Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   1977 Off-season Thread (Post-ST file is up! Season tomorrow night) (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=67814)

Young Drachma 09-21-2008 10:07 PM

1977 Off-season Thread (Post-ST file is up! Season tomorrow night)

1976 AWARD WINNERS
----------------

CL Most Valuable Player: Carlos Gonzales, Valdosta
2nd: Rich Lang, Brooklyn
3rd: Jose Gonzales, Texas

RL Most Valuable Player: Mac Rasmussen, Chicago
2nd: Ed Morgan, Compton
3rd: Noriaki Shimada, New Orleans

CL Pitcher of the Year: Carlos Gonzales, Valdosta
2nd: Alberto Barbosa, Valdosta
3rd: Mike Conley, New York

RL Pitcher of the Year: Ron Fritz, Columbus
2nd: Denny Hennessey, Hartford
3rd: Ryan Wilkins, Columbus

CL Rookie of the Year: Jose Gonzales, Texas
2nd: Jesus Flores, Valdosta
3rd: Tom McFadden, Brooklyn

RL Rookie of the Year: Ed Morgan, Compton
2nd: Cheng-qian Khu, Chicago
3rd: Bobby Barrett, San Diego

Young Drachma 09-21-2008 10:29 PM

Processing the file now.

Young Drachma 09-21-2008 10:42 PM

File is up.

Young Drachma 09-22-2008 12:50 PM

Commo_Solider is back to Brooklyn. He said things have calmed down a bit in his part of the world, so he's gonna come back and try to steer the ship back.

Let's welcome him back!

kaosfere 09-22-2008 12:53 PM

No. :mad:

j/k. Welcome back, Mr Soldier!

Young Drachma 09-22-2008 12:54 PM

League HTML is updated, too.

Commo_Soldier 09-22-2008 01:06 PM

It is good to be back! Now I have to spend some time getting caught up on things.

ekcut 09-22-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud (Post 1840140)

Just so you know that the HTML's are not a waste of your time...I use these a fair bit in negotiating deals from work. The updated pages just as trading opens is a huge benefit. (One with departed FA's would be nice too) but the once a year update is enough to keep me happy and is much appreciated!!

Young Drachma 09-22-2008 02:37 PM

I've figured out how to do it so that it doesn't slow up anymore. So I'm trying to do it more regularly. Like once before the season starts and maybe once on Saturday after the season has ended too. I'll get better about it, but glad someone is using them. I started realizing that it's handy to have the files when you have no game access.

kaosfere 09-22-2008 03:04 PM

I just tote the latest league file back and forth to work on a flash drive. And hide the OOTP window if anyone is around. :devil:

But yes, I love having the HTML available for quick reference, too.

Anthony 09-22-2008 03:48 PM

i have more OFs than i need, and not enough playoff-quality SPs. if anyone is looking to aquire a good OF (i'm thinking Magner is the most available) and you have a SP of equal quality then PM me. i'm also considering moving OF Joe Smith, but getting 73 steals platooning the OF and having 100 contact is too much to trade away, but i'm thinking of moving him nonetheless. too crowded and it's not necessary to have that many good OFs and not enough good pitching.

Tasan 09-22-2008 04:08 PM

Not particularly related to the FOOL offseason, but I have power back on in my house! 10 days after the storm, I guess better late than never.

TimGuru 09-22-2008 07:28 PM

Grrrrr @ personal messages....I got 8 different season budgets from my owner. WTF :banghead: :rant:

muns 09-22-2008 07:32 PM

glad to hear your starting to get back to normal.

Related to fool. DC i have exported.

Tasan 09-22-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimGuru (Post 1840464)
Grrrrr @ personal messages....I got 8 different season budgets from my owner. WTF :banghead: :rant:

I have none, so maybe one of those is for me.

Young Drachma 09-22-2008 09:08 PM

And away we go...

Young Drachma 09-22-2008 09:09 PM

New Orleans, New York and Texas with no export. (Not that they had to..just stating which ones I got...)

Now, time to sim to the start of FA. Then I'll process trades.

Tasan 09-22-2008 09:09 PM

I'm nervous. Someone hold me.

Young Drachma 09-22-2008 09:17 PM

Ok, trades are processed. Uploading the file.

Young Drachma 09-22-2008 09:35 PM

File is up.

kaosfere 09-22-2008 09:41 PM

I really am baffled by who becomes popular at times. Fans like the strangest people.

Yes, that's right, fans. I let go of Hirokazu Nakamura. Suck it.

muns 09-22-2008 09:56 PM

Well my deal with Chief last year is an official flop. Barrajas didnt re sign with my 3 sims in a row, and the last 2 times I added more money than he wanted with the meet deman button. And now that I look more neither one of my pen guys resigned either...... I gots no luck.... Man Tough night in Hartford

Young Drachma 09-22-2008 10:04 PM

Awww...Artie Wiley signed with me. My life is terrible. ;)

muns 09-22-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud (Post 1840558)

hey now, im not crying poor, but I set myself up for the best rotation in fool this year and its dissapointing, especially when I gave up adams and dont have anything to show for it now. So there ;)

kaosfere 09-22-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud (Post 1840558)

*giggle*

Tasan 09-22-2008 10:23 PM

Wait a second.

Why is Paul Wilson a free agent? Nothing pointed to him being one. I drafted him 2 seasons ago.

Young Drachma 09-22-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasan (Post 1840571)
Wait a second.

Why is Paul Wilson a free agent? Nothing pointed to him being one. I drafted him 2 seasons ago.

There is a problem that some guys get created with service time in the draft. I've moved him back to your roster and he'll show up tomorrow. Well, after you export, let me know and I'll put him back on your team...before tomorrow night's file goes up.

If this happens to someone else, they ought to tell me, because I can't account for this stuff. In the future, we'll make sure the draft doesn't do that anymore.

Tasan 09-22-2008 10:36 PM

Hey thanks. Sorry if I got too excited, but with Davis rejecting my resign attempts, I need all the starters I can muster.

Chief Rum 09-22-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muns (Post 1840554)
Well my deal with Chief last year is an official flop. Barrajas didnt re sign with my 3 sims in a row, and the last 2 times I added more money than he wanted with the meet deman button. And now that I look more neither one of my pen guys resigned either...... I gots no luck.... Man Tough night in Hartford

You tried to lowball him the first time, huh?

I don't know why people even try that unless they have to. This game is too damn fickle to give the AI the excuse to get pissy at you (and it does, I swear to a Greman freakin' God).

muns 09-22-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Rum (Post 1840586)
You tried to lowball him the first time, huh?

I don't know why people even try that unless they have to. This game is too damn fickle to give the AI the excuse to get pissy at you (and it does, I swear to a Greman freakin' God).

Nope, havent tried to low ball him once at at all. You tried to sign him, it didnt work. The next sim I hit the meet the demand button , and then upped it my 200k each year, and this time I upped it by 800k each year and it was still a no go. I was at around 11 mil a year and he wanted like 10.1 a year.

I dont mess with the AI at all, cause I like you dont like it playing around.. lol just try to sign him in FA thats all i guess

Chief Rum 09-22-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muns (Post 1840588)
Nope, havent tried to low ball him once at at all. You tried to sign him, it didnt work. The next sim I hit the meet the demand button , and then upped it my 200k each year, and this time I upped it by 800k each year and it was still a no go. I was at around 11 mil a year and he wanted like 10.1 a year.

I dont mess with the AI at all, cause I like you dont like it playing around.. lol just try to sign him in FA thats all i guess

That sucks. I didn't even realize at the time that he didn't even sign my offer (although it's obvious now; obviously I stopped paying attention after he was leaving my team).

Anthony 09-23-2008 10:16 AM

did Horswill become a FA? by the time i realized his contract was up it was too late to go to the negotiating table with the back and forth offers, so i offered him more years than he was looking for and gave him some bonus money for reaching some incentives. hopefully he took the offer or else i don't have the ton of good OFs i thought i did. if he left that sucks cuz i really needed to move a OF for a SP this offseason and i'd have one less trade commodity to move.

muns 09-23-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 1840829)
did Horswill become a FA? by the time i realized his contract was up it was too late to go to the negotiating table with the back and forth offers, so i offered him more years than he was looking for and gave him some bonus money for reaching some incentives. hopefully he took the offer or else i don't have the ton of good OFs i thought i did. if he left that sucks cuz i really needed to move a OF for a SP this offseason and i'd have one less trade commodity to move.

If i remember correctly I thought i saw his name out there on the market last night as I was looking through the FA'S.

Young Drachma 09-23-2008 10:28 AM

Yes, Horswill became a free agent. Offering a guy more than a year more than they ask for -- even if you pay them tons -- is usually a 50/50 recipe for having them shun you and become a FA. At least, in my experience.

Anthony 09-23-2008 10:29 AM

fucking fuckballs. that sucks.

oh well, at least i did my part to infuse some good talent in the FA pool. the prob with MP leagues is good talent rarely becomes available on the FA pool. i still would've liked to have more time to resign him so i could trade him. this sucks. at least i care about my team. this won't happen again though.

Alan T 09-23-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony (Post 1840844)
fucking fuckballs. that sucks.

oh well, at least i did my part to infuse some good talent in the FA pool. the prob with MP leagues is good talent rarely becomes available on the FA pool. i still would've liked to have more time to resign him so i could trade him. this sucks. at least i care about my team. this won't happen again though.

I think this league is an exception to that. There seems to always be alot of good Free agent talent available here, mostly due to the salary cap implementation never being raised.

Anthony 09-23-2008 10:44 AM

he likely won't be back on my team, cuz i just don't need any more OFs and that money could be best used elsewhere. if i aquired him it'd strictly be to use him as trade bait.

Young Drachma 09-23-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan T (Post 1840850)
I think this league is an exception to that. There seems to always be alot of good Free agent talent available here, mostly due to the salary cap implementation never being raised.

+1

In this league, it's almost always possible to get better through FA.

muns 09-23-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Cloud (Post 1840856)
+1

In this league, it's almost always possible to get better through FA.

and you my friend are the team that is prime example of that ;)

Young Drachma 09-23-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muns (Post 1840857)
and you my friend are the team that is prime example of that ;)

More so in Compton than here in Chicago. I mean, my core is comprised of players I developed or traded for. FA hasn't worked as well for me here as I would've liked. ;)

No way without free agency that I could've taken an expansion team to the Classic in four years in Compton.

TimGuru 09-23-2008 06:42 PM

This may not be the year to get better through FA.

That said, you may not get an xp from me tonight, don't be alarmed. I'm here and quickly perused the greed list, and don't see much that makes sense for me yet, off the top of my head. I am also pressed for time and a workout seems more productive than baseball sim at the moment. I might be back in the nick of time to throw in a bid or 2. If not, for sure for tomorrow evening.

Young Drachma 09-23-2008 06:49 PM

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

muns 09-23-2008 07:50 PM

i love how I post that I released some decent young guys before the season was run hoping that some teams in rebuild mode would snag em up, and I go and see that Chief signed all 3 of them

PS I dont consider Chief to be in rebuild mode ever :crazy:

Alan T 09-23-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muns (Post 1841228)
i love how I post that I released some decent young guys before the season was run hoping that some teams in rebuild mode would snag em up, and I go and see that Chief signed all 3 of them

PS I dont consider Chief to be in rebuild mode ever :crazy:

If it means much, I tried too, but didn't get them. Since email is all borked, I didn't know where they went or if I was even close on them.

magic_number 09-23-2008 08:11 PM

If tonight is the 1st night of FA, why are there FA signings a done deal with our last download?? If we can sign FA's sooner then Tuesday then that's news to me or am I missing something??

Why can't OOTP9 let you see a guy's reaction to your offer on his contract page?? Same for option years, makes no sense to me, that I have to find the "e-mail" from a guy to take (or not) his option??

This games has a shitload of SNAFUs like this!! Makes the getting to know it phase a pain in the ASS!!!

M#

TimGuru 09-23-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic_number (Post 1841247)
If tonight is the 1st night of FA, why are there FA signings a done deal with our last download?? If we can sign FA's sooner then Tuesday then that's news to me or am I missing something??

Why can't OOTP9 let you see a guy's reaction to your offer on his contract page?? Same for option years, makes no sense to me, that I have to find the "e-mail" from a guy to take (or not) his option??

This games has a shitload of SNAFUs like this!! Makes the getting to know it phase a pain in the ASS!!!

M#

Options are a pain especially since we don't get our mail correctly. This doesn't happen in my other online league, who knows why.

As to FAs, you can sign them before tonight by offering them a minimum of 2 years, you pay them to watch the FOOL Classic wearing your cap, think of it as a signing bonus.

Young Drachma 09-23-2008 08:19 PM

Maybe I've setup things wrong. I need to ask about that to someone in OOTP land. I have no idea what the deal is.

The reason people sign FAs before the FA signing period is because there are always FAs available, plus some teams release guys @ the end of the season and so there are guys in the pool then.

kaosfere 09-23-2008 08:26 PM

And some of us sign a guy to a 1-year contract during the pre-FA-filing period and feel silly afterwards...

magic_number 09-23-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimGuru (Post 1841248)
Options are a pain especially since we don't get our mail correctly. This doesn't happen in my other online league, who knows why.

As to FAs, you can sign them before tonight by offering them a minimum of 2 years, you pay them to watch the FOOL Classic wearing your cap, think of it as a signing bonus.

- Roger that. I was thinking of doing this last year but was not sure if it was a no-no...

Now I know why some GM's keep their payroll low, it's a good way to snatch a guy who wanted too much $$ b4... but has since become more reasonable.

I'm starting to see the way the winds blow around here :devil:

Oops, time to export.

Alan T 09-23-2008 08:35 PM

Sorry, that is not wind.. I had beans for lunch.. :(