View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #266
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I don't think anyone said they were voting you for using mathematic odds, but rather because you were the 2nd vote on someone for two days in a row -- which is a valid reason in the absence of better info or analysis.

I find it odd that yesterday you expected to get votes put on you for being the 2nd voter on JE, but today are surprised to see anyone voting for you despite doing that for the second day straight.

Either you scanned over and missed them or deliberately are choosing to ignore them. The first hint was dropped by LSG earlier in the day saying as a math teacher she didn't understand simple math? I'm sorry but I don't buy that. Its not rocket science to know 5/7=71%. It felt like she was trying to make the math look bogus, when thats all it was the entire time, just math and odds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
It is so funny to see people throw out math. I am a math teacher and most of the time I dont even get the percentages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Alan I'm disappointed to see you hide behind math rather than your intuition. In fact the two days in a row of casting the second vote is enough to make me look your way today as we seem bereft of the benefit of knowing who the BG is.

Vote Alan

Then suddenly barkeep comes back and refers to the math thing as well and both he and LSG dropped quick votes on me within 10 min of me having said that I would have to leave. It felt like a setup then, and still feels like one now. I was wrong about Barkeep, but it still feels fishy to me.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote