View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In the first 10 minutes, our shots aren't falling and theirs are. Fingelton has 2 blocks, but it isn't enough as we are down 15-8.

I'm going to ask Klein to play a few minutes to give Fingelton a breather.

Frazier's 3 point shooting is better than Rick Johnsen's and he has brought us back to a tie game with 2 quick baskets!

Klein could only play about 3 minutes, but it gave Fingelton a good breather.

Despite some horrible rebounding, we are up 17-15 with 5 minutes left in the half. Everyone is contributing a bit.

Damon Guinn comes in firing as he comes off the bench, and he nails his first 3.

Frazier has a great steal and throws a lob pass which Linton catches up to and slams home! He gets a foul as well which Linton makes to make it 24-19 with 2 minutes left.

Damon Guinn hits a last second shot to make it 28-25 our lead going into the half.

Eddie Crawford has been our best player in the first half. He has 6 points, 2 rebounds, 1 steal. However, Guinn has also been very good in limited time.

They are getting great penetration while we are getting a couple of 3's from Rick Johnsen. It is 46-43 they lead with 10 minutes left in the game.

Crawford hits a 3 to make it 46-46!

Their backup SG Kolin Belin is dribbling inside at will, but Rick Johnsen his two more big shots to make it 50-50 with 8:30 left.

They steal two passes and quickly make it 54-50. Fingelton is tired, and I decide to test my luck with Klein's injury for a quick breather.

They steal another pass and make another fast break slam to make it 56-50.

Klein hits a FG and makes an assist on a 3 by Gelbard but we are down 61-57 with 4:30 to go when he can't play any more.

With 1:15 left, Flowers sinks 2 FT's to make it 63-63.

Fingelton gets a stop and Frazier gets the rebound for us.

Fingelton catches the ball down low for us and hits the turn-around jumper. 65-63 with 47 seconds left.

Fingelton fouls their shooter down low, and he misses both FT's! Fingelton gets the rebound. They foul Frazier a few seconds later with 25 seconds left in the game.

Frazier misses both FT's and they have the ball with 23 seconds left.

Offensive foul against their star PG Andre Smith!

We get the ball with 18 seconds left.

I put my best 5 FT shooters out there including Bobby Jones, a SF who is seeing his first action this year.

They have to foul Flowers, my best FT shooter on the team.

Flowers hits both FT's and we lead 67-63 with 13 seconds left.

They call a timeout and I put my defensive lineup in the game.

They miss a shot, get an offensive rebound, miss another shot and time runs out!

We win 67-63.

We shot 42.6% overall and 46.2% (6 of 13) from 3 PT land.

We held them to 38.8% overall and 30.8% (4 of 13) from 3 pt land.

The freshman Rick Johnsen led the team with 15 points on 6 of 11 shooting in 26 minutes.

Crawford had 14 points on 6 of 15 shooting in 31 minutes.

Flowers led the team with 5 assists. He also had 4 turnovers. He also had 8 points in 29 minutes.

Fingelton led the team with 10 boards. He also had 6 points in 31 minutes.

Eddie Crawford was named player of the game. He had 14 points, 1 assist, 3 turnovers, 5 boards, and 2 steals.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote