View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #56
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
You were not alone, that was one of the major issues folks had with previous versions.

This aspect of PureSim got a *huge* overhaul in PS 2007 via a number of features. First there is a new "Save as template" feature, which you can use after you have created an association, assigned/edited parks, finances, regions, named minor leage teams etc.

Then you use the new "Create from Template" feature later on when you want to create a new association based on that template. You'll instanly be ready with an association created exactly to the specifications you saved in the template, parks, finances, everything...

When you create an association based on a saved template you can either a) Generate a brand new pool of players and re-draft or b) Use the players in the template.

I think this will be a huge help to folks that found the game a bit daunting to setup and customize associations and it should lead to a good community of folks building template associations that others can drop in and use in PureSim.

PureSim 2007 actually ships with a few ready made templates including a really nice fictional association that mirrrors the stucture and finances of major league baseball, so you can be managing your first ball game with a fictional association within seconds after installing PureSim 2007.

The template feature might be a nice way for season replay nuts to build highly accurate season disks as well. The game ships with the Lahman database so all players/teams 1900-2005 are available.

BTW, you can also export/import individual ball park definitions (it saves the park dimensions, photo etc. to a file)

Shaun,

That is absolutely awesome. I will be naming my next born child in honor of you. Well once I clear it with the misses
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote