View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #51
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Fixed that for ya.

He may be perfectly spot-on, time will tell, I'm completely open to that possibility. But how on earth could his perspective not be considered less than skewed by the situation?

What's he going to come on here and say? "Oh, the platform has been a miserable failure & we've really given up hope at this point?"

Benefit of the doubt is one thing but good grief, talk about somebody/some company getting their butts kissed ... defending this is about as silly as I've seen here yet.

of course his perspective is biased. but you know what Jon...(and i mean this constructively so sorry if it comes off sounding harsh) everybody's perspective on EVERYTHING is biased. Your perspective on things is biased. Mine is biased. Ben's is biased. EVERYONE is biased about EVERYTHING. It's our responsibility as intelligent human beings, intelligent "consumers" of information, to be able to recognize these biases and assign the person's opinion or position (or whatever it may be) the appropriate weight based on that.

If you go to a restraunt and the waiter recommends the special and says it's amazing do you assume that it actually IS awesome? No. You assume that the waiter is trying to push something on you that is overpriced/that they have an excess of. But do you get upset and call the waiter on that and blast him as the exception to the rule? (FWIW I know you might actually answer yes to this and if that's the case then obviously there is no common ground to discuss this on because you are incapable of letting anything go).

I look at this the same way.

edit: changed a t to a w

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-07-2006 at 06:53 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote