View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #34
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

Early FA

Stage 1 of Early FA:

My 1st action in the 1st stage of FA is to sign Antonides to a contract. He is a RFA so I can deal with him. I have to wait on our UFAs until week 2. He wants a 5 year deal. I tweak a little and he signs a 5 year $12 million.
SE- Blair only wants a 1 year no bonus deal for $250,000. I sign him. He can compete if I sign more than 5 WR.
WLB- Fredrickson wants a 1 year no bonus deal for $310,000. I sign him. Same deal as Blair.
The only other RFA is CB- Hanks and I am not signing him.
I manage a trade with Tampa Bay. I trade K- Jerman for a 6(27) pick in this year's draft and a 7th round next year. That was the best I could work out. I should be able to find a better option in the draft.
We have 35 players signed right now. One is on IR so really 34.

Time to look at the draft preview and do any interviews. We have the 9th pick in the draft.

A quick survey of the draft shows no super studs for the #1 pick. So glad we have the 9th pick.

I will do interviews after I try to sign some of my UFA in the early stages of FA.

Stage 2 of Early FA:

TE- Bufford is looking for a 1 year deal. I offer him 2 year deal.
SE- High wants a little more than I wanted. I will wait on him.
RG- Lee wants a 4 year deal. He is in his 7th season. I will try to sign him. That should end his career in Miami.
RT- Atkinson I will wait on.
DE- Withers won't sign with me because I franchised him last year. He would only be a backup anyway.
DT- Goodwin only wants a 1 year deal. I offer it to him. Bennett also wants a 1 year deal. I offer it to him.
CB- Pirrup wants a 1 year deal. I offer him a 2 year deal.
SS- Mihna wants a little more than I wanted. I will wait on him.

Players not offered or won't offer: QB- Tozer, RG- Newton, DE- Withers, MLB- Stokes, OLB- Brooks, CB- Addy.
This may change but for now this is how it is.

I find a RB who could help us. Kurt Crichlow. He played for Arizona 4 years and Minn. the last two. He is a mentor and had a 4.56 ypc last year and 4.4 ypc for his career. He would only be used to spell Newton a rest. He only wants a 1 year deal. I offer him a little more than he wanted.
I also see a FL who could help. Freddie Cole. He is in his 6th year all with Jax. He has good stats. He could be a good 3rd WR for us. He only wants a 1 year deal.
I offer a MLB- Clifton Whiting a contract. He is in his 6th season and is not outstanding. But he could start until we find a better option. I offer him a 1 year deal.
I make 1 more offer. DE- Daniel Ward is pretty good. He could start if we didn't have the studs we have. He is in his 9th year. He wants 2 years. I offer it to him.

Up next: Early FA continues

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote