Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   FOFC Archive (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Masters ... and Tiger Woods (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77312)

terpkristin 04-06-2010 06:38 AM

The Masters ... and Tiger Woods

I heard on ESPN this morning that Tiger said in his press talk yesterday that he tore his achilles in December. How in the hell is he playing golf in early April?

/tk

miami_fan 04-06-2010 07:28 AM

From what I can tell, he tore it in late 2008.

terpkristin 04-06-2010 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miami_fan (Post 2259316)
From what I can tell, he tore it in late 2008.

Oh, that makes more sense, then. I thought it was December, 2009.

The Masters coverage this year is going to be even more of a circus than usual. I really can't wait for enough time to pass that it can stop being "news" whenever Tiger does or says anything, other than win.

/tk

Dr. Sak 04-06-2010 01:07 PM

As Woods played his practice round, a woman camped near the fifth tee was approached by a member of Woods' considerable security detail and was asked, "Ma'am, are you the stripper?"

The woman looked at the guy like he had a 3-iron growing out of his forehead. Thus, the security guard reached in his pocket and produced a sheet containing the color mugs shots of Woods' alleged mistresses, who are clearly on his watch list. It was a rogue's gallery, indeed.

"We've just got to be extra careful," the guard told the woman.

She wasn't quite sure how to react. But it was hard to view the inquisition as flattering.

Tasan 04-06-2010 01:29 PM

No, there won't be anything unstable about this Masters. Nope, nothing.

flounder 04-06-2010 02:24 PM

There's a day later in the year when anyone who volunteers to work at the National for Masters week can play a round of golf there. Unfortunately, the jobs are mostly things like food service.

If I had known I could pull Tiger Skank Patrol duty I would have signed up in a heartbeat.

Dr. Sak 04-06-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flounder (Post 2259606)
There's a day later in the year when anyone who volunteers to work at the National for Masters week can play a round of golf there. Unfortunately, the jobs are mostly things like food service.

If I had known I could pull Tiger Skank Patrol duty I would have signed up in a heartbeat.

I'd clean toilets for a week to be able to play just once.

Dr. Sak 04-07-2010 11:49 AM

Dan Patrick did a segment today on how CBS told its broadcasters that if they talk about specifics to what happened with Tiger on the air during Masters' coverage that it is a fire-able offense.

MacroGuru 04-07-2010 01:56 PM

I love KSK.......

I am so motivated right now, I could win the masters..

hxxp://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/04/tiger-woods-gets-a-little-extra-motivation.html

Dr. Sak 04-07-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 2260338)
I love KSK.......

I am so motivated right now, I could win the masters..

hxxp://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/04/tiger-woods-gets-a-little-extra-motivation.html

I read that about 15 minutes ago and couldn't stop laughing. :lol: :lol:

flounder 04-09-2010 10:11 AM

Don't mess with Augusta National.

Quote:

An Ohio-based plane that towed banners over the Masters Tournament Thursday poking fun at Tiger Woods' sex scandal is having to return home for now to get some needed repairs required by the Federal Aviation Administration.

Kathleen Bergen, an FAA spokeswoman, said today that two FAA flight safety inspectors had met with the plane's pilot and found all of the proper authorizations were in place but that the plane had some minor mechanical issues that required it to be repaired before it could fly banners again.

Lathum 04-09-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flounder (Post 2259606)

So what's so wrong with food service?

flounder 04-09-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 2261418)
So what's so wrong with food service?

It's seven straight 12 hour days managing a bunch of 16 year olds who would rather be hanging out with their friends than working. You have to constantly walk a fine line between having enough food to serve all the customers and having food sitting in the hot sun for too long. For that, you get 5 bucks an hour and the hope that if you do it for 10 or 15 years straight you may move far enough up the seniority chain to get to play a round of golf there.

Most people do it one year and vow never to work there again. Of course, if you stick it out long enough, you can get one of the easy jobs like being a marshal.

JonInMiddleGA 04-09-2010 09:02 PM

Warning: Audio definitely NSFW (if anybody has these things autostart without clicking let me know & I'll change the embed to a link, but I don't think these links do that)

Radii 04-09-2010 09:25 PM

the infamous tiger voice mail fits pretty well too!

Dutch 04-10-2010 01:45 AM

The scarface/Tiger commercial (while I don't totally agree with the context) was a very effective mix.