so that others could see and compare notes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangarion (Post 1678216)

You guys are talking about two different things I think:

dangarion is talking about regular users being able to see the Mod-Only forums on the list of forums

SkyDog is talking about the One and Done challenges

DanGarion 03-07-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyDog (Post 1678221)

Are you even looking at my pictures. I'm talking about the admin forums.

st.cronin 03-07-2008 10:06 AM

SkyDog, he's not talking about the challenge - he's talking about the moderator forum.

st.cronin 03-07-2008 10:07 AM

Also bookmarks are not faster than the forum jump. It seems like those threads could be put into their own forum instead of each one being its own forum - or maybe the forum jump menu could be edited, so they don't show up. I've been dealing with it for quite a long time now, I can't be the only one this is bugging.

Ben E Lou 03-07-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 1678226)
You guys are talking about two different things I think:

dangarion is talking about regular users being able to see the Mod-Only forums on the list of forums

SkyDog is talking about the One and Done challenges

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangarion (Post 1678228)
Are you even looking at my pictures. I'm talking about the admin forums.

Ahhhhhhhhh! Got it. No, I didn't realize that. (I have all images/sigs/etc blocked here except the forum buttons. I just unblock stuff like my site and other places as people put screenies there, or if I have to check something for moderation purposes.)

DaddyTorgo 03-07-2008 10:11 AM

HETERO-GROUP-HUG!!!

Toddzilla 03-07-2008 10:17 AM

No hugs until the FM forum is named appropriately

*pout*

DanGarion 03-07-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyDog (Post 1678232)
Ahhhhhhhhh! Got it. No, I didn't realize that. (I have all images/sigs/etc blocked here except the forum buttons. I just unblock stuff like my site and other places as people put screenies there, or if I have to check something for moderation purposes.)

Glad you see what I'm talking about. I'd mentioned it in the past but I think you confused what I was talking about before. That's why I took the screen caps so you could see what I see.