View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

Team Strategy

Offense

Running Game - This will be my focus. You don't get a player like Tiki Barber and not use him. I'm going to be mostly runnign behind Chris Snee and Kareem McKenzie (right side of the line).

Passing Game - I'm going to be throwing short a lot. None of my WRs are all that good at Getting Downfield (But Shockey is...). So it looks like my offensive will be mostly running with short passing. Still going to take shots, especially against teams that are weak in the safety position.

Defense

No need to blitz much since Strahan and Umenyiora will rpvide some good pass rush for us, but I will be sending in Arrington a lot. He's by far my best pass rushing LB.

Since both of my safeties are better at zone than man, I'll be running a 2-Deep Man and 2-Deep Bump and Run most of the time. I'll throw in some 1-Deep coverages to mix things up, but I'll hardly run 3-Deep Zone or 4-Deep Zone coverages at all. Only in obvious passing situations.

I'll be double teaming the second WR a lot to give McPhearson some help as he develops. I'm sticking Madison on an island and I'm pretty sure he can handle it.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote