View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #293
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, there's a difference here. If I were going to start voting for quiet players today, I would vote for NTN. Dunno if I'm going to do that. Quiet today doesn't really bother me like it used to. Alan brings up a good point; we should be aware of people that get quieter as the week goes on. However, some of that is also the way life goes -- for instance, I have two finals thursday, so if I'm still alive then and get quiet, and get lynched for it, that's not because I was necessarily a bad guy, but because life interfered. The main deal is that we've rooted out a lot of the perma-quiet players, which was I thought the point of the tactic when we started doing it.

Right now part of me would rather focus on getting rid of the perma-mean players that make the game less about strategy and more about revenge, which is a desire I myself am open to sometimes. So I don't know.

When I go back and forth like this sometimes that's because I can fully believe multiple different tactics might work. We could be served well by voting out people that aren't talking so far; we might not. This isn't cut and dry like that usually, so I have mental debates about it that sometimes show up in my posts. That's the way I am, for better or worse.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote