View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 10:23 PM   #158
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
I think what happened to the Doobies was one of the most radical shifts in rock music. The band that put out China Grove, Listen to the Music, Rockin' Down the Highway, Long Train Running and Jesus is Just Alright gave way to crap like Real Love, Minute by Minute and What a Fool Believes.
I agree it was a jarring shift, but that music just doesn't offend me. It has a purpose. Again, not enough to make me buy it, but I can see what people get out of it. When the mood strikes me, I could probably be persuaded to admit that What a Fool Believes is a damn fine pop/soul song. I've always found it difficult to get my arms around the McDonald Doobie Brothers years, as well as Hall & Oates. Very similar "blue-eyed soul" that gets unfairly dumped on, IMO. Underneath it all is some fine pop songs, even if the packaging makes you gag.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-24-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote