View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

A Closer Look...

At QB
Albert Chandler will be my starting QB for a couple of seasons. And freshman Edward Martinez could develope into a capable backup.

At RB
Junior Brian Ramos is the starter. Freshman Frank Mason looks like he'll develope into a good backup. I like to depend on the running game, so I'll be looking hard for the best RB I can land during recruiting.

At Receivers
Sophmore Brian King and Freshman Michael Sherman will be my 1-2 punch at the WR position for a good while. Ronnie Baird is "meh" at TE. Hopefully freshman Jason Babcock will be ready next season to take over.

All in all, some good, young talent at the skill positions.

At the OL
OT: Not happy with the tackle position. Leo McCloud looks like he'll be decent, but I need another good OT.
OG: Senior James Keith looks to be adequate, but he's the only talent I have at G. I will need to focus heavily on getting 2 good guards during recruiting.
C: Freshman Felipe White might develope into a decent C.

All in all, really bad at OL. Will be doing some heavy recruiting there. My QB and RB will get killed if I try any plays that need to develope. So fast developing runs (nothing fancy) and short passing will have to be how I run my offense this season

At the DL
DE: William Bates and John Washington look like they will be adequate in a season or two. I'll try to grab a DE if I can during recruiting.
DT: Freshmen Clifford Hare and Aubrey Howell need to develope quickly. I'm extremely weak here.

At the LB
ILB: Nothing to even look at here. Just bad. bad, bad.
OLB: Senior Thomas Jones is good, and Freshman Jacob Perez will be good. I need another OLB to replace Jones next year.

At the DB
CB: A couple of players who might be decent later, but nothing here to write home about.
S: David Hall and Harry Silverman are two juniors that look like they can hold their own. They'll need to with my defense...

As a defense first kind of guy, my defense just is not up to snuff. I will be spending most of my recruiting budget on defense. This is just terrible

At ST
Well, I need a kicker and I need a punter....
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote