View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #16
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

WEEK 5 RESULTS:

Game 1: 210 Credits on Washington (+5) over New York Giants. Result: LOSE 210 CREDITS (New York 19--Washington 3) (The Giants are unpredictable. I still think that they will finish under .500, but they do have the talent to win any game in which they compete.).

Game 2: 116 Credits on Green Bay (+3) over St. Louis. Result: PUSH(St. Louis 23 - Green Bay 20) (Heartbreaking Loss for Green Bay. I, personally, am glad that I took the -116 in order to get 3 points instead of 2.5.).

Game 3: 100 Credits on New England (-9.5) over Miami. Result: WIN 100 CREDITS(New England 20--Miami 10) (Culpepper's shoulder hurts. Right. That's why he was benched. Too bad Saban doesn't have a good QB like Drew Brees. He could really go places with a signal caller like that. Of course, he'd have to give up a king's ransom to trade for a guy like that. You can't just pick up someone like that as a free agent.)

Game 4: 105 Credits on Carolina (-7.5) over Cleveland. Result: WIN 100 CREDITS (Carolina 20--Cleveland 12). (I'll take it. Sometimes you get the bear.).

Game 5: 100 Credits on San Francisco (-3.5) over Oakland. Result: WIN 100 CREDITS (San Francisco 34--Oakland 20). (The lines on Oakland are going to be interesting to watch going forward. How high will they have to be to get money bet on them?).

Game 6: 105 Credits on Philadelphia (-1) over Dallas. Result: WIN 100 CREDITS (Philadelphia 38--Dallas 24). (I am not looking forward to the Saints having to play the Eagles. It will not be pretty. We are good, but we are not NFC Championship caliber, and the Eagles are.).

WEEK TOTAL: +190

YEAR TOTAL: +250

BANKROLL REMAINING: 1350

DISCUSSION: Little bit of a comeback. Goes to show, though. The one game that I knew was going to be a winner was Redskins-Giants. And it wasn't even close. Guess those Vegas guys know what they are doing.

That said, I am glad after 5 weeks to still be above water. Lots of people claim to be able to make predictions well, beat the system, etc. And, while I realize that I totally could never do this for a living (and may not even come out of this season with my 1100 Credits intact), it is nice to not have blown my wad before the season was 1/4 done.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 10-08-2006 at 07:34 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote