Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Random Thoughts That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Go Here (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=77784)

Scoobz0202 12-06-2010 04:12 PM

hxxp://www.rd-india.com/newsite/other/facetoface_dec10.asp

Quote:

Chen has a daily routine—waking up at 3am, she makes her way to the vegetable wholesaler and sets up her stall, which she tends till seven or eight in the evening. The first to arrive in the dark, damp market and the last to leave, other stall-owners have fondly nicknamed her ‘market manager.’ Chen holds the stall her father left her dearly. Yuan-Jin Vegetables is her everything. Selling at “a bundle for 30 dollars*, three bundles for 50,” Chen earns only marginal profits. Yet, her frugality has allowed her to donate about NT$10 million (nearly Rs1.5 crore) [approx. US$330,000] towards various charitable causes, including helping schools, orphanages and poor children.

Ironhead 12-06-2010 06:11 PM

One of the people I work with today finally managed to cement herself as the worst human being I have ever known when she said she wished Jimmy Carter would hurry up and die already. And yes, she was completely serious.

JediKooter 12-06-2010 07:01 PM

Just got off the phone with my dad and my baby sister just got two scholarship letters from colleges wanting her to join them for basketball and volleyball. She's the first in my family to ever get offered a scholarship. So, very cool.

terpkristin 12-06-2010 07:23 PM

Right on, Jedi!

/tk

molson 12-06-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2390114)
Just got off the phone with my dad and my baby sister just got two scholarship letters from colleges wanting her to join them for basketball and volleyball. She's the first in my family to ever get offered a scholarship. So, very cool.

Cool!

Your dad should shop her around to the highest bidder, I think that's allowed now. :)

JonInMiddleGA 12-06-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhead (Post 2390101)
One of the people I work with today finally managed to cement herself as the worst human being I have ever known when she said she wished Jimmy Carter would hurry up and die already. And yes, she was completely serious.

{checks Ironhead's location}

Around these parts, that's not a particularly uncommon sentiment. I couldn't give you a solid count the number of times I've heard it at least alluded to, but it'd be into the dozens.

No shortage of Georgia residents who have never quite forgiven themselves for somehow foisting that nitwit onto the nation.

sterlingice 12-06-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 2389673)
I don't know which is a more serious sign of how easy it is to lead the sheeple:
All the cartoon character pics on Facebook this weekend (in some random child abuse awareness campaign) or the number of people reposting the hoax about the campaign being the work of "pedphiles" (yes, that typo seems to be making the cut & paste rounds along with the hoax).

Damn people, you're on the internet already, is it really that hard to check shit out before you repost it?

I like how "slacktivism" is now making the rounds as a new word because of this and similar

(Oh, and I've been waiting for people to start using images of pedobear)

SI

stevew 12-06-2010 11:05 PM

I had Hammerman. I won the contest.

Passacaglia 12-07-2010 06:07 AM

Speaking of lame things on facebook and people getting up in arms for no reason, a couple family members have posted this (well, I'll just skip straight to the snopes link):

snopes.com: Hanukkah Hams

Basically, the idea is that someone at Walmart put a sign that said "Delicious for Chanukah" in front of a ham. Okay, pretty funny, sure. But since it's Walmart, people are talking about boycotts and how their upper management is stupid. But man:

1. Get off your f'in high horse. It's probably some minimum wage worker who messed it up. Mistakes happen. You're really going to hold an entire company responsible because some moron working behind the deli counter messed up?
2. You're a minority, get used to it. My family likes to make a big deal out of the fact that they're Jewish, IMO they think that makes them special somehow and not just another white middle-class family. Then this happens and they're all, "WTF how can people not realize Jews don't eat pork?" Meanwhile, what they don't know about other religions (for example, Islam) is pretty sad.
3. Except for the vegetarians, no one in my family actually refrains from pork. EDIT: And I'm curious what percent of Jews actually keep kosher. In the strictest sense of kashrut, I'm sure it's extremely low, but I wonder what percent don't eat pork.
4. Turns out, as the snopes link indicates, it's not even from a Walmart in Arizona like the story claims. It's from a grocery store in New York City called Balducci's -- I guess someone figured the story would spread better if it was the evil Walmart behind it all.

JediKooter 12-07-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terpkristin (Post 2390124)
Right on, Jedi!

/tk

Yes! Very cool! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson
Cool!

Your dad should shop her around to the highest bidder, I think that's allowed now. :)

Haha! I didn't even think of that. I wonder if I can get a house out of it? I'm going to have to tell my dad about this.

Mustang 12-07-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passacaglia (Post 2390374)
I guess someone figured the story would spread better if it was the evil Walmart behind it all.

Draft Dodger 12-07-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2390114)

I read this as baby sitter. twice.

JediKooter 12-07-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Dodger (Post 2390504)
I read this as baby sitter. twice.

Haha! Now that you say that, I can see it. :)

MacroGuru 12-08-2010 02:25 PM

Just found out that a friend of mine was the photographer for Glenn Howerton and Jill Latiano's Wedding.

Saw the pics today and Danny DeVito still looks like he did when I met him back in 95.

JediKooter 12-08-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 2391091)
Just found out that a friend of mine was the photographer for Glenn Howerton and Jill Latiano's Wedding.

Saw the pics today and Danny DeVito still looks like he did when I met him back in 95.

Did Danny DeVitio yell at you and tell you to get back in your cab?

MacroGuru 12-08-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2391097)
Did Danny DeVitio yell at you and tell you to get back in your cab?

LOL...I was bumping lifts at Deer Valley Ski Resort and he was skiing. We were joking around and yelled out.. "Little Kid getting on!" Where one of our guys immediately slowed the lift down to almost a crawl..He laughed, said good one guys...wanted to tip us, which we couldn't accept and was on his way up the lift. Was on one of the runs during my break that day and saw him out there. He was a pretty decent skier.

JediKooter 12-08-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacroGuru (Post 2391106)
LOL...I was bumping lifts at Deer Valley Ski Resort and he was skiing. We were joking around and yelled out.. "Little Kid getting on!" Where one of our guys immediately slowed the lift down to almost a crawl..He laughed, said good one guys...wanted to tip us, which we couldn't accept and was on his way up the lift. Was on one of the runs during my break that day and saw him out there. He was a pretty decent skier.

That is pretty cool. Having my love for TV and movies, it's always cool to hear a story about an actor or someone well known in the business, that does not come across as a jerk.

Haha! Nice and he wanted to tip you! Was Mrs. DeVito Perhlman with him?

I'm sure he was pretty decent at skiing with such a low center of gravity. ;)

JonInMiddleGA 12-09-2010 06:59 AM

Teachers who need permission slips for students shouldn't wait until 1145pm the night before to email them & still expect the students to bring them in the following morning.

I might not give an entire kingdom, but I'd certainly give up a province or two just for my son to have a band director that isn't a complete nitwit. Dumb? Lazy? Beats me, but the bitch has less organizational ability than a zombie with Alzheimer's.

Suburban Rhythm 12-09-2010 08:46 AM

What better thread for a site featuring random thoughts than the random thought thread?

Column in today's paper about Beano Cook...and mentions his new website/blog. I loved this entry-

http://www.beano-cook.com/Nov_2010.html

Quote:

]Uncle Sam Wants You – to Become a Millionaire
How would it work? Quite simply. You could play this lottery without leaving your home. Nobody else plays the same number you do: you have a number and it belongs to you (overlapping numbers between US Territories like the Marshall Islands and the states of Maine and New Hampshire notwithstanding). Nine digits. Yours until death. You and the number go to the cemetery together. The number? Your social security number.

stevew 12-09-2010 10:17 AM

I love it when obnoxious really really fat chicks start talking about having dating standards. It's almost as bad as when internet dudes start talking about how they wouldn't have sex with Angelina Jolie.

stevew 12-09-2010 02:19 PM

Some fuckstick took out my mailbox today. It's too fucking cold to fix it good now.

DanGarion 12-09-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2391652)
Some fuckstick took out my mailbox today. It's too fucking cold to fix it good now.

Hasn't that happened to you before?

Izulde 12-09-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2391515)
I love it when obnoxious really really fat chicks start talking about having dating standards. It's almost as bad as when internet dudes start talking about how they wouldn't have sex with Angelina Jolie.

Isn't that all of Pennsylvania?

Matthean 12-09-2010 04:22 PM

Jessica Simpson's fashion line will break the $1 billion mark next year.

stevew 12-09-2010 04:34 PM

I didn't realize there was that big of a market for plus sized clothes.

(and yes, i would still have sex with her)

stevew 12-09-2010 07:43 PM

Just finished my first semester of school in 16 years. I feel so lost with nothing due for the next 5 weeks.

terpkristin 12-09-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2391763)
Just finished my first semester of school in 16 years. I feel so lost with nothing due for the next 5 weeks.

I could give you an assignment if it'll make you feel better. ;) I'm sure I could dig up something that needs doing. :D

Alll kidding aside, congrats. Whatcha studying?

/tk

stevew 12-10-2010 11:01 AM

Mad at world :shakes fist
Some kid at my daughter's school caused a lice outbreak.

Ksyrup 12-10-2010 11:20 AM

So my 6 year old daughter has decided to start calling me "bro" or "dude" instead of Dad. Will have to nip this in the bud quickly - although it was kinda cute the first couple of times.

JediKooter 12-10-2010 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2391948)
Mad at world :shakes fist
Some kid at my daughter's school caused a lice outbreak.

It was probably this kid:

stevew 12-10-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2391953)
So my 6 year old daughter has decided to start calling me "bro" or "dude" instead of Dad. Will have to nip this in the bud quickly - although it was kinda cute the first couple of times.

I'd probably let it go if she was calling you 'Brah'.

DataKing 12-10-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksyrup (Post 2391953)

This is pretty damn funny actually...

Mustang 12-10-2010 12:37 PM

To the person that gave me 2 stars for being bitter that a 4x4x4 5 ounce parcel cost $2 to ship it to you and you received 3 days after you bought it.. go fuck yourself.

stevew 12-10-2010 12:52 PM

isnt that the idea?

Mustang 12-10-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2391974)
isnt that the idea?

I don't follow?

JediKooter 12-10-2010 01:23 PM

Where the heck is everyone today? Awfully quiet in here...

stevew 12-10-2010 01:23 PM

I thought you sold sexual aids.

Mustang 12-10-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2391983)
I thought you sold sexual aids.

:D

Speaking of slow today, that would be me cuz I completely missed that...

I guess I have to find a cheaper way to ship spermacidal lube.

JediKooter 12-10-2010 01:33 PM

Every sperm is sacred.

Mustang 12-10-2010 04:28 PM

I see a small claims court case in my future.

Went with a contractor back in October to do our windows. Signed the contract, paid the 1/3 upfront, was supposed to have the windows order and in their hands in 4 weeks and installation before Thanksgiving.

Hey, guess who doesn't have their windows installed yet? Ya.. this guy.

For the last few weeks it has been nothing, but one thing or another. They are finishing up this job or that job.. should be soon. Oh, we can come over tomorrow. (Nevermind that it is 4:30 PM and I'm not around tomorrow and I'm not comfortable just leaving someone have the run of the house). Now one guy was injured and another guy is sick.

Monday was scheduled.. now Monday might be too cold so they have to push it. Push it to when? I have no idea since their communication skills are for complete shit. Had no concerns this being done by 12/31 for the tax credit stuff.. but now?

JonInMiddleGA 12-10-2010 06:28 PM

We didn't do a HSFB thread this year, but I'm watching an awesome game on GPB Home

Calhoun just tied it at 24 to force OT vs Buford. Buford going for their 4th straight state title, Calhoun has come from 17 down in the 2nd half to get this far.

JonInMiddleGA 12-10-2010 06:37 PM

Buford wins it 31-24, RB Dominique Swope (considering Aub, UGA, GT) gets a TD (turf toe & all), Wolves defense holds on 3rd & short and 4th & 10.

4th straight title, only the 2nd team in state history to accomplish that feat (West Rome early 80's the other). And btw, most of the key players for Buford this year were juniors so they'll be favored to go for #5 next year.

Matthean 12-11-2010 07:46 AM

TIL how to make Google beatbox for you! : todayilearned

Matthean 12-11-2010 07:47 AM

kim jong-il looking at things

sabotai 12-11-2010 04:53 PM

Just ate a Lean Cuisine Chicken with Lasagna Rollatini. Not only was the Lasagna really horrible, the chicken had a bone in it, and was really horrible.

Early New Year's resolution: Learn to cook.

molson 12-11-2010 10:48 PM

Gotta love minor league basketball.

Saw the Idaho Stampede tonight. At an early stoppage of play, they had a pepsi max chugging contest. This was a bad idea, and the result was predictable. One of the kids just kind of stopped, and was grabbing his stomach. He puked a little into a towel, and then let loose when they got a bucket out to him. The other kid won by default.

At halftime, there was a 5 foot tall acrobat/tightrope guy - he had a portable tight rope thing where he was only maybe 10-15 feet off the ground, but there was no net or other precautions. He's jumping around on the wire, riding a unicycle, jumping rope, and then - the big finale - a backflip on the tightrope. He missed, crotched himself on the wire, and then just kind of crumpled to the floor. Fortunately, I think he knows how to fall safely, and after a few seconds in a fetal position, he was back up there to try again, and he nailed it.

Antoine Walker was out there for the Stampede, and he looked SLOW.

sterlingice 12-12-2010 10:01 AM

I'm so proud of my Idaho Stampede shirt at this moment ;)

I was at Game 3 (of 3 game series) of the NBADL Finals a couple of years ago when I was in Boise for training. On one side were the Austin Toros coached by former Mizzou coach Quin Snyder. But the Stampede prevailed, led by occasional-NBA'er and league MVP Randy Livingston in his final professional game.

SI

stevew 12-12-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molson (Post 2392462)
Gotta love minor league basketball.

Saw the Idaho Stampede tonight. At an early stoppage of play, they had a pepsi max chugging contest. This was a bad idea, and the result was predictable. One of the kids just kind of stopped, and was grabbing his stomach. He puked a little into a towel, and then let loose when they got a bucket out to him. The other kid won by default.

At halftime, there was a 5 foot tall acrobat/tightrope guy - he had a portable tight rope thing where he was only maybe 10-15 feet off the ground, but there was no net or other precautions. He's jumping around on the wire, riding a unicycle, jumping rope, and then - the big finale - a backflip on the tightrope. He missed, crotched himself on the wire, and then just kind of crumpled to the floor. Fortunately, I think he knows how to fall safely, and after a few seconds in a fetal position, he was back up there to try again, and he nailed it.

Antoine Walker was out there for the Stampede, and he looked SLOW.

How does anyone have a chugging competition after that "Wee for a Wii" thingy a few years back that killed that lady.

molson 12-12-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2392542)
How does anyone have a chugging competition after that "Wee for a Wii" thingy a few years back that killed that lady.

That was my first thought - but it was only a 20oz bottle, whoever finished that first won. There's no risk of water intoxication drinking only that much (but there is a serious risk of upchucking).

molson 12-12-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2392536)
I'm so proud of my Idaho Stampede shirt at this moment ;)

I was at Game 3 (of 3 game series) of the NBADL Finals a couple of years ago when I was in Boise for training. On one side were the Austin Toros coached by former Mizzou coach Quin Snyder. But the Stampede prevailed, led by occasional-NBA'er and league MVP Randy Livingston in his final professional game.

SI

They've actually retired Randy Livingston's number.

Poli 12-12-2010 01:39 PM

A car flipped over outside of my church this morning thanks to the snow. I ran over and helped him out of the car. He was okay, but obviously not happy about flipping the car.

sterlingice 12-12-2010 01:40 PM

My wife and I were making fruit salad and talking with a friend online and the following came up. So, quick, if you can do this without looking:

What are the five "fruits" in generic school lunch fruit cocktail?

(Also, I don't care what if your school decided to "spruce things up" by adding something odd like watermelon. We're talking about what is the standard Del Monte fruit cup that schools imitated.)

Spoiler

SI

JonInMiddleGA 12-12-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterlingice (Post 2392637)
My wife and I were making fruit salad and talking with a friend online and the following came up. So, quick, if you can do this without looking: ...

I only got 4 of 5, missed the one your friend missed & tbh, don't know that I ever realized that one was in there. I remembered the stuff pretty clearly (or so I thought) but don't believe I ever ate a bite of it in my life.

Poli 12-12-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

"mayhem" from State Farm Insurance
I love ice-skating. It's really just running around on an icy surface with knives strapped to your feet.

Passacaglia 12-13-2010 08:24 AM

4 of 5 here, I couldn't think of the second one.

stevew 12-14-2010 02:45 AM

This snow is getting way out of hand. Absolutely fucking insane.

Izulde 12-14-2010 03:12 AM

Well, this is one of the more unusual eBay bids I've made, but it's all my roommate's fault.

Mustang 12-14-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2393685)
This snow is getting way out of hand. Absolutely fucking insane.

I hate snow. I have no idea why I continue to live in Wisconsin.

JediKooter 12-14-2010 10:40 AM

I'm wondering if I saw the beginnings of a high speed chase on the freeway this morning. Motorcycle was in front of a highway patrol car with its lights flashing and it didn't look like the motorcycle was making any effort to pull over. A couple of miles down the freeway, I see a different CHP car with its lights flashing, hauling ass past everyone.

Eaglesfan27 12-14-2010 10:48 AM

Eaglesfan (the original) and I get mixed up sometimes. It could become even worse soon, as I am looking at a house in Mays Landing, NJ and could be in the same location as him.

JediKooter 12-14-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 (Post 2393803)
Eaglesfan (the original) and I get mixed up sometimes. It could become even worse soon, as I am looking at a house in Mays Landing, NJ and could be in the same location as him.

Will this upset the space/time continuum by any chance?

DataKing 12-14-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2393804)
Will this upset the space/time continuum by any chance?

Only if they occupy the same space at the same time, and I choose not to think about that happening...

tyketime 12-14-2010 11:18 AM

I can't freakin take the intrusion of ads everywhere. Here is the latest brainchild:

Quote:

The marketing world is drawing up plans to invade one of the last bastions of media that is largely advertising-free: books.

As e-books proliferate, advertisers are experimenting with ways to pitch to consumers while they read, a trend that could change the publishing business but faces opposition from some traditionalists.

Marketers are exploring a variety of formats, including sponsorships that give readers free books. Videos, graphics or text with an advertiser's message that appear when a person first starts a book or along the border of the digital pages are also in the works. Ads can be targeted based on the book's content and the demographic and profile information of the reader.

Mustang 12-14-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DataKing (Post 2393807)
Only if they occupy the same space at the same time, and I choose not to think about that happening...

DataKing 12-14-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyketime (Post 2393819)
I can't freakin take the intrusion of ads everywhere. Here is the latest brainchild:

One more reason why I am glad I have stuck with paper...

stevew 12-14-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2393824)

love the timecop reference. For some reason I always think about Ron Silver when someone says they can't be in two places at the same time.

stevew 12-14-2010 11:48 AM

Since we're talking about Timecop, I really think that could have been a really good movie if not for the fact that it starred JCVD and he sucks. Maybe in like 10 more years they will remake it with good actors, a real budget and some better writing and we'll have a top notch trilogy.

JediKooter 12-14-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DataKing (Post 2393807)

Haha! Yes! I guess more people watched Timecop than I thought.

Mustang 12-15-2010 12:04 AM

for our holiday party, I just made bacon wrapped water chestnuts and bacon wrapped pretzel rods (pretzel rods wrapped in center cut bacon, microwaved for around 2 minutes for 6 and then dusted with nacho cheese popcorn seasoning).

The pretzel rods won't make it out the door since I just ate 10 of them...

JonInMiddleGA 12-15-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2394183)
for our holiday party, I just made bacon wrapped water chestnuts and bacon wrapped pretzel rods (pretzel rods wrapped in center cut bacon, microwaved for around 2 minutes for 6 and then dusted with nacho cheese popcorn seasoning).

Does the bacon not just fall/slide/slip off the pretzel rods? I'm having a tough time getting my head around how this works in terms of staying together.

stevew 12-15-2010 12:47 AM

Stuck in a traffic standstill for an hour plus now. I'm right before the exit I need. This job sucks. This night sucks. Fuck everything, this is fucking bullshit

Mustang 12-15-2010 12:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA (Post 2394191)
Does the bacon not just fall/slide/slip off the pretzel rods? I'm having a tough time getting my head around how this works in terms of staying together.

You just spiral the bacon strip down and it adheres to the pretzel rod fairly well. (also works well with the hard style breadsticks). Just need to cook on top of paper towels so the grease soaks into the towels. The pretzel rods will soften a little bit from the bacon grease, but not alot. Of course, assuming you use center cut..

This is what they look like after microwaving..

stevew 12-15-2010 12:53 AM

Supposedly the wreckage is clear but now the cops gotta "wake up" a bunch of sleeping semi drivers. So fucking dumb

stevew 12-15-2010 12:57 AM

I'm about to start treating people like they were reginald denny.

stevew 12-15-2010 01:14 AM

I'm trying to stay calm but shit like this makes me wanna rage all bezerker and shit. I fucking hayte most semi drivers and I'm sure some asshead was going too fast for fucking conditions and supposedly caused this multiple commercial vehicle pileup.

stevew 12-15-2010 01:16 AM

Now past the 1.5 hour mark. Now I know how the test audience for The Little Fockers felt

stevew 12-15-2010 01:19 AM

What better: spening 1.5 hours stationary, or watching any 3 of the Grady episodes from Sanford and Son.

TCY Junkie 12-15-2010 01:39 AM

I once was stationary for over 3 hours one time. Semi wrecked and hit a sign that crossed the highway, I was on the way home from lone star park. There was jockey challenge that night, I had pval on a favorite with just prado on a 9 to 1 shot. It was ten dollar exacta. While waiting I had plenty of time wishing I would have boxed them cause prado always beats me. Got home and checked online and all I can say is I got stuck in traffic for over three hours how do you think it came in.

JonInMiddleGA 12-15-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang (Post 2394193)
You just spiral the bacon strip down and it adheres to the pretzel rod fairly well. (also works well with the hard style breadsticks). Just need to cook on top of paper towels so the grease soaks into the towels. The pretzel rods will soften a little bit from the bacon grease, but not alot. Of course, assuming you use center cut.. This is what they look like after microwaving..

Okay, makes more sense now w/ the pic. Those are bigger pretzels than what I was thinking of.

Ksyrup 12-15-2010 06:59 AM

Listening to Rob Dibble hurts my ears and destroys my soul, bit by bit. This morning's brilliant comment, in talking about Cashman and the original Steinbrenner:

"It's like HR Block - when the boss talks you listen."

First of all it's H&R Block, not HR Pufnstuf, dumbass. Second of all, that reference is so damn old, I wouldn't expect anyone under the age of maybe 32 to get it. And third of all, it's freakin' EF HUTTON YOU GODDAMN MORON!!!

That guy who works with him...I'd love to see a Mike & Mike-type camera on their show every day. That guy must bite his tongue a million times a morning when Dibble says something stupid. I couldn't imagine working with someone that stupid and not just unleashing the focking fury on him, throwing my headphones down, and walking out of there. It would be so tempting, I bet.

Suburban Rhythm 12-15-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2394192)
Stuck in a traffic standstill for an hour plus now. I'm right before the exit I need. This job sucks. This night sucks. Fuck everything, this is fucking bullshit

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2394194)
Supposedly the wreckage is clear but now the cops gotta "wake up" a bunch of sleeping semi drivers. So fucking dumb

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2394195)
I'm about to start treating people like they were reginald denny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2394196)
I'm trying to stay calm but shit like this makes me wanna rage all bezerker and shit. I fucking hayte most semi drivers and I'm sure some asshead was going too fast for fucking conditions and supposedly caused this multiple commercial vehicle pileup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2394197)
Now past the 1.5 hour mark. Now I know how the test audience for The Little Fockers felt

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2394198)
What better: spening 1.5 hours stationary, or watching any 3 of the Grady episodes from Sanford and Son.

I can't believe this wasn't made into a dynasty thread.

sabotai 12-15-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevew (Post 2394197)

Heh. The other day when the trailer for that movie came on TV, I thought that it's probably not a good sign when 2/3rds of the trailer for a movie consists of clips from 2 other movies.

DanGarion 12-15-2010 02:13 PM

My first experience in the fine state of Texas was spending well over 1 hour at 11 PM on the top of the I-635 to Highway 75 overpass while they did construction. Just what I was looking forward to doing after flying in.

Tim Tellean 12-16-2010 11:37 AM

Snoopy v. Red Baron Snoopy's Christmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlf--...ature=youtu.be

Yay!!!

Poli 12-16-2010 12:14 PM

I might be the only guy in America wondering why I haven't had players standing like a wall on the sideline. I mean, don't try and hurt anyone or trip a player, but I like the intimidation concept. Seems like I'm the only one thinking "that's a great idea."

JediKooter 12-16-2010 07:08 PM

Just getting around to this...Was driving to work this morning and sneezed, which pulled a bunch of muscles by the bottom of my ribs on the left side. I did the exact same thing to my right side, but, further up, a little over a year and a half ago. WTF???? The pain on my right side still has not completely gone away and now I look forward to months and months of pain on the other side now. Awesome.

MJ4H 12-16-2010 07:28 PM

A student of mine turned me on to the soundtrack to How to Train Your Dragon (how to drain your dragon might be an interesting movie rite). I have never considered watching this movie, but this score is pretty bad ass. The track called Test Flight is kicking my ass all over the place. Can't stop listening to it.

Poli 12-16-2010 07:51 PM

Test Drive?

MJ4H 12-16-2010 07:54 PM

Yeah I think that's it. Sorry.

McSweeny 12-16-2010 07:55 PM

I seem to have survived my first trip to the penalty box.

Poli 12-16-2010 07:59 PM

Welcome to the NHL.

DataKing 12-17-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2395228)
Just getting around to this...Was driving to work this morning and sneezed, which pulled a bunch of muscles by the bottom of my ribs on the left side. I did the exact same thing to my right side, but, further up, a little over a year and a half ago. WTF???? The pain on my right side still has not completely gone away and now I look forward to months and months of pain on the other side now. Awesome.

Are you related to Sammy Sosa?

Ksyrup 12-17-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poli (Post 2394976)
I like the intimidation concept.

This is the new NFL, son. Intimidation is one of those things, like hitting people hard and celebrating accomplishments, that won't be tolerated anymore.

Mustang 12-17-2010 10:19 AM

Man, having a morning...

Found out one of my friends had a heart attack and is in a coma and then found out the biggest customer for my department was bought out. (accounts probably for 1/4 of our revenue at least so.. no idea how that affects my future). Daughter is sick and new windows are getting put in now...

Draft Dodger 12-17-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediKooter (Post 2395228)

I do this a lot. Not sneezing, but some other little inane thing (reaching for something, for example) that pulls a muscle in my ribcage. I've literally lost count with the number of times it has happened to me in the last 15 years.

JediKooter 12-17-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DataKing (Post 2395506)
Are you related to Sammy Sosa?

Haha! I might as well be if I keep doing that. However, I have never used a corked bat.

Sun Tzu 12-17-2010 01:46 PM

JediKooter has the last post in like...15 threads right now.

I remember when we only had four total forums here @ FOFC, and Wig went on a rampage one evening on all four. He had the last post in something like 40 threads spread out, then when other people would respond, he would go back and edit his OP to make the response absolutely hilarious.

Awesome.

JediKooter 12-17-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Tzu (Post 2395634)
JediKooter has the last post in like...15 threads right now.

I remember when we only had four total forums here @ FOFC, and Wig went on a rampage one evening on all four. He had the last post in something like 40 threads spread out, then when other people would respond, he would go back and edit his OP to make the response absolutely hilarious.

Awesome.

Slow day at work and thanks for the idea. I'm off to edit some posts...

Eaglesfan27 12-17-2010 04:43 PM

Prepare for the universe to explode or something - I just verbally accepted a job offer to return to NJ and there is a good chance I will be buying a house in Mays Landing, NJ ;)

JediKooter 12-17-2010 04:59 PM

Congrats EF27!!!