View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 11:30 PM   #250
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
But you went off on this person in particular on why he was banned, but you didn't even read the pages that lead up to you. How can you judge this banning without even reading why it happened?

I've had a problem with the way discipline has been meted out on this board. I've been pretty up front about it. I've made my position pretty clear. I believe that less moderation is better than more moderation. I want to see moderation done in moderation. That was always my position, but I became more vocal after I had my own personal run in with the moderation of this board.

I didn't judge this banning. I actually still haven't. The question I did ask essentially boiled down to "Did he deserve to get banned for a concrete banable violation, or is this the result of the moderators coming to the conclusion that the poster had achieved some arbitrary level of annoyance?"

While it does seem to be the latter, It also seems that the consensus of folks believe he deserved it. I have no problem with that.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote