View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 07:22 PM   #84
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today we host Arizona in a game that we should be able to win handily. They are 2-3 and their offense hasn't been very good. W. Tuitama has completed 108 of 172 passes for 1219 yards with 10 TD's and 8 INT's. Their passing game is 90th in the nation and their total offense is 101st. Their defense is 26th and has some talent in the back 7.

All of the experts are picking us to handle business at home. I'm hoping a good performance might convince Ricky to give us a firm committment.

I thought I hit post, but didn't. Therefore, the preview and game are all in this post..

The first play they hit their WR on a quick curl, he jukes my corner back and streaks down the field for a TD! 7-0 as Johnson just burnt us..

Turner drops a 3rd down pass ending our drive just past midfield.

As the 2nd quarter begins, Booty hits Turner for a 28 yard TD pass to finish a balanced drive. 7-7.

Cary Harris is getting beaten up and down the field. 14-7. I'm going to move Thomas up to the #2 CB spot next game.

Actually, I'm going to do it right now.

We march down the field in 4 plays ending with a 32 yard TD pass from Booty to Washington. 14-14.

They are mostly in 4 WR sets and they are still picking on Harris (who is my unquestionable 3rd CB.)

We force them into a 52 yard FG attempt and they miss it.

They force a 3 and out as a Washington fumble lost us 10 yards..

We force a 3 and out as Thomas defends 2 passes!

After a pass heavy drive stalls, we miss a 30 yard FG wide left!

Pinkard intercepts it and returns it all the way, but a PI call brings it back

2 plays later Ray Maulauga intercepts it!

Unfortunately, we fail to convert a 4th and 1.

Halftime: 14-14.

Tuitama is 12 of 19 for 245 yards with 2 TD's and 1 INT. Most of the yardage came against Harris and we are doing better with Thomas in the game.

Booty is 8 of 16 for 196 yards 2 TD's 0 INT's.

Their HB X. Smith has 17 yards on 12 carries.

Washington has 11 carries for 42 yards.

Smith with a killer run in which he breaks two tackles gets them a TD to make it 21-14. That was a 14 yard run to end a 11 play 71 yard drive.

We answer with an 8 play 74 yard drive that ends with a 18 yard TD pass to Reed. 21-21.

We force a 3 and out as Thomas defends two passes well.

Why didn't I move him to the #2 CB sooner this year?

Danelo misses a 46 yard FG attempt.

After we stop them, Washington fumbles it for the 2nd time this game. This time they recover.

Rivers forces a QB fumble and Ellis picks it up!

Booty with his 4th TD today and his 2nd to Turner to finish off a 9 play 69 yard TD drive. 28-21. 5:30 left in the game.

We force a 6 and out. 3:40 left and we get the punt.

Washington just batters his way to 1st down after 1st down with 3 or 4 yards per carry. We run out the clock after 4 or 5 first downs.

Game over. 28-21 win. Much closer than I thought it would be.

Tuitama was 18 of 31 for 329 yards with 2 TD's 1 INT.

Booty was 15 of 28 for 302 yards 4 TD's 0 INT's.

X. Smith had 21 carries for 63 yards.

Tuitama had 4 carries for 24 yards including a powerful 16 yard run where he ran over 2 guys.

Washington had 24 carries for 122 yards.

Booty had 8 carries for 32 yards.

A. Johnson had 8 catches for 151 yards and a TD (mostly against Cary Harris.)

B. McCall had 4 catches for 70 yards.

Patrick Turner had 4 catches for 121 yards and 2 TD's.

Dean had 3 catches for 40 yards.

Davis had 3 catches for 37 yards.

Adewale had 2 catches for 28 yards.

S. Larsen led them with 8 tackles, 3 for a loss, and a FF.

They had 4 players each with a sack.

Harris led us with 6 tackles.

Morrow led the team with 3 sacks.

Maualuga had our only pick.

Thomas immediately becomes our #2 CB. I hate to see our secondary next year after he and Pinkard graduate.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote