View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #619
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Props to James Mitchell for taking that ass-whooping to open Impact (even if it was edited heavily).

Sadly, from reading the spoilers, that may be one of my favorite parts of the whole show tonight.

-- I hate the Christy Hemme angle
-- The current Eric Young angle is worse than useless (at least it is when you're the dad of an 8 y/o wrestling fan)
-- I dislike AJ playing the heel to Angle's face (I mean, c'mon, Angle breaks the ankle of an innocent bystander whereas Styles initially got pissed by somebody poking their nose in his business -- which is more heelish?)
-- I'd really like the Dudleys to get the belts, even if just for a week, in order to complete their title trifecta

And next week there's apparently a whopping two whole matches, count'em, TWO, in the whole freakin' hour.

Screw Angle ... Joe ought to kill Russo.

edit to add: Oddly enough, the whole Abyss/Sting thing is probably the most interesting thing to me right now. It's still pretty predictable, but there haven't been any major screwups along the road to the inevitable conclusion. And it's interesting to see how the crowd was siding with Abyss over Sting tonight (at least that's what the spoilers said the chants indicated).

Also interesting to hear the reaction to the various names that Angle threw out while trying to guess Christian's "consultant". Goldberg drew boos, while the mention of Lesnar led to the start of an "RVD" chant.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-18-2007 at 09:13 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote