View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 01:56 AM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Saturday, 02/03

Slept in a little today and got ready to go to the office. Still internet problems so I don't have the option of reliably doing stuff at the house. Had a small breakfast of french toast prior to heading in.

The time at the office was relatively quiet. A couple people from the team came in to ask a couple questions and got most of that straightened out. One is a little puzzling as it is a very old method being used and I was hoping to find a way around rewriting the code but cannot even find anything good about the command to base any kind of change on (not like this really is something that you wanted to read).

I also took a little time to post my last couple of days while eating lunch as I have no idea when the internet at the house will be reliable (I probably won't see that again before I leave).\

I also did a major gaff as it seems my stress level took a toll on me. I had responded to a few people, including my boss, about an email that was sent out the other day. It was a sarcastic response that also had a little meaning to it. I was ready to leave it at that but my boss replied to everyone and kind of called me out in the email. That set me off and I replied with one of those statements that you wish you could take back after thinking about it. I thought I had replied just to him, I would later hear more about this email and find that I had replied all. Major screw up there.

I decided to try something different when I left the office and found an auto-rickshaw to go back the house in. This was quite an experience as we darted all over the road and with those things having only three wheels you almost always feel like you are about to tip.

I had the driver stop along the way at a local area where there were a lot of little "shops". I didn't really see anything after walking around and began getting hounded relentlessly by beggers. I also found that many of the locals don't appear to speak English so I started feeling rather uncomfortable and out of place. Especially as the beggers got more persistant so I got back in the auto-rickshaw (paid him extra to wait) and headed back to the house.

After getting back I found that Viswa had to leave to go to his family as his grandmother had passed away. I wished him and his family well and told to by all means please go as your family comes first (he was actually asking me if it was okay).

The rest of the day was slow and mostly consisted of rest and dinner which was baked chicken, fried rice and started with some vegetable soup. After dinner it was resting and watching some television.

From there it was off to bed.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote