Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My NYC Trip (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=86882)

21C 04-05-2013 01:39 AM

My NYC Trip

I'm coming to NYC next week to hang out and go to four Yankees and three Mets games over the next sixteen days. Throw in a game at the NY Rangers and Brooklyn Nets and I'm going to be pretty busy.

I've been planning this trip in my head for a while but decided to pull the trigger now. I really wanted to go when things were a little warmer there but my job didn't fit in. I think the catalyst was the upcoming trip of Markus and the OOTP crew to NY in late May but that is the busiest time of my teaching year and it wouldn't look good, especially after my recent promotion.

The one thing that I only just found out about yesterday was the whole online homeland security check (ESTA). I had no idea about this so I'm lucky I found out now before it is hopefully too late.

Logan 04-05-2013 06:57 AM

That's a hell of a sports itinerary, good for you. I think it's a good idea to throw in the hockey/basketball games as after the first couple baseball games you'll "get it" and the weather isn't the best for baseball right now, obviously.

Where will you be staying? If you need bar/restaurant recommendations, let me know.

21C 04-05-2013 07:10 AM

I've booked a hotel around Times Square so I'll be close to a lot of sights. I just booked a ticket to a taping of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart but had to eventually cancel it since it clashed with the hockey game I was going to.

britrock88 04-05-2013 09:06 AM

See all the art you can!

BYU 14 04-05-2013 09:49 AM

And squeeze in a bus tour of the city if you have a free day

Passacaglia 04-05-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britrock88 (Post 2807124)
See all the art you can!

Hard to find pictures, but here's the best I can do:

GoldenEagle 04-05-2013 10:57 AM

Are the Redbulls in town? You could see Tim Cahill.

Klinglerware 04-05-2013 12:25 PM

College Lacrosse, if you are still in town in late April...

Konica Minolta Big City Classic

DaddyTorgo 04-05-2013 12:43 PM

Just NYC for 16 days??

claphamsa 04-05-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo (Post 2807208)
Just NYC for 16 days??

this was my thought....

so much within a short hop of there...

21C 04-05-2013 05:21 PM

Yeah, I've done other cities close by in the past like Boston, Philadelphia and DC but I'm looking forward to just staying put in one place without all of the packing and unpacking. I want to explore as many museums and galleries in that time as well.

DaddyTorgo 04-05-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21C (Post 2807348)
Yeah, I've done other cities close by in the past like Boston, Philadelphia and DC but I'm looking forward to just staying put in one place without all of the packing and unpacking. I want to explore as many museums and galleries in that time as well.

:p

21C 04-22-2013 02:08 PM

I'm about halfway through my stay and am really enjoying it all. The sports games have definitely been my highlight so far but the atmosphere at the Mets game seemed a little flat - maybe because it was a day game. My first Yankees game was freezing. I was bundled up pretty well but had to bail in the 8th inning.

I've been to the Metropolitan, MOMA and the Frick as well. The Met blew me away as I probably only saw about a tenth of the place. I will try and get to the Guggenheim later in the week.

I'm going to see Newsies on Broadway tonight and I've got a ticket to a taping of the Daily Show tomorrow. I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend today on the Brooklyn Bridge. I took a couple of photos and just emailed them to him so they should get a little memento of the occasion.

I'm also digging the NY bagels and pizzas.

Logan 04-22-2013 03:31 PM

Halfway through and not even a PM? Poor visitor's etiquette.

sterlingice 04-22-2013 03:53 PM

I had that feeling about the Met, too. I spent about 4 hours there and felt like I didn't see a thing.

SI

21C 04-22-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 2814109)
Halfway through and not even a PM? Poor visitor's etiquette.

PM sent :)

21C 04-22-2013 04:08 PM

Since I've been to an MLB, NBA and NHL game, I was hoping to get the quadfecta of somehow getting into the NFL draft - even if it were one of the later rounds but the first round would have been the jewel. However, being a longtime Bucs fan, the attraction of the draft suffered a little with the trade for Revis. I'm happy that the Bucs got Revis but my interest in the first round waned especially since there are no real high profile players as far as I am concerned. I'll still be following it closely though.