View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #298
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OT Terry Harper left us to go start for Fresno State. Too bad, I probably would have played him much more this year.

OG Scott Standlee left us to go to Maryland.

Oh well, at least we now have 15 scholarships open and will get a bit more recruiting money.

So, we have 15 scholarships and 2 more possible if Wes or Dwone goes. I think both are likely to go pro this year.

So assuming they go, I'll eventually be recruiting 17.

Looking at our QB situation with all 3 going next year, I'd like to bring in 2 true H.S. Players, but certainly at least 1.

Assuming that Wes goes, I'll want one HB. I'm going to recruit one early.

We are set at FB for now, particularly with us running more 3 and 4 WR sets.

We are probably going to lose one or two of our super trio of Freshman to the draft next year early, but we really don't need anyone yet. I might recruit one if there is a great WR who really wants to come here.

We only have two TE's and I'll look to add one quality TE.

With our defection of Terry Harper, we are very thin behind the starters, and honestly a top recruit could beat Mike Walker. I certainly want to add 1 T at least.

I think we have good starters and decent depth at G despite Standlee's defection. I might recruit one, but only if it is a very good recruit who wants to come here.

I think we are set at C for another year.

Since, Brad moved outside, we are really set at DE with good starters and great depth if they develop like I think they can.

At DT, I'd like to add at least one touted recruit, possibly 2.

At MLB we are set with Bratton as our starter and decent depth behind him.

At OLB, I'd like to add one good player for depth, but it is not essential.

I'm assuming Dwone is going pro. In that case, we will need 2 quality cornerbacks, and I wouldn't be upset if we added 3 (knowing that one might transfer later.)

I think Nate Ferrario has a chance to be a special FS and Drayton has the makings of a good backup, but I wouldn't mind adding one more for depth, but it isn't essential.

I'm not happy with Courtney as our SS. Kevin might take over the role, but I'd love to bring one guy to challenge them.

I'm happy enough with our kickers for now.

So, with my first 15 I'm going after:

1 QB

1 RB

Maybe 1 WR

1 TE

2 T's.

Maybe 1 G

1 DT

1 OLB

2 CB's

Maybe 1 FS

1 SS

Even if I add the maybes that is only 13. So, I'll definitely go after that. I'll also go after 2 others that are highly touted regardless of position.

Now, that I'm making this team my own, I can have a bit more flexibility during recruiting.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote