View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #19
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Saturday, 01/20

It felt good to sleep in today, though I was actually hoping to wake up before the tea and paper arrived just to have a full day today. No problem though as the sleep was worth it. After relaxing with some tea and reading a little of the papers I made a call home and then posted Friday on here.

Soon it was time for breakfast. It was breakfast ham today (more of a brunch) and toast. The breakfast ham is more like pork roll. I mentioned that to Viswa and how I thought it would taste good as a sandwich. He was going to make one right then but I was happy with how it was (unfortunately a sandwich will just mean bread as I have not seen evidence of rolls in the house).

During brunch we talked about the cricket match tomorrow and the one next week, which will be in Chennai. At that point they got on the phone and called anotehr high ranking person at the office. They handed the phone to me and he said he would get me tickets for next week, surprising since I heard it was sold out. I have an odd reaction to that, while it is something that I would like to say I did, those matches are incredibly long so I don;t know what to expect.

It was funny, I think I was being tested. Before he said he would get tickets I was asked who was going to win. Of course I answered India. I was then asked who I was going to root for. Again there was only one answer to that question. Yeah, like I am going to root for the West Indes in a cricket crazy hometown mob in the stands.

After lunch it was pretty much working most of the afternoon from the house. They showed up to fix the network cable so I had a better connection. Before I knew it the time was 5:00 and dinner was less than an hour away. I started finishing up, got ready for dinner and headed downstairs.

Dinner was some sort of clear soup, tasted good, and some kind of Chinese noodles with chicken (and a bunch of other things like carrots and stuff). If I ate Chinese food I would probably know what this is called. It was good. Fruit was desert which I had a little of (that whole texture thing usually gets me with fresh fruit so I didn't have a lot).

The evening consisted of talking to the wife and kids, watching a littel television, surfing online, answering emails and playing a little (cricket and FOF). It was a very relaxing, yet somewhat boring, evening.

There is a good side and a bad side to that aspect of this trip. The last trip had much more to write about by this time as they had Marty and I scheduled for all sorts of trips in our down time. The onlyh problen is that I was beyond exhausted by the end of the trip as our weeks were filled with 13 hour work days and our weekends were filled to the max so there was no down time at all.

I finish my day by posting the log here and will be going to bed relatively shortly (though I do not feel tired as of yet, even though it is about 1 AM here now).

Tomorrow looks to consist of watching a little of the cricket match downstairs with Viswa and Ramesh and maye even trying to play out back if the equipment gets delivered.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote