View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #324
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Brian, Saldana voted for RealDeal yesterday (post #237) and said he was staying away from the Swaggs/Anxiety debate - something along the lines of playing more cautiously this game after the debacle he created Day 1 last game.

Ironically, he lived through the last game and is dead Night 1 in this one.

Pass, what do you make out of Saldana's post that you quoted? It is pretty clear that he had no reason to suspect Anxiety of being good, but no one had any information on other players prior to this morning. So I'm not sure how much stock to put into it.

Let's explore the idea that Anxiety is a revolutionary and finds himself in a tie yesterday.

- If he is a revolutionary, he has 1-2 other teammates (anyone think there would be more)?
- If he is a revolutionary, he would be very concerned about being in a tie unless he or his teammate(s) control the tiebreaker
- The vast majority of the votes were in early yesterday and there was no vote switching in the last hour
- In a game where the bad guys start off with small numbers - at least in terms of people they can coordinate with - Anxiety is playing an aggressive game challenging people

Now on the last point, perhaps it is an adjustment from the previous game where Anxiety was a quiet bad guy and was picked off. But the overall picture, at least as I've just portrayed it, doesn't add up for me with Anxiety as a bad guy. I'm certainly willing to listen to other opinions and be persuaded, but this is how I see Anxiety with the information I have right now.

I think you probably are right about the number of bad guys. We know there is a turncoat, we know there is the farmer, and there is napoleon (and his fellow revolutionaries). The way thats worded makes me think its either 2 + turncoat or 3+ turncoat. I doubt there would be more than that.

I also think it makes sense that if you only have 1 or 2 known bad guys, losing a teammate early in the game is a real bad thing and agree that we likely would have seen more end vote movement. My guess is the bad guy's strategy is probably to try to avoid lynch as long as possible to buy time for the turncoat to be scanned as good (and get him necessary trust for later).

I guess the only way I could really picture Anxiety being bad is in a scenerio that its just napoleon, the farmer and the turncoat, and the other two don't know he is bad. Just from the wording of the rules I think there had to have been at least one more which is why I'm giving Anxiety the benefit of the doubt for now.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote