View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 11:03 PM   #257
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade - help me come up with a better strategy ... that is why I initially posted this. I wasn't able to just snap my fingers and come up with a solution that breaks the game wide open but I think this avenue (if done correctly) presents some different/harder challenges for the pirates than hunting us down one by one.

It is easy enough for us to all play separately. And if we go that route then I'll just keep looking for gold on my own and try to get a monopoly going. But I'm also worried about wasting turns trying to elude pirates with little benefit if/when they come to kill me. In the group plan we hopefully have some kind of information when someone is killed - who broke from their group, who didn't do what they said they would during watch, etc.

It is a long way from perfect. But I would rather have you helping me put together a better plan than saying I'm a pirate for suggesting this. Conversely, I'm not intimating that anyone who opposes my plan is a pirate. But I do think that it is short-sighted to think that a lack of coordination is our best defense.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote