View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #344
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
If you really have problems, then lets dig into it now on day 1 before we get in deeper. I still am intrigued since I didn't figure people would argue with me posting stuff that Christopher Tolkien wrote, but I guess anything is possible in WW. Its all in HoME #6, 7 or 8, and if you don't believe me then so be it. You can argue things published by Christopher TOlkien aren't canon, or they aren't applicable to the story line, or whatever. But I love Tolkien's writings and spent a good bit of my youth growing up reading and re-reading them to the point of geekism.

And one other comment Saldana, one thing I learned when I used to frequen Tolkien discussion newsgroup is most people have problems agreeing what is and is not canon. I choose to believe that the things in Tolkien's notes that Christopher later published are canon. As Tolkien created a universe, he didn't just write stories and those notes are how they all work together. Others argue that the things Christopher wrote have too much of his opinion in them and they can not be viewed as fact.

Like I said if you want to disagree about what is or isn't canon its fine there is not much I can argue with you on that. I just think you're arguing against something that was never my intent. (To come out and say Blade is bad we must lynch him).

Anyways if you have issues with me, lets hash these out now and get them out of the way.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote