View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 02:25 PM   #190
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

CraigSca,

Thanks for the very kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

You're absolutely right about those losses though. I could deal with losing to UCLA every year, they simply were a better program and had better players.

But if a game can emotionally devestate you, those losses to those really bad teams from Arizona did.

But in the end it made the emotional investment in the story that much more of a rewarding payoff when we finally won a national title. So, it's a fair trade I think.

I talk about emotional investment, and this being the first dynasty I have ever written about, I have noticed that telling the story, writing it up, makes the game come alive more than any other FOF or TCY career I've ever played. I'd certainly recommend writing a dynasty to anyone who really wants to maximize their emotional attachment to their players or teams in the game. It's been lots of fun.

Most of all, thanks for the read! It's nice to know what you're writing is being read and enjoyed.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote