View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #456
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think the herbalist is a vanilla role. I assume since we live in a town I assume we all have some sort of occupation and role.

I think those of you with knowldege of LOTR may be reading into things to much...

I probably have been reading too much into things, if i had stayed quiet I wouldn't be under the barrage of attacks now. Maybe I am hurting things more than helping by showing off my love for Tolkien's writings.

Its just hard to describe a passion without appearing fanatical I guess. Some people get carried away over Star Wars or who knows what. Middle-earth was my "fantasy" as a child growing up. I still have my original paperbacks (now falling apart and partially missing covers) from 1968 even. Growing up, my father didn't really spend much time with me.. was always too busy with work to come to my baseball or football games. The only thing he ever did with me was read and talk about Tolkien's world.

I'll take a step back I suppose though since its causing more problems than its worth.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote