View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 08:39 PM   #499
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This game was much closer at the end than it needed to be. Had I put some thought into it, LSG and I would have jumped on Blade's Fouts bandwagon as soon as the night kill happened last night. Of course, I was at work, and I think LSG was in bed, so we couldn't have all jumped in right away. In fact, that might have saved us, because if I jumped in with Blade last night, but LSG didn't see the thread until the morning, it is likely Fouts/DT/path would have all had votes on me before she did--and earning the tiebreaker.

You all would have enjoyed being a little vidcam into my brain in the last hour of work. LSG sent me a vote update which had path leading. It was while reading that that I realized I wasn't too certain about what happens with a tie. I thought it might be that the first to reach the total vote was the tiebreaker (Alan posted his clarification this morning after I left for work, but I had the gist right).

That's about the time I realized we had to get votes in before the others and switch to Blade's Fouts vote. I sent an email to LSG telling ehr the situation and rushed home myself--and got hit by a TON of traffic. I actually went to a Kinko's to check in and potentially switch my vote.

Fortunately, Blade already took the initiative that I hoped he would--he switched his vote to path. That pretty much wins it for us. Blade is the MVP.

BTW, Lathum chose to guard Blade on Night One. That surprised me--I was expecting Barkeep, which is why we didn't target Barkeep that night.

The only reason we targeted Lathum was because we wanted to be certain to not get Pussy Galore. We felt certain DC and Lathum weren't PG, and DC was lynched, so we went with Lathum. Lucky move for us (and lucky he didn't protect himself).

I wasn't certain Blade was PG until he fake revealed last night, but I suspected since he continued to push the "BK is 007" angle out loud and in the open.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote