View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:00 AM   #44
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Keep in mind that the GEFL draft was designed to run for 2 weeks. Only the first half of the 53 rounds manually (I can't find the numbers, but think it was 30 rounds).

Fantastic Flying Froggies and I have proven in the GEFL draft that living overseas in a time zone with a 6 to 9-hour difference doesn't have to mean holding up the draft. It's just that with VPI97's utility, it was easy to fill a list of names and wake up the next morning with 2 new players on your team. I can't remember holding up that draft at all. Of course, with only 2 European based owners (Dutch still lived in the USA), it was easier to set things aside and feel like you (me) are going to make some sacrifices to get your team.

My own preference would be a non-preference draft, we could go the quick-draft the last 15-30 rounds like we did with the GEFL. I'm not all excited about the pre-sim idea, but I think I could live with it, though my brain already hurts from the possible trading spree I could get into...