View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 10:52 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15 minute mark: We are down 10-8 and they have the ball. Ivan Olson, their SG has hit 2 3's.

10 minute mark: We've cooled off Olson, but they are playing decent defense. Klein is our main scorer. We are up 15-14.

5 minute mark: They are doing a good job of breaking down our zone at times, but we are hanging even. 22-22. Klein and our guards are doing a nice job of scoring.

Halftime: 36-33 lead for us.

We are shooting 41.9% and 16.7% from behind the arc (1 of 6.)

They are shooting 35.5% and 50% (4-8) from behind the arc.

We have equal rebounds and about equal turnovers (We've caused them to have one more.)

Linton picks up his 4th foul 2 minutes into the second half. As a result, I have to play Gelbard sooner at SF than usual. Klein will play his more natural PF though.

Klein immediately responds with a hook shot in the paint and then a block at the other end.

15 minute mark: Their center is starting to shred our 3-2 zone. He has 8 points in the last 5 minutes. However, we are making their guards miss shots. 47-45 lead for us.

With 13:48 left, Klein picks up his 4th foul and I'm suddenly in trouble. I decide to put Linton in and hope that he can last a good long time without fouling out.

10 minute mark: We are down 58-53, but we have two of their big guys in foul trouble as well.

9:23 Linton fouls out, and I decide to tempt fate with Klein.

5 minute mark: Guinn and Gelbard have hit big 3's to close the gap that was forming (they were up by 9 at one point.) We are down 66-63.

With 4:10 left, Klein fouls out. We are down 68-66 and they have the ball.

Crawford steals the ball and goes the length of the court for the jam! 68-68.

Crawford with another steal, but we are stopped at the other end.

With 1:16 and the score tied 68-68, we foul their center. He hits one, and misses the second, but their PF gets the rebound and puts it back. 71-68.

Guinn turns the ball over as he tries to dribble into the lane.

Kinzer steals it and throws it up the court for Flowers to layup. 71-70.

They run it up the court and hit a quick 3. Ivan Olson is killing us from outside. 74-70 with 45 seconds left.

We try to get off a 3, but they block the shot. We foul them.

They miss both FT's.

We miss a 3. Game over.

Game over. 74-70 loss to end the streak

They shot 45.2% from the field. They shot 38.9% from behind the arc (7 of 18.)

We shot 41.3% and 36.4% from behind the arc (4-11.)

We caused 18 turnovers and only made 11 of our own.

We were outrebounded 45-32.

We had 25 Fast Break Points. A very disappointing loss, but at least we were close against one of the top teams in the conference.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote