View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 01:07 AM   #30
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, 01/25

I had a confernece call this morning that started at 9 AM here and I figured it would be easier to just take the call from the house over the soft phone. Because of that I was a little slower moving this morning and had breakfast in the room (French toast and breakfast ham).

After breakfast I took the conference call, which didn;t last too long and that's just the way I like them. From there I prepared for work but had no not water so the shower was an eye opener.

As I finished packing up the laptop Ramesh called for my ride. From there however it took about 45 minutes for the ride to arrive. The ride is was not as bad as we missed the main rush hour traffic (though it is still rather busy).

The day at work was another odd one. It consisted of my attempting to get things moving enough so we could easily afford the three day weekend. It seemed like pulling teeth sometimes to get updates and things done today. Especially where the local manager was concerned, he seemed to not want to allow the Saturday off.

An added fun fact is that the local team leader is supposed to do a presentation for one of the extra big wigs, who is showing up for the Bangalore office opening, about our project. I have been told that I will not be involved in the presentation (they want to emphasize what the office here is doing). I have offered to let them give me a dry run of their presentation but that offer has somehow turned into them expecting me to create the presentation. Something tells me I will be getting screwed by this somehow.

What concerns me the most is that the team leader has consistantly told me that he understands the project and different aspects but somehow all that unserstanding has dissapeared now. Plus he is a VERY nervous type (I have never seen anyone shake like he does when the "spotlight" is on him). I can't see him pulling this presentation off at all (maybe he is the one being setup as the local manager should know this).

The day ended with a conference call with people in my home office that lasted until after 9 PM, kind of bookended the day for me. That call was semi-productive.

In the mean-time I also learned of other calls with our client about the project and even more decisions made about the project that I have not been informed of. All this seems to be driven by asshole VP (I'll be damned if I not being setup here). I again requested that I be included in ALL meetings about the project. One moment I am called the "project manager", the next I am asked to only work on technical specs, then the next minute I am called on the carpet for project management decisions that were made in meetings that I was not ever made aware of. Again, I GIVE UP!!!

The ride home was long as the traffic was a mess and the driver was a maniac. The brand new driver who does not speak English is also a maniac behind the wheel. I can't even begin to describe this guy's driving in a manner that would even scratch the surface. He guns it to attampt to get into an area that I can see we won't fit and then slams the breaks at the last minute when he realizes that and that happens the entire ride home, plus many near collisions because of the same reason.

Dinner was good again. Soup of some sort (bugt it was good), chicken marinated in something (again, it was good) and a rice dish (cheese and some kind of spices).

From there it was upstairs to find no internet connection. What was even worse about that is that while I was at work I sent a message to another member of this board who mentioned he was in Chennai this week. I wasn't sure if he was still in the area and thought it would be cool to meet for a beer somewhere. How odd would that be, the first member of this board that I could meet and it would be 10,000 miles away from home.

Played a little FOF and Brothers in Arms, watched a little TV and went to bed.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote