Front Office Football Central

Front Office Football Central (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Any fans of the COIN board game series? (http://forums.operationsports.com/fofc//showthread.php?t=97358)

Umbrella 04-12-2021 11:21 AM

Any fans of the COIN board game series?

I've just picked up my third game (Pendragon) in addition to the two I already have (Fire in the Lake and Liberty or Death). I'm finding I am really enjoying these mechanics. Most notably because I can't ever get players to play, so I can play these solitaire mode with the bots.

I've heard these three are some of the more complex games in the series, so I was wondering would I not like some of the earlier, simpler games as much?

HerRealName 04-12-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umbrella (Post 3333182)
I've just picked up my third game (Pendragon) in addition to the two I already have (Fire in the Lake and Liberty or Death). I'm finding I am really enjoying these mechanics. Most notably because I can't ever get players to play, so I can play these solitaire mode with the bots.

I've heard these three are some of the more complex games in the series, so I was wondering would I not like some of the earlier, simpler games as much?

I've come close to buying Falling Sky approximately 200 times but never pulled the trigger. If I go to GMT, it's probably still sitting in my cart :) I wish I didn't get so lazy about learning new game systems but here we are.

Lathum 04-12-2021 01:26 PM

Is this a steam thing, or an actual board game?

Galaril 04-12-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathum (Post 3333196)
Is this a steam thing, or an actual board game?

Board game.

Vince, Pt. II 04-12-2021 07:12 PM

I've heard such good things about these games, but I've never taken the time.

tarcone 04-12-2021 08:45 PM

I like them They are really well done. I would suggest buying or playing Cuba Libre first. It is tight in space and easy to see the mechanics and how things interact. It is also the easiest of the series.

Galaril 04-13-2021 07:13 AM

Yeah agree with Tarcone Cuba is by far the easiest to try a d see if you like the system. They are overall very involved with a lot going on but once you learning the Coin system it is a bit easier to follow but they are always going to be on the heavier side of gaming. They have solo bots for a lot of them but those are also very involved. YMMV.

Umbrella 04-13-2021 01:27 PM

The first one I got was Fire in the Lake, which I've heard is one of the more complicated bots. I guess they are making a new bot system for that game, but I haven't heard how it is yet. The others haven't been too bad since that one.

The games I have were chosen because of the theme, so Distant Plain will probably be the next one for me.

GrantDawg 04-23-2021 05:57 AM

This revolution will not be televised.