Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 04:45 PM   #447
PilotMan
Head Coach

Here we go!

#146 Tomoaki Watanabe 1-2-2(0) v. #145 Faustino Virgen 0-5-1(0)

This fight is scheduled for four rounds.

I gave him his ultimatum. He already knew it though. He really has no choice in the matter. He has to let it all hang out right here, and now. Round one saw Tomoaki press, the first few times he came in he was peppered with shots that forced him back. It didn’t take much time and he was soon able to exert himself the way he did in the first fight. BOOM! A left to the temple and Virgen found himself on the floor. He staggered up at 6 and bravely fought the round. He was able to avoid most of Wantabe’s shots until the end of the round, but survived to see the next one.

Round two was closer, and Virgen did much better and forcing the action and keeping my guy going backward. I still think that Watanabe did more damage, and it showed on the face of Virgen. Tomoaki has to go out and keep the pressure up. He should he up by three points by now, so if he does lose both rounds, he still should win. But with his career on the line, I won’t have him taking any chances.

I have never, I repeat never, seen a round like this one. Never, ever.....never. The first minute was all Watanabe. He landed some of the biggest shots of the fight. Virgen was stunned and reeling and looked like he was going to be out on his feet. The next Virgen land a left jab, followed by a short right hook that caught Tomoaki coming in. He shook and went down hard. He did get up by the six count, and didn’t look to bad. Both men went toe to toe for the last minute, with both men being dangerously close to finishing the other. I don’t know how it happened. Tomoaki still lost the round, but he did a fair bit of damage on Virgen too. He needs round 4.

Apparently the ref likes to see the guys duke it out. Tomoaki started this like last round. He really commanded the ring and landed a good number of power punches. Near the middle of the round he was doing well. An uppercut inside did the most damage though, and Virgen tasted the canvas again. He was up at the 7 count, but continued to take punishment until the end. I have see fight’s stopped for less. So this one will go to the cards. Here is the result.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote