View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #12
bryce
High School Varsity

while i've never had my card stolen, what HAS happened to me on two different occasions (and this may chap my hide even more than traditional theft) is a waitress adding an extra 0 to my tip amount b/c, i guess, she figured we were drunk and by the time the statement came i either wouldn't notice or remember or i would figure it was reasonable. but when a $50 tab with a $10 tip shows up on your statement as $150 total, that's hard to miss. obviously i got it corrected and never had to pay it, but it pisses me off the lack of morality in some people - this is theft, pure and simple, just like any other.

and while i'm on my soapbox, on another occasion, this time at bennigans, i was with my mom and pops, and we had quite a few beers with dinner, and i think our tab was around $100, and the con-artist waitress brought us our tab, ringing up an extra c-note, and we paid it at first, but then we looked closer at it after she left, and pops called it out to her, and whaddya know - she had the extra cash ready immediately in her front pocket to give back without question - she didn't even look at the tab - a blatant sign she knew what she was doing.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote