View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #584
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Funny stuff, Anxiety.

Cronin, lets talk this through if you are STARS. I'm going to come at it from my perspective on the game so there will be assumptions in here that I am STARS. If you choose to ignore these, that is fine.

1.) Lathum comes out and votes for me on Day 1. Clearly not the Chief, allegiance unknown
2.) You come out shortly thereafter, saying that an early vote = bad guy or Chief, then vote early for me. You are clearly not the Chief, allegiance unknown
3.) You become the 2nd choice candidate yesterday in a runoff with a hero (Bullet)
4.) You come out today and say that the strategy should be to look for the people who voted early for Bullet, although that makes zero sense if it was STARS vs STARS as you assert
5.) You now say that Lathum is not the Chief because he voted for you early - the EXACT argument I made yesterday when he voted for me

If you are STARS, then it would make sense to look at the people who advocated the inclusion of both you and Bullet yesterday, not just the people who pushed for Bullet.

So, what am I missing with this analysis that should help me believe you are STARS and that we should be starting to look at new candidates rather than considering voting records from yesterday?

Ok, back from lunch, sorry about the meltdown. Still working my way through the thread, but I like working with hoops.

1. My thinking yesterday, which has been either deliberately misrepresented by people, or which I did not explain clearly was this - the FIRST vote on any given player, and the first vote overall, were MOST likely to come from either the police chief or umbrella/zombie. That vote came from Lathum. The reason I didn't vote for Lathum was, if he WAS the police chief, the possibility of a bandwagon/landslide vote made that too risky a move. So my thinking was, vote for the guy he votes for - if hoops turns up good, then I think it's better than even odds that Lathum is bad. Then today Lathum votes for ME first - so I know he's not the police chief. Hence, he's high on my list.

4. The early votes for bullet were BEFORE it was clear that it would be a stars v stars contest. This was hashed out before between me and I forget who - somebody said, wouldn't it be the the LATE votes that are more likely to be bad guys? And I said "no, because the late votes were choosing between stars and stars." The EARLY votes, and in particular the FIRST vote for bullet, I think are most likely to be non-stars.

5. If you can make the argument, why can't I? You say you're stars, I say I'm stars. Neither one of us knows about the other one.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote